Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VIMP New TeamSpeak Rule In Place!!  (Read 10675 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Re: VIMP New Ventrilo Rule In Place!!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 12:46:07 AM »
I understand the concern for not being allowed to record, but I think the rules should be more lenient about what can be recorded.

I agree with ANY rule violation, but only with malicious intent. If it is someone just joking around, who gives a shit really.
No, I'm not talking about sexist or racist remarks.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 03:49:02 AM »
ok my last epic tear felt moving post about CG and its roots and how this community came to be and how it ties into this topic got fucked (FUCK YOU LAPTOP).

Anyways basic points (to the point cause im tired)

1. I agree with the rule because yes recording really can cause all those problems Inject listed and even more.

2.  That punishment is WAYYYYYYYY to harsh.  CG wide ban is meant for those that
Hack
Place CG or members in danger
sex scandals (falls into above rule and yes you horny adminsleadersmembersplayers we know about it)
This punishment was for those that really wanted to fuck with CG

Rules can't be made with random punishments, they be marginal to the threat to CG.

recording on vent = cg wide ban
someone ddosed a few communities and tarnished our good name = cg wide ban

I removed everything else in this post because I didn't see the part where it excludes the breaking of major cg rules

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 03:49:02 AM »

Offline Dante

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 04:13:10 AM »
Ok since now were not allowed to record in vent im assuming now we cant record videos in, TTT, ZM, TF2 .etc, Because people can edit game play videos to make others look worse. /end sarcasm.

I feel this a stupid rule because it basicly says no Mahinima or Youtube postings, without asking 10 people if its ok to record, Which also means i Cant post on youtube my vent recordings and a few lets plays i recorded for league and Doom, unless i can rip the sound right out.

This also seems like this rule is to protect admins from people posting on youtube random derps they say, like when i recorded inject saying he likes old men, and all men equally.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 04:39:03 AM »
Ok since now were not allowed to record in vent im assuming now we cant record videos in, TTT, ZM, TF2 .etc, Because people can edit game play videos to make others look worse. /end sarcasm.

This actually is a good point.  Why can we record in these servers instead of vent?

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 04:43:42 AM »
That's a shame. Didn't know any of our videos held offensive material.
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 04:45:56 AM »
Obviously you guys are being massive trolls or simply ingoreing the fact that your brain keeps saying NO DON'T POST THAT THAT'S STUPID. Because you posted it anyways.

TF2 or Gaming servers are not DEDICATED Voice Communication Chat Platforms and are designed for videos are we have a youtube channel revolving around that. Our gaming servers are completely public. Our ventrilo is open to only CG members even though none cg members occasionally skip inside as well on the rare occasion.

We permote gaming videos as we are a GAMING community. And although you probably could even tell someone in TF2 that their going to be in a CG Video it's not as big a deal if you don't

If however you join ventrilo and want to case a hell hold of drama you can just go fuck right off because I'll have none of it.

It's not up for discussion.

The rule can have slight adjustments but that's all. Obviously you don't understand the seriousness of this.

JOHN This has nothing to do with your videos and they are fine.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 05:22:17 AM »
TF2 or Gaming servers are not DEDICATED Voice Communication Chat Platforms and are designed for videos are we have a youtube channel revolving around that. Our gaming servers are completely public. Our ventrilo is open to only CG members even though none cg members occasionally skip inside as well on the rare occasion.

We permote gaming videos as we are a GAMING community. And although you probably could even tell someone in TF2 that their going to be in a CG Video it's not as big a deal if you don't

If however you join ventrilo and want to case a hell hold of drama you can just go fuck right off because I'll have none of it.

The rule can have slight adjustments but that's all. Obviously you don't understand the seriousness of this.

I don't think anyone is aware that our vent is CG only, I was not aware of that anyway.  I don't understand how it is any more private then our game servers.  It is on our front page, there is no password, anyone can join. What makes it CG only?

Also, the punishment is absurd.  'Major' is opinionated, it can be decided what is major and what is not by the CLs.  If you record something you think is major, and the CL does not, they get to permaban you from everything.  What is major and what is not needs to be defined.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 01:29:27 PM »

I don't think anyone is aware that our vent is CG only, I was not aware of that anyway.  I don't understand how it is any more private then our game servers.  It is on our front page, there is no password, anyone can join. What makes it CG only?

Also, the punishment is absurd.  'Major' is opinionated, it can be decided what is major and what is not by the CLs.  If you record something you think is major, and the CL does not, they get to permaban you from everything.  What is major and what is not needs to be defined.
Perhaps your the only one whos not aware of that. It's a 20 Slot vent. It was made CG members so they can talk much like the forum. We simply do not the the slot limit to allow more then CG members in it. If you think that ventrilo is exactly like a game server then I question why your even using a computer in the first place.

Black you know damn well where this rule is coming from perhaps if it hadn't been started to begin with we wouldn't have this issue. Obviously you would think things that arn't major are. At the very least it would get you banned from ventrilo forever.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »
I wasn't aware that is was CG only.

What does that mean? That only people who have made an account on the forums can use it? Or just whoever can find it? I thought we were supposed to be an OPEN community.

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
I'm not trolling anybody here, Inject.

And yes, you have to be registered on the forum to see the Ventrillo section and IP. It's hidden to guests.

I removed everything else in this post because I didn't see the part where it excludes the breaking of major cg rules
That was referring to how the rule specifies the rules we can record for breaking, and then other "major" rules. Major is bound to be interpreted differently by different people, and this is essentially saying you cannot report vent conversations for the breaking of rules deemed minor by the administration. While rules have different punishment standards, I do not agree that that only some should be upheld before others. Players should be allowed to record conversations to use in the reporting of all rules that are broken, in my opinion.

At this point I'm simply discontent in the fact that the "major" specification is a gray-area, making it more difficult for users to know when they can and cannot record, as well as how it seems to take priority over other rules. It's a rule telling us we can only take measures to report the breakage of certain other rules. By the nature of ventrillo, there is literally no other way to efficiently collect evidence of a broken rule than to record it.

In addition, I disagree with telling people...
When a rule comes up without visible prior discussion, of course players are going to inquire of it. While I realize you/Wholegrain/Cadaver do not want to budge on the rule, which I respect, the community should still be allowed to discuss the grounds of the rule as well as clarifications. You do not personally have to take part in the discussion, if you'd prefer not to. However, if you'd literally like to cease the discussion, then this will be my final post on this thread.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »
I agree with whole. The punishment is too harsh unless its malicious but who really records vent anyway, it seems like it would be boring because half the time its just us in game or just making jokes that we have said a million times over.

I do like that the rule is added however, its better to err on the side of caution and make things clear instead of this being some kind of unwritten rule. If things are black and white I see no problems.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »
This rule is full of fail.

I'd explain why but it wouldn't change it, thus I'll leave it at my first statement.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
I agree with whole. The punishment is too harsh unless its malicious but who really records vent anyway, it seems like it would be boring because half the time its just us in game or just making jokes that we have said a million times over.

I do like that the rule is added however, its better to err on the side of caution and make things clear instead of this being some kind of unwritten rule. If things are black and white I see no problems.
The punishment was modified and is not to harsh. Problem is you can't word it to say IF WITH MALICIOUS intent because the people doing it don't believe their being malicious. It's to warn them to screw off from doing it. Obviously no ones going to make a massive fuss out of if John came in and recorded some stuff for humour however with the rule in place it would be nice if he still informed everyone hes recording which if i recall he usually does.

I'm not trolling anybody here, Inject.

And yes, you have to be registered on the forum to see the Ventrillo section and IP. It's hidden to guests.

That was referring to how the rule specifies the rules we can record for breaking, and then other "major" rules. Major is bound to be interpreted differently by different people, and this is essentially saying you cannot report vent conversations for the breaking of rules deemed minor by the administration. While rules have different punishment standards, I do not agree that that only some should be upheld before others. Players should be allowed to record conversations to use in the reporting of all rules that are broken, in my opinion.

At this point I'm simply discontent in the fact that the "major" specification is a gray-area, making it more difficult for users to know when they can and cannot record, as well as how it seems to take priority over other rules. It's a rule telling us we can only take measures to report the breakage of certain other rules. By the nature of ventrillo, there is literally no other way to efficiently collect evidence of a broken rule than to record it.

In addition, I disagree with telling people...
When a rule comes up without visible prior discussion, of course players are going to inquire of it. While I realize you/Wholegrain/Cadaver do not want to budge on the rule, which I respect, the community should still be allowed to discuss the grounds of the rule as well as clarifications. You do not personally have to take part in the discussion, if you'd prefer not to. However, if you'd literally like to cease the discussion, then this will be my final post on this thread.
I understand how major is a grey area. Which is why unless you here blatant Racism or similar you should just refrain from doing so without telling a CL that you will be doing it.

And I mean if theirs 10 of you in a channel and 1 guys being a dbag if you just privately tell a few of the others in the channel your going to record the guy I'm sure they wont care. But if people are having a conversation and you jump in your channel all silent and not talking so you can secretly record them then no fuck off. That will only cause drama.

And as it's been said ventrilo is more chilled you not bound down as tightly as on the forums. Obviously the major rules still apply but for the most part use common scene.

And yeah I know what you mean, perhaps that was a bit overkill to say I didn't mean it's not up for discussion kind of. The rule can be slightly modified but I'm just saying their is no way this rule will be completely removed under any circumstances.

This rule is full of fail.

I'd explain why but it wouldn't change it, thus I'll leave it at my first statement.

Full of fail? Hardly. It's just misinterpreted and I can't go into detail about certain things without breaking the whole idea of it.
The only thing full of fail is your comment not describing any issues with the rule.

That sir, is full of fail.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »
It's just misinterpreted and I can't go into detail about certain things without breaking the whole idea of it.

What...?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »
real shit

is anyone even for this rule & punishment sentence besides Cadaver and Inject?

we never had any drama from recordings in the past (my personal past of 5 years of running gaming communities, I never had one incident of any drama that came from recording in vent), the sources of drama in this community originate from other sources when they do occur. 

I think we should have a vote and include the members as this is a public relations part of CG (drama and our social upstanding would fall into the category of pr relations although correct me if I am wrong)

CG was started to include the community on things like these

I am sure every old member that was here when CG started can back me up on that and can remember SKG and Sacmo. 

also White this rule was made without me even knowing so please don't lump me in when I had no part in this XD (i am on vacation and was unable to be here for those few days) and I am against parts of it and for parts of it but overall I am displeased with this rule and its current standing.  If the loopholes get worked out and elaborated and the punishment is changed I would not mind.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:47:27 PM by Wholegrain »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 07:45:07 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal