Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Arcade Request Thread.  (Read 5279 times)

Offline Dante

The Arcade Request Thread.
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:05:36 AM »
As Blackllama pointed out having multiple threads for Arcade Request is unnecessary.
So I ask that we use this thread for anything related to adding, removing or altering any games in the arcade.

So far from other threads for adding games to Arcade we have:
I would like to request Thing Thing series being added to the arcade.
It is a fun game to play even if CG website cant track high scores.
I believe it will also bring in more people since thing thing is fairly popular.

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Thing-Thing-Arena-3.html
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Thing-Thing-4.html

http://www.kongregate.com/games/arawkins/dolphin-olympics-2?acomplete=dolphin+olympics
If this game is possible to be added that would be sweet, but sadly I have a feeling it won't work.

For Removing Games We Have:
In the interest of fairness, I believe some of the games in the arcade should be exempt from awards/longest champions stats, etc.  I'm not saying the games should be removed, OR that people should lose their scores, but simply that if we are going to award people and have stats for best players, it should be fair, and not based on a broken system.

Babyshute - timed game where there is a maximum achievable score.  The problem is, each time the game is played, the maximum score is different.  Our current champion has a score of 364, whereas after I played a few times and each time getting as many points as I possibly could, only got 256.  I'm sure some will say I'm whining over being unable to beat it, but it just seems less of a game and more of a "get lucky" simulator.
Penguin hit the lottery getting his score, it just happened he got the one in a million time that the game had 364 available points.

Military snow - it appears that there is a maximum possible score, and as soon as someone reaches that score, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone else to become champion of that game.  Corey got 745, then later so did me, Old Crow, and pwn3d, so I'm pretty sure 745 is the max score and no one will ever be able to beat Corey who got it first, therefore his highscore will be the longest champion forever because the game only allows a score of up to 745.

Xmas Boarding - because this was only available for one month, Discord who had the last high score will never be defeated by anyone because no one can play the game to beat him, another game where the longest champion is because of the game, not because of actual competition. 
No one can beat that score until December 2013.

Funkypong - I discovered that if you push the go button just right and leave the mouse alone, it will perpetually bounce the ball until you move the mouse again, I walked away for hours came back and stopped it at exactly 5000.  That isn't a game, that is a "see how long you can leave your computer alone" simulator.  I also believe (but have no proof other than common sense) that this is the way oobla krolin and doctor got their scores as well.
 Again, because of the way the game is coded, it is possible to exploit it.

Avoider is not necessarily totally broken, just figured I should mention that sometimes all 3 shapes get stuck in the walls for a while so you get a lot of points for free because there is nothing to dodge.  It doesn't happen all that consistently but I have seen it happen.

There are a number of games that don;t have any instructions and it would be nice to have something on the page to tell you what to do, also some games like Triathlon when you click instructions, nothing happens.  So there are some other minor issues.
Heres some i think should be removed

Discoracer:  Similar to Babyshute, it has a random maximum score as the types of objects that appear are random, and some appear right under cars.

Dolphindash: Has a "Perfect" score (not sure if it is POSSIBLE to get) but there are 2 random bonuses in the game that give a random amount of points, these bonuses also pretty much make up 50% of your score, so again, highscore is completely luck based.

Dotops: I'm not sure if it is just me because Chris's score was beat, but at one point in the game, so many people spawn that the game itself starts lagging and slowing down. Plus people literally spawn right on top of you so it's more click and hope the game doesn't hate you. It's debatable though.
Heres some more

Ghost2000: Seeing that you're the champion, you've probably noticed that the ghosts go from managable speed at lvl 2 to Ludicrous Speed at lvl 3. That is just rediculous.

Sexy Bunnies (1 and 2): The first game just seems to be "Mash this button for the longer than anyone else to win!" While the second is just "Mash the No button and hope you get lucky." There is literally no way to beat the current highscores without just mashing the No button and hoping that you don't get a lot of Yes's.

Castle Defender: While no one has achieved a perfect score yet, since there are a limited amount of arrows and a maximum amount of points achievable with each arrow, this game does infact have a somewhat easily achievable maximum score.
Submarines: 30 shots with a maximum of 3 points per shot. Max score is 90.
Please post your thoughts, comments, questions and requests below.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:52:56 PM by DoomBringerDANTE »

Offline oobla37

Re: The Arcade Request Thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:16:59 AM »
NONONONO! sexybunnies must stay.  parrot

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:16:59 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 05:11:17 AM »
Please add I wanna be the guy.

:D
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 09:11:32 AM »
NONONONO! sexybunnies must stay.  parrot
Face it oobla, Bunnies is as valid of a game as babyshute.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »

It would be a scoreless game tho...
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 11:06:59 AM »

It would be a scoreless game tho...

So? It's not like any of you namby pamby baby men are going to get past the apples.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 12:43:49 PM »
Request to sticky. So that this will be the place for the cool kids to request to play all the new old arcade games. -_-
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 01:00:18 PM »
I want all "The Last Stand" games on here! :<
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 02:26:24 AM »
We need a button mashing game (Score based on how many times you pressed the button in maybe 7 or 10 seconds)

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »
We need a button mashing game (Score based on how many times you pressed the button in maybe 7 or 10 seconds)
I have a feeling people would just write scripts to do it for them.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 02:31:35 AM »
I have a feeling people would just write scripts to do it for them.
Poo. thats not very fun >:I

Offline Fullmetal Megadave

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 02:32:13 AM »
Pandemic 2 if the score system can be adapted.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 03:34:20 AM »
It would have a max score tho...
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »
I suggest a bullet dodger, maybe similar to Frantic 3

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/609811

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 05:29:52 PM »
How about just regular Tetris? All the tetris games we have have some kind of annoying enemy that destroy blocks.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 05:29:52 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal