Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: READ Admin Rank and Requirements  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Wholegrain

READ Admin Rank and Requirements
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:37:57 AM »
http://conjointgaming.wikispaces.com/Admin+Rank+and+Requirements

These were the set requirements way back near when CG first started
- These requirements exclude the old Super Admin rank from back in the day since we no longer use it

Also this is a page on our new wiki

we will be doing documentation for the community such as procedures, rules etc..... whatever helps set guidelines for everyone to at least read if they have a question.  Kind of like a FAQ about the community

Anyways I want you all to LOOK at the requirements for every rank and debate here if you agree or disagree.  These requirements have NOT been in effect for a long time since near back when CG first started.  However their is not that much difference between our current standards and these.  The major difference makes it harder to achieve veteran admin status.  The Veteran admin status was always supposed to be a hard to achieve type rank but now many people have it when we thought just the standard was 4 months in cg little admin abuse and being active.  This will not affect veteran admins or any admins in their rank.  You won't get shifted down a rank due to the implementation.  Some have been made very hard to achieve such as community leader for good reasons. 

Anyways I want everyone including community leaders and head admins to take a look (should have gotten a pm btw 5 minutes after this message as well as I think about 1-2 months ago) and tell me what they.

Offline TowerSheep

Re: READ Admin Rank and Requirements
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
TTT admins known they have to prove themselves.

My suggestion: Admins should have to ask about the promotion after they meet the requirement (to prove they want the promotion. If they don't care what rank they are I see no need to promote them. I have several admins who recently asked me and were promoted. This would be like an application but more of a "Look, I meet the requirements."

I don't monitor how long the admins on ttt are there for, but I know who is active and who is not. Some of my trials are almost never on and so they have been trial for a long time. If you don't ask I assume you are content with your rank.

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »
TTT admins known they have to prove themselves.

My suggestion: Admins should have to ask about the promotion after they meet the requirement (to prove they want the promotion. If they don't care what rank they are I see no need to promote them. I have several admins who recently asked me and were promoted. This would be like an application but more of a "Look, I meet the requirements."

I don't monitor how long the admins on ttt are there for, but I know who is active and who is not. Some of my trials are almost never on and so they have been trial for a long time. If you don't ask I assume you are content with your rank.

seems fair we could discuss an overall implementation of this throughout CG possibly if you wanna bring it up or just apply it exclusively to the TTT server.

Also after an admin is added after being accepted from their application the last post and approver of that admin should post a link to the wiki so they understand the terms.  Also going to make another wiki
on what EXACTLY the roles of admin/leadership is (such as vets should help out the trials etc..) would be small but hopefully helpful.

Keep them coming I am surprised not more people are posting here which shows that a good few of you really aren't active despite your bullshit answer "I go on the forums but see nothing I want to post about"

once these go into effect if I hear that excuse I didn't know about it I will rip your balls of regardless of what rank you are XD (if you don't have balls they will be supplied accordingly than ripped off)

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
I'd quote your last post but it takes up too much room, anyway, these reqs seem pretty fair.  But as far as going on the forums goes, if you can't find somewhere you want to post it's not like you can't make a thread, people seem to forget this.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »
I feel if we had the head admins post their admins hours we wouldn't lose track of how long they're around and what the other admins are doing. That way if cadaver wanted to check how active an admin is it wouldn't be too much work finding out.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:16:02 PM »
I want to define the requirements even more

I see trial admins who soon as they get admin never show up on the forums again it seems. 

We have admins applying every day I could go on the server and ask who wants admin and 3 would apply and 1 would probably be fit

I want to make regular admin like 50 posts probably which seems fair if  you ask me rather than leave it at no post count

also define activity as on the server and the forums

veteran admin will be hard to achieve from here on out and will no longer be handed out like candy

also I could prob find a plugin to track all the admins hours during a certain period of time

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »
while gametracker takes 5 or more hours to update sometimes it usually gives a good idea of minutes played and score achieved, it's perfect on zps cause I can see if they were afk if they play four hours but only got three kills.. And then for overall hours in the game steam tells you that, though that could be in any server. Hence why I used to get mad if my admins played on other servers.

I feel trial admins should be changed to "populators". They don't have any powers and they spend one month being watched, as they make sure the servers filled and free of unruly players. Learning the rules for their promotion to admin. Then if they're outstanding at their job and are active on the forums they can get vet.

whether or not ones admin should depend on who they are though. You can get fifty posts, play 20 hours a day and still be a shitty admin. Ultimately it should always be up to the head admins, while other player input adds extra insight n shit.

I like my idea for "populators" because then you're not trusting random people with admin, and we can be more lenient with it. If at the end of their month we think they're ready, they can get admin. If they simply stop playing, then they won't. It's not too much different, and we could still have a trial level rank but just being a "baby" admin that promotes to normal admin with a few more powrrs seems silly..

oh look I can still textwall on my phone.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:37:15 PM »
while gametracker takes 5 or more hours to update sometimes it usually gives a good idea of minutes played and score achieved, it's perfect on zps cause I can see if they were afk if they play four hours but only got three kills.. And then for overall hours in the game steam tells you that, though that could be in any server. Hence why I used to get mad if my admins played on other servers.

I feel trial admins should be changed to "populators". They don't have any powers and they spend one month being watched, as they make sure the servers filled and free of unruly players. Learning the rules for their promotion to admin. Then if they're outstanding at their job and are active on the forums they can get vet.

whether or not ones admin should depend on who they are though. You can get fifty posts, play 20 hours a day and still be a shitty admin. Ultimately it should always be up to the head admins, while other player input adds extra insight n shit.

I like my idea for "populators" because then you're not trusting random people with admin, and we can be more lenient with it. If at the end of their month we think they're ready, they can get admin. If they simply stop playing, then they won't. It's not too much different, and we could still have a trial level rank but just being a "baby" admin that promotes to normal admin with a few more powrrs seems silly..

oh look I can still text wall on my phone.

I use the trail admin as helpers. They are the first line of admins to answer RDM and other complaints. If there is a suspected hacker one of them will sit out and watch. (I usually sit out and watch too and use admin chat to talk to them so they know what to look for). Trial admin is where they learn how to admin. You are a regular when you fully understand what is expected of you.

However, I like the populater idea as an informal rank. It would also show that then intend to stick around and are considering applying for admin. It's an easy way to get noticed.

Tl;dr
TTT Trials learn on the job, they are a great help to the server.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 01:49:58 PM »
http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0
Wholegrain, make sure the requirements listed in the Admin Application Format are added to the list, as some are stricter than the ones you have.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »
I think in terms of the 'veteran admin' title. I mean, I have some of them and not others, I don't have 300+ posts nor when I recieved the title, had I been admin for 4 months, but I am now.

I think post count perhaps should be for trial and regular admins, but perhaps going up to vet admin is pushing it... Personally the head admin in my case asked me to become an admin, and then decided to put me to veteran...

Just saying it should be the head admin who ultimately decides for vets, as they're closest to the person and ultimately know them best (at least in my case)
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
Sammy the problem is we now use Sourcebans for all servers so we need to have similar requirements since they are all in one group. Creating a different vet group for each server is silly.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Pillz

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 04:05:05 PM »
I figured that trial admins have more place in TTT, and that's why I started to say we could keep it, the idea behind the populators is so we don't have trials that disappear and do nothing, perhaps we could just make trial something else, and it's just the learning admin stage, not limited to a month, and the populator thing is for when you first join CG and want to help out. Perhaps something to do while working on their post count? Ya diggg.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 04:14:36 PM »
I think in terms of the 'veteran admin' title. I mean, I have some of them and not others, I don't have 300+ posts nor when I recieved the title, had I been admin for 4 months, but I am now.

I think post count perhaps should be for trial and regular admins, but perhaps going up to vet admin is pushing it... Personally the head admin in my case asked me to become an admin, and then decided to put me to veteran...

Just saying it should be the head admin who ultimately decides for vets, as they're closest to the person and ultimately know them best (at least in my case)

1.  Will NOT affect your current rank
      - CG RARELY demotes you either stay the same rank, move up, or are removed for being terrible
2.  If it were ONLY head admins that decided than don't you think it would quickly turn into a popularity contest.  I know you are Arbys are good friends and go way back to ZP1 and I can respect that.  However
we are trying to establish a generalized standard for all CG admins.

3.  Just because you fit these requirements if they head admin has a legit reason to not promote you he may do so.  If you believe you are being wrongly kept from a position you may seek to talk to a community
leader on the issue.  (Vent is the best place to find us)

4.  80% of the admins have been here for at least 4 months at this point everyone should probably be vet admin by our current standards.

Vet admin is not a right nor is even having admin.  Veteran admin status is supposed to be more responsibility and more relaxed in keeping it that position.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
I figured that trial admins have more place in TTT, and that's why I started to say we could keep it, the idea behind the populators is so we don't have trials that disappear and do nothing, perhaps we could just make trial something else, and it's just the learning admin stage, not limited to a month, and the populator thing is for when you first join CG and want to help out. Perhaps something to do while working on their post count? Ya diggg.

We actually discussed briefly (not sure between which and which leaders but I know we never really reached an answer)  the possibility of removing Trial admin status.
It has been brought up since so I dunno I doubt that is happening or at least any time soon.

Offline ChocolateMoose

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »
Requirements for Trial Admin
2. Must have a post count of 20 or higher

Requirement for Regular Admin
3. No post count needed for this rank

Shouldnt they be flipped?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »

* ShoutBox!