Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Addressing Forum Noobz  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Ozborne

Re: Addressing Forum Noobz
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »
If you were to block the admin app section until a certain post count for example, we'd probably see a large amount of unformatted admin apps in the server's board.  So I don't think that would solve anything unless you can think of other  boards it could be useful for.
I totally agree people would just spam.

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »
I think it's fine the way it is.
If the user is unable to read the rules before posting an admin app we get an early warning that he has a deficiency of sorts. I know a lot of people say the rule is stupid but it isn't. Theirs a reason we require you have post. Why would we want you to be a CG admin if your not going to even support the community?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 04:45:14 PM »
tl;dr.
Don't spam on serious topics. If you didn't read don't post, we don't need to know didn't read the post.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »
Ok, This is what we have done.  We set the rules in an obvious place, by putting them in the Menu at the Top of the forum page. 

I am wondering could we make it a click thru page, so when you enter the forum, you get the rules in your face... But then, would it be a turn off?

Offline Accan

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
Ok, This is what we have done.  We set the rules in an obvious place, by putting them in the Menu at the Top of the forum page. 

I am wondering could we make it a click thru page, so when you enter the forum, you get the rules in your face... But then, would it be a turn off?

Probably. I'd more likely go for things just remaining the way they are. If people will be idiots/post incorrectly, then they won't get their post/ admin app recognized, seems easy as that

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal