Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Black Ops 2 a waste of money?  (Read 11845 times)

Offline Shikaru

Re: Black Ops 2 a waste of money?
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2012, 12:21:08 AM »
went from being prestige 7 on MW3 to playing Black Ops 2 and it was amazing, I love the feel of black ops and the new perk system, ive only had it for 4 days and im rank 30 in the league matchs and ive prestiged almost twice

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2012, 12:30:15 AM »
hit rank 8 in gold league today :P was happy

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2012, 12:30:15 AM »

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2012, 07:05:47 PM »
Ya'll get owned if you come on bf3 .
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 08:35:35 PM »
Sigh, they are two different gameplay styles, there's no use even vaguely trying to compare them. They only share the military theme and first person shooter aspect in common.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »
Sigh, they are two different gameplay styles, there's no use even vaguely trying to compare them. They only share the military theme and first person shooter aspect in common.

Different styles or not, I think Bf3 is way better.

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »

Your opinion, but as Dark said they are two extremely different games, sure they both have pewpew and boom buttons, but the gameplay is very different, Bf3 is more open and tactical (And is open to ranged fighting) while CoD is more like an arcadey, kill to win kind of game - there's not a lot of skill involved, and sometimes that's the kind of game you need to play once in a while.

In any case I love both franchises, and they're both hecka fun (But if I play too much of either It makes me want to dropkick the producers in the throat.)
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 02:30:10 PM »

Your opinion, but as Dark said they are two extremely different games, sure they both have pewpew and boom buttons, but the gameplay is very different, Bf3 is more open and tactical (And is open to ranged fighting) while CoD is more like an arcadey, kill to win kind of game - there's not a lot of skill involved, and sometimes that's the kind of game you need to play once in a while.

In any case I love both franchises, and they're both hecka fun (But if I play too much of either It makes me want to dropkick the producers in the throat.)

How is there no skill involved?? Sure it is much easier to pick up but have you seen some of the good players, they are nuts how good they really are, so I beg to differ that there is no skill.

Also I would consider CoD more tactical (small firefights, very fast paced, limited objectives) while BF3 is more strategic if you want to win a game (much bigger maps, objectives are much more important then killing people)
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 02:41:14 PM »
How about we put all the Babie shooters away and pick up a wheel game

Serious Sam
Now that's a game that requires pure skill

You have to train yourself to never let go of the trigger or stop moving.

And for all you Call of Duty fanboys it even has a kill Counter in the story mode
That's right, you can brag about you 700/0 kill death ratio.

And for you Battlefield three fans, I know you love your planes and cars. But, how about a Fire breathing Dinosaur and a Chicken mech.

That's right This can be yours if you just put down the Babie game and pick up a wheel gun.

Just don't shoot the wockets.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 03:50:59 PM »
I like the adrenaline wich bf3 proccures me, it's so intense, team work is nice and you never get bored because theres always something to do.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »
I like the adrenaline wich bf3 proccures me, it's so intense, team work is nice and you never get bored because theres always something to do.

Teamwork? Does it have teamwork cause Bad Company 2 sure as hell didn't (and CoD never has)

Only game I have seen teamwork was TF2, cause its required.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 04:38:22 PM »

Teamwork? Does it have teamwork cause Bad Company 2 sure as hell didn't (and CoD never has)

Once again, I bring up Serious Sam.
Do you know how many more things you can kill when you have 4 people shooting at them instead of 1?

A lot

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 06:38:38 PM »

How is there no skill involved?? Sure it is much easier to pick up but have you seen some of the good players, they are nuts how good they really are, so I beg to differ that there is no skill.

Also I would consider CoD more tactical (small firefights, very fast paced, limited objectives) while BF3 is more strategic if you want to win a game (much bigger maps, objectives are much more important then killing people)

Aha, pardon my poor wording x)

For the average game of CoD, you don't really have to THINK about the game - at least from my perspective, and skill (Which there is, again, poor wording) comes naturally to the player.

Again, bad wording, I was aiming for strategic for BF3.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »

Tell me, when you're in a heli and you are with your friend, isn't that team work, tanks? Jet buddies, c4 buddies, tactics, sniper buddies, using your team to win a flag, BF3 is full of team work.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »

Tell me, when you're in a heli and you are with your friend, isn't that team work, tanks? Jet buddies, c4 buddies, tactics, sniper buddies, using your team to win a flag, BF3 is full of team work.

No I'm talking about actual teamwork like talking to people on the server to cover you or heal you or stuff like that, not just 1 friend working with you. More then half the time I see transport helo's leaving without people on board and tanks running full tilt to the front line just to run over a land mine, or bypass the current objective to get spawn kills.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »

Aha, pardon my poor wording x)

For the average game of CoD, you don't really have to THINK about the game - at least from my perspective, and skill (Which there is, again, poor wording) comes naturally to the player.

Again, bad wording, I was aiming for strategic for BF3.

I'll agree with you partially here (I have not played Battlefield three) If I were asked to legitimately  describe Call of Duty nine as a "Game" the first thing I would say is "Mindless", the second word would be "Stahp"

Call of Duty require very little thinking on the players part. A no, camping in one spot and watching a door for an hour waiting for a kill is not "strategic" or "Skill testing" in fact, Automatic doors use the same technique when waiting for a person to enter their domicile.

The only time you'll find "Teamwork" or "Strategy" in Call of Duty (one - nine) is when you're playing with your friends. The rest of the time it's a rather large Fluster Cluck of people climbing over each other in a desperate bid to get that "Super 1337 rolfocopter" that also doesn't require any skill to operate.

In my honest opinion, if they put some harsher penalties in the game and removed that horrible "Kill streak" system, which I believe is the main source of "Kill whoring" it would raise team work and easily improve the game.

But as it is, Call of Duty 9 and 3/4 lacks any elements of Team play and any shred of Skill requirement that might have been had, was tossed aside when people learned, that if they ignore everyone else and don't help the team, they can get enough kills to fly a helicopter and look good.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal