Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Modern day music  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Boxman

Modern day music
« on: October 31, 2012, 08:56:45 PM »
This is why I hate music now-a-days.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLmAnzi_52k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLmAnzi_52k</a>

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

SkiesAhoy

Re: Modern day music
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:13:35 PM »

Said every hipster teenager with a pseudo-fetish for Nirvana and Queen, arguing that music is dead blah blah rage on.

buxmin pls y u do dis

PS: I agree with some of the songs here...but really.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 10:13:35 PM »

Offline Boxman

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:50:10 PM »

Said every hipster teenager with a pseudo-fetish for Nirvana and Queen, arguing that music is dead blah blah rage on.

buxmin pls y u do dis

PS: I agree with some of the songs here...but really.
I'm into almost everything. Never been too set on one thing, though I still think most rap is trash.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »
Watch out this guy is 2edgy calling women sluts and hating on popular things!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »
I'm not sure why he felt the need to make this video, but he basically chose some random songs he doesn't like and failed to make up reasons to justify it, some rather illogical. I don't necessarily like a lot of these songs, the person just pisses me off with his reasoning.

Since when could you not say la in a song? Go turn on some caravan palace and tell me gibberish makes a song bad.

He says a song sucks cause the singer is a pussy. Weren't we talking about the song?

Also apparently sampling songs makes them bad.

There is nothing wrong with repeating lyrics either.  Daft punk is a perfect example, two words for you: Robot Rock.

Saying shit officially makes you a wannabe badass. It is funny, that was the seventh word in the video spoken. That actually explains a lot.

Also boxman, you can find fantastic modern music. You just obviously aren't looking in the right places.  50 years ago I am sure there was still music you wouldn't like, so quit trying to blame the time period on a handful of songs.

EDIT: I come off really mad in this post. Take it with a pinch of salt.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:10:29 AM by Blackllama »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 02:45:30 AM »
I finally watched the video and now I understand everybodies rage; while I agree most of the shit played on the radio is annoying this guy just annoys the fuck out of me buy raging about the most random things and oh my god I wanted to hit him.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline jabberjawz

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 03:55:31 AM »
Man...I really don't like that type of music.  I am a huge Pink Floyd fan and I don't see how people like listening to that stuff.

Offline Scottitot

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:47 AM »
I don't think he knows that their are other opinions than his lol.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 05:23:08 AM »
fack i just typed up a huge essay on how culture and society changes and shit but i accidentally closed the page.

Anyways, to put it short it's fads mang.

hay...

Offline Boxman

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »
Also boxman, you can find fantastic modern music. You just obviously aren't looking in the right places.  50 years ago I am sure there was still music you wouldn't like, so quit trying to blame the time period on a handful of songs.
Just to clarify, he's been making those videos for a LONG time. Giving really biased and shitty opinions on today's music for a long time lol.

Also, I can almost guarantee you that I wouldn't like music from 50 years ago either.  Frankly, all of this music is music on the top-charts. Meaning the popular, more so top songs. He's bashing on people because the music is popular for no reason. I'll be quite honest, if you can't be mature about it, don't post at all. I do enjoy a lot of music, some new some old. I honestly suspected you to be more mature and relax/take a joke. Also, you don't JUST come off as a little mad, but just as Acorn posted that dippy guy being retarded and how I thoroughly disliked it, you dislike a video where someone is bashing on an artists music. Or maybe I just read into a little bit too much.

It's simply his opinion, and it's also mine. Although I don't entirely agree as to why the music is garbage, I do agree that modern rap/hip hop/R&B is trash.

Also, just so you know, this is my general favorite type of music. This, and System of a Down. If you don't like System of a Down, you're an angel that deserves to die.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPT6-8q-3h4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPT6-8q-3h4</a>
#Invalid YouTube Link#
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:15:01 PM by Boxman »

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »
I was being immature about it? I posted my opinion. Didn't flame anyone, used examples of how things could be used to make good songs, etc. It just offended me you are blaming it on modern music, considering I like modern music. Main point was that modern music can be good.

I'll be quite honest, if you can't be mature about it, don't post at all. I do enjoy a lot of music, some new some old. I honestly suspected you to be more mature and relax/take a joke.
You can't call someone immature because you disagree with him. What was the immature part?

A lot of the things he said that makes bad music also can make good music. He didn't actually 'bash' it, just said a bunch of angry things that are supposed to be why the songs are bad.

Also, I don't see how this is a joke, you posted the video agreeing with it right?

EDIT: for clarification, changed some crap.

Also pillz, I agree.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:07:19 PM by Blackllama »

Offline Boxman

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »
I was being immature about it? I posted my opinion. Didn't flame anyone, used examples of how things could be used to make good songs, etc. It just offended me you are blaming it on modern music, considering I like modern music. Main point was that modern music can be good.

You can't call someone immature because you disagree with him. What was the immature part?

A lot of the things he said that makes bad music also can make good music. He didn't actually 'bash' it, just said a bunch of angry things that are supposed to be why the songs are bad.

Also, I don't see how this is a joke, you posted the video agreeing with it right?
I was referring to this entire thread, not just you in the "if you can't be mature about it, don't post". However, I do stand by saying you need to relax. Quite a bit. You're seemingly frustrated or upset about this thread as a whole or with me, I don't know.

If you hadn't noticed, this was more or less ONLY popular AND specific to one genre. I can post several references in the last 3 months of music I enjoy. Now, you're ALSO assuming I was agreeing with it in a manner that wasn't meant to be sarcastic. I think the guy is funny, and I don't like HALF the music he listed, but I did like other songs.  People have opinions and it just so happens that mine is that some of today's music by artists that are "popular" are just repetitive and boring. Granted, I don't ENTIRELY agree with his view. I'm just saying. This wasn't a debate thread, nor was it meant to be. Also, he was flaming a certain type of music. Bashing is quite easily the appropriate word for it. He picked out flaws in songs and nitpicked at them to an obnoxious point.

Towards the "Didn't flame anyone, used examples of how things could be used to make good songs, etc. It just offended me you are blaming it on modern music, considering I like modern music."

You kind of just stated that I offended you, but you clearly retaliated against the post with: 50 years ago I am sure there was still music you wouldn't like, so quit trying to blame the time period on a handful of songs.

I don't remember the last time I listened to something from the 90's but I guarantee you that most of the music wasn't good either but you shouldn't get offended so easily just because someone dislikes certain music. I don't think I'd get pissy if someone told me that System of a Down was shit, or if someone legitimately thought Screamo was good and I disagreed.

We aren't going to start drama... not this time.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:36:10 PM by Boxman »

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal