Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Games with isssues in arcade (remove from award tracking?)  (Read 7852 times)

Offline Christovski

Games with isssues in arcade (remove from award tracking?)
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »
In the interest of fairness, I believe some of the games in the arcade should be exempt from awards/longest champions stats, etc.  I'm not saying the games should be removed, OR that people should lose their scores, but simply that if we are going to award people and have stats for best players, it should be fair, and not based on a broken system.

Babyshute - timed game where there is a maximum achievable score.  The problem is, each time the game is played, the maximum score is different.  Our current champion has a score of 364, whereas after I played a few times and each time getting as many points as I possibly could, only got 256.  I'm sure some will say I'm whining over being unable to beat it, but it just seems less of a game and more of a "get lucky" simulator.
Penguin hit the lottery getting his score, it just happened he got the one in a million time that the game had 364 available points.

Military snow - it appears that there is a maximum possible score, and as soon as someone reaches that score, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone else to become champion of that game.  Corey got 745, then later so did me, Old Crow, and pwn3d, so I'm pretty sure 745 is the max score and no one will ever be able to beat Corey who got it first, therefore his highscore will be the longest champion forever because the game only allows a score of up to 745.

Xmas Boarding - because this was only available for one month, Discord who had the last high score will never be defeated by anyone because no one can play the game to beat him, another game where the longest champion is because of the game, not because of actual competition. 
No one can beat that score until December 2013.

Funkypong - I discovered that if you push the go button just right and leave the mouse alone, it will perpetually bounce the ball until you move the mouse again, I walked away for hours came back and stopped it at exactly 5000.  That isn't a game, that is a "see how long you can leave your computer alone" simulator.  I also believe (but have no proof other than common sense) that this is the way oobla krolin and doctor got their scores as well.
 Again, because of the way the game is coded, it is possible to exploit it.

Avoider is not necessarily totally broken, just figured I should mention that sometimes all 3 shapes get stuck in the walls for a while so you get a lot of points for free because there is nothing to dodge.  It doesn't happen all that consistently but I have seen it happen.

There are a number of games that don;t have any instructions and it would be nice to have something on the page to tell you what to do, also some games like Triathlon when you click instructions, nothing happens.  So there are some other minor issues. 

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Games with isssues in arcade (remove from award tracking?)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »
 Militarysnow - No idea if their is a max but looks like their is. You can bounce off the snow if you do it right.
Either way it's exempt from being part of awards.

Xmas Boarding, Babyshute, and Funkypong are also exempt from getting awards.

I'm leaving avoider because while it can glitch at times still poses a good threat and need of skill.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:27:46 PM »

Offline Dante

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »
Funkypong - I discovered that if you push the go button just right and leave the mouse alone, it will perpetually bounce the ball until you move the mouse again, I walked away for hours came back and stopped it at exactly 5000.  That isn't a game, that is a "see how long you can leave your computer alone" simulator.  I also believe (but have no proof other than common sense) that this is the way oobla krolin and doctor got their scores as well.
 Again, because of the way the game is coded, it is possible to exploit it.
DAMN YOU, I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID IT LEGIT!!! *RAGE*
Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 07:34:32 PM »
Yeah as I said avoider is only sometimes broke and it eventually comes unstuck, sometimes it works perfectly the whole time.

Also, one thing I have been having issues with (sorta on this topic but a bit off) is there any way to get these flash games to "hold" the mouse?  I have lost a few games due to my mouse clicking on the forum outside the game box, and I have played flash games on other websites where when you click the game it will hold the mouse in the square of the flash game so that does not happen

Or maybe have it pause when you accidentally click outside like here?
http://www.wubwub.eu/demake.php

Not sure if any of this is possible because it may be stuff coded into the flash game itself, not the website with the game on it.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:35:12 PM »
Heres some i think should be removed

Discoracer:  Similar to Babyshute, it has a random maximum score as the types of objects that appear are random, and some appear right under cars.

Dolphindash: Has a "Perfect" score (not sure if it is POSSIBLE to get) but there are 2 random bonuses in the game that give a random amount of points, these bonuses also pretty much make up 50% of your score, so again, highscore is completely luck based.

Dotops: I'm not sure if it is just me because Chris's score was beat, but at one point in the game, so many people spawn that the game itself starts lagging and slowing down. Plus people literally spawn right on top of you so it's more click and hope the game doesn't hate you. It's debatable though.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »
DAMN YOU, I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID IT LEGIT!!! *RAGE*

Yeah I was VERY skeptical when you had 29, then the NEXT high score was 369!  I thought that someone had to be finding a way to cheat, and it was possible to cheat it so I wanted to post this to show that there were things that could be exploited in the arcade that should be fixed if possible.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »
Plus people literally spawn right on top of you so it's more click and hope the game doesn't hate you. It's debatable though.

That is how I eventually died with my high score, a zombie thing just spawned on me so I lost.  Its possible to beat but the game is a bit eh.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
Or maybe have it pause when you accidentally click outside like here?
http://www.wubwub.eu/demake.php
Not sure if any of this is possible because it may be stuff coded into the flash game itself, not the website with the game on it.
Yeah, pretty sure that has to be coded into the game it self. I'll look into it though.

Discoracer, Dolphindash, Dotops

Removed Discoracer.
I'd have to look at Dotops again, since I haven't had this issue.

And as for my favourite all time arcade game.... Dolphindash...

Yeah I understand Dolphindash is a little bit max/random luck based.
So I'll probably remove that from rewards too, unless I make a dolphin award.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 07:45:20 PM »
Dolphindash IS pretty fucking awesome.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 07:46:12 PM »
Dolphindash IS pretty fucking awesome.
this XD

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:03 AM »
Heres some more

Ghost2000: Seeing that you're the champion, you've probably noticed that the ghosts go from managable speed at lvl 2 to Ludicrous Speed at lvl 3. That is just rediculous.

Sexy Bunnies (1 and 2): The first game just seems to be "Mash this button for the longer than anyone else to win!" While the second is just "Mash the No button and hope you get lucky." There is literally no way to beat the current highscores without just mashing the No button and hoping that you don't get a lot of Yes's.

Castle Defender: While no one has achieved a perfect score yet, since there are a limited amount of arrows and a maximum amount of points achievable with each arrow, this game does infact have a somewhat easily achievable maximum score.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 01:12:37 AM »

Xmas Boarding - because this was only available for one month, Discord who had the last high score will never be defeated by anyone because no one can play the game to beat him, another game where the longest champion is because of the game, not because of actual competition. 
No one can beat that score until December 2013.

I for one am completely okay with being Perma champion of this game.
Nobody beat my score before it was removed at the end of the Holiday season, I obviously earned this complete and utterly insane victory.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 01:17:56 AM »
Submarines: 30 shots with a maximum of 3 points per shot. Max score is 90.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 02:13:17 AM »
Heres some more

Ghost2000: Seeing that you're the champion, you've probably noticed that the ghosts go from managable speed at lvl 2 to Ludicrous Speed at lvl 3. That is just rediculous.

Sexy Bunnies (1 and 2): The first game just seems to be "Mash this button for the longer than anyone else to win!" While the second is just "Mash the No button and hope you get lucky." There is literally no way to beat the current highscores without just mashing the No button and hoping that you don't get a lot of Yes's.

Castle Defender: While no one has achieved a perfect score yet, since there are a limited amount of arrows and a maximum amount of points achievable with each arrow, this game does infact have a somewhat easily achievable maximum score.
Ghost2000, yeah I know. I'll remove it from longest held championship ability, as much as it pains me. You guys are killing me now.

Sexy Bunnies 2 Is timed and you lose points for doing it wrong. It poses a challenge but again has some max score and randomness to it. So Removed from the appropriate Award Trees obviously.

Sexy Bunnies 1 yeah 100% correct. Removed from appropriate award trees.

Castle Defender: True, however I feel until someone at least gets close to it theirs no reason to exempt it.
But you can give me ur thoughts and input on that

Submarines: 30 shots with a maximum of 3 points per shot. Max score is 90.
True, but once again no one is even close to that yet.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
 Vlax, the game is one of the games you can cheat in by just dropping into a hole and running forward, I believe that's how Snade has his impossibly high score in it.

It's a shitty game to begin with, it actually has worse hit boxes than Garry's Mod.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal