Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Battlefield 3 server  (Read 2973 times)

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

Battlefield 3 server
« on: January 04, 2013, 12:08:07 AM »
A battle field 3 server would be great, plus , since the premium packs are getting more popular with the players, more and more pc gamers are pouring in.

Starting a bf3 server would be a good way to bring more and more members into the community.

Some fun aspects of playing bf3 :
-A lot of team work.
-Fps, wich is the kind of game that most of our members like to play.
-The servers won't be empty , because we would be already filling them with players of our own and new ones coming in.
-We can start on a small slot server (15 players) , see how things work, and if players do come, then we can offer a bigger number of slots.
-Battle field 3 is a great game, no need for too much admins.
-It really is simple to rent a server and it doesn't cost that much.
-You can adjust the server however you like.
-You can have auto admin, that basically kicks players who have broken the rules several times.
-Setting up a server on pc is very simple :  http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/rent-a-server
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Tyber

Re: Battlefield 3 server
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »
problem I see is that almost no CG member have BF3.

but besides that, it would be pretty cool.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:13:19 AM »
Lack of playerbase within CG, and not only to mention, we've already hit capacity for servers at this moment.

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 12:19:16 AM »
Oh man please please please. Id love a BF3 server. I finally got to the PC side of things and ive been playing a shit ton of bf3. Spell and I cant be the only ones  Meme8

Offline Scottitot

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »
Every one that plays BF3 say I PLAY BF3

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:36:53 AM »
I play bf3! We should force players to buy it , buy it , buy it!

But like Kwaurtz said, our capacity for new servers is already hit.

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:51 AM »

But we are getting rid of the zombie master server right? So we would just replace that with BF3.

I PLAY BF3

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 12:46:40 AM »

But we are getting rid of the zombie master server right? So we would just replace that with BF3.

I PLAY BF3

It doesn't really work that way, especially if you had read how Inject explained it. An empty server sitting there generating no traffic eats up hardly any space, its just sitting there taking up harddrive space. Thats not the issue with the serverbox. The issue is that we have a Super Popular TTT server, four very popular Hidden servers, and a Natural Selection 2 server which is ALWAYS full. Zps and the Tf2 servers also contribute population, but they fluctuate so much its hard to say how much really.

Even then, thats not how you throw up Battlefield 3 servers. There is no Do it yourself hosting of the servers, you can rent from dice and their approved companies, thats it.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 12:47:45 AM »

I PLAY BF3

That looks promising, but all we need right now are players, lots of 'em! Or, if we can't get players from our community, then we'll need to attract players from the bf3 community, I can help out with that, and maybe even tendovvi, since he has alot of followers on youtube.

update : Oh well I guess it won't work then ...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:49:59 AM by (QC) Spell Bound »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
Lack of playerbase within CG, and not only to mention, we've already hit capacity for servers at this moment.
What people forget and what the french canadian can't read. EA does not allow for players to host their own servers. You may only rent them from authorized locations. IE gameservers.com. We would never be able to host a BF3 server on our own box.

Sorry this can only happen if rented and I doubt if that would happen. EA pisses me off to much to give a shit about any of their stupid shenanigans.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 11:47:47 AM »
What people forget and what the french canadian can't read. EA does not allow for players to host their own servers. You may only rent them from authorized locations. IE gameservers.com. We would never be able to host a BF3 server on our own box.

Sorry this can only happen if rented and I doubt if that would happen. EA pisses me off to much to give a shit about any of their stupid shenanigans.

FUCK EA's Monopoly. Game servers should be hosted by anyone who is willing and able.
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 02:38:40 PM »
Oh god, please no. It would be such a giant waste of money, we would have to rent a server, pay more than it would cost to host our own and put up with BF3 being a horrible and broken game.
I need a new sig...

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
To repeat:
EA does NOT allow independent hosting of BF3 servers.  You DO have to go through one of their providers, and PAY x3, or more, than any typical server hosting would be.  In addition, you CANNOT have any server specific qualities, or unique maps, or game play not SPECIFICALLY approved by EA.

So, then, what is the point?

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
To repeat:
EA does NOT allow independent hosting of BF3 servers.  You DO have to go through one of their providers, and PAY x3, or more, than any typical server hosting would be.  In addition, you CANNOT have any server specific qualities, or unique maps, or game play not SPECIFICALLY approved by EA.

So, then, what is the point?
Exactly. I have no respect for EA. Until they start showing some respect for their communites and start releasing qulity products again I'll refuse to buy their trash.

"but ea is a publis..." oh shut up, if your telling me pressured dead lines mean nothing to developers and don't effect the end game or the fact EA pushes games to be made they way they want for maximum selling then your wrong.

EA is just flat-out a terrible company.

www.originsucks.com
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal