Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Admin Inactivity  (Read 8640 times)

Offline Sammy

Re: Admin Inactivity
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 04:46:14 PM »
(Definately my last post) But theres nothing to check! Never is! It's just a waste of my time!!!
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 04:54:15 PM »
If there's honestly nowhere for you to post just log in, check announcements, check admin office for important stuff, and log out.  I'm sure there was at least one thread you could've posted in in the last 2 months.  This isn't the first thread saying admins need to be active on the forum you know.  I guess you missed the last one.  But the way off topic board is a goood place to post, you can talk about whatever.  You also can start threads too.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 04:54:15 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 06:42:13 PM »
(Definately my last post) But theres nothing to check! Never is! It's just a waste of my time!!!

Clearly you're a waste of CG's time then. You started posting in this thread with useful input and then decided to leave the community? Great gameplan.

My ZPS admins may not all post on the forums but they stay updated on the community by checking the forums, I know because they often message me and bring up things I posted on the forums. Not all of them know what to post though, and generally avoid doing so. I could get them to post more if it's an issue, but like the ZM server we feel like outcasts.

Nobody on the forums really plays ZPS except a handful, mostly veterans who play all the time(Krolin, Doc, Kingtrue, Tictac) and same for the other games. Each game has it's own little community, which is one of the biggest flaws of CG imo.

I think it's safe to say, it's easier to like someone you've talked to on the mic or played a game with, than just trying to like them based off their forum posts. Especially when they're as illiterate as some people are..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:50:48 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »

Clearly you're a waste of CG's time then. You started posting in this thread with useful input and then decided to leave the community? Great gameplan.

My ZPS admins may not all post on the forums but they stay updated on the community by checking the forums, I know because they often message me and bring up things I posted on the forums. Not all of them know what to post though, and generally avoid doing so. I could get them to post more if it's an issue, but like the ZM server we feel like outcasts.

Nobody on the forums really plays ZPS except a handful, mostly veterans who play all the time(Krolin, Doc, Kingtrue, Tictac) and same for the other games. Each game has it's own little community, which is one of the biggest flaws of CG imo.

I think it's safe to say, it's easier to like someone you've talked to on the mic or played a game with, than just trying to like them based off their forum posts. Especially when they're as illiterate as some people are..

This. Like many have said being an admin is part community forum, part ingame but you're are being to thick skulled to understand that apparently. So I suggest that if you don't want to do both just leave or next time make an admin away from forum thread. Not that hard.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »
Sigh.

Ok.  Here is the deal Sammy: It is a requirement in keeping your admin.  If you don't want to do a simple check in, say once a week, which won't take 2 minutes to do, then why keep you?
ZM is "different" in some aspects.  So?  TTT is very different, yet, admins there have to check in.  ZPS?  Different, but they have to check in.  TF2? Yep, different.  And they have to check in, too.

Further, the soon to be new forum will have more impact on the day-to-day admin, even with ZM. 

In addition, WE LOOK AT THE ACTIVITY OF THE FORUMS TO GUAGE ISSUES, EVENTS, AND WHETHER OR NOT TO KEEP CERTAIN SERVERS ONLINE. 
Do not want to post here, or even check here, as several of your ZM admin also do not check in?  Congrats, you are negatively impacting the ZM server!

Oh, and simply this: Want the ZM server back up after it crashes? Log in and post in the Shoutbox.   This way more people who CAN restart it, see the server is down...
Gee, another negative impact from NOT using the forums.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 08:33:25 PM »
The Forums and Vent CENTRALIZE the community so yes pillz if you feel like outsiders maybe hop on vent more where we all stay? possibly hop on minecraft with us all and just chill on vent while doing so.
It is the glue that holds this community together.

Also the OFFICIAL requirements to get or keep admin are

-Must be at LEAST 15 years old.

-Must have at LEAST 7.5 hours in the server you are applying for every week. (15 per 2 weeks look on your steam page to see how much you have played)

-MUST HAVE A BARE MINIMUM OF 20 NON-SPAM POSTS ON THE FORUM. We do require our current admins to be active on the forums as well. It lets us know "Hey, I am here, and up to date with you guys". Plus, it's good way to get to know more of the community.  Please do NOT necro posts (post to threads that are "dead," or have not been posted to in the past few weeks.)  Doing so will have consequences, like having your application denied...

so as you see it is a mixture.

Also I removed ALL ADMINS that didn't even go on the forums ONCE not once (say it again) NOT ONE TIME VIEWING THE FORUMS in a 2 month period up until now.  If you don't even bother to at least even read the forums you have no right to be admin. 

Honestly if I see some posts here and there you are fine.  We are not intensely strict on it.

Although Arbys if head admin if you are not meeting the requirements you may get a warning and if it persists get suspended and may re apply at a later time.

CG getting people on the forums to get money from ad revenue?

Holes in your theory

1.  Ad revenue is on WHO clicks it not WHO comes on the forums
2.  We get like $5 a month from ads which pays like what vent? (I still pay $45 out of my pocket a month for our serverbox)
3.  Most members have ad blockers

also CG uses something like $90 a month now for everything so $5 doesn't even really dent our budget.

Also you being lazy and not wanting to go on the forums let me tell you what I am doing for this community tomorrow

I am dedicating an entire day ( COULD BE FUCKING DRUNK AND FUCKING BITCHES OR GETING FUCKING MONEY GRRR XD) to GOING OUT buying ram going to the data center (DON'T HAVE A CAR AND THE TRAIN STOPS A MILE AWAY FROM THE DATACENTER) walk a fucking mile to the dc (datacenter) talk to the staff pull the box WALK ANOTHER MILE BACK TO THE TRAIN go home swap out ram (IF I EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT SCREWDRIVERS) go back take train walk mile put serverbox back walk another mile.

Oh and the train costs like $20 for all trips and I am not getting paid and really could have been doing so much better shit with my time.

ZM and ZPS are mods TF2 and TTT are games

you can do so much more with garrymod and tf2 in terms of gamemodes than ZPS and ZM (more flexible).

Also trying to make it seem like it is a cross community server flame war doesn't really help either.

Honestly I barely even know and I HAVE played on the zm server

FYI if you were active on the forums you would also know sammeh that ALL HEAD ADMINS AND COMMUNITY LEADERS HAVE ACCESS TO RESTART ALL THE SERVERS ON THE MAINBOX.  If you were active you would have realized that at least 10 of us can restart the box if you even knew WHO we were and WHAT we did.
   MOVING ON WITH THE ORIGINAL TOPIC ALL POSTS THAT MAY CONTRIBUTE TO A FLAME WAR WILL BE REMOVED AT THIS POINT WITHOUT OR WITH THE NOTIFICATION OF THAT MEMBER

nothing to see here everything is solved move along discuss inactivty even more

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:38:44 PM by WholeGrain »

Offline Guvnuh

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
BIG YELLOW FONT THAT HURTS MY EYES
So uh, yeah guys heading on the forums is probably a good idea so you can stay up to date and stuff.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »

Why is this even a problem?

It isn't a hard concept, you come onto the forums to know what is going on in the community... it takes like five minutes to check through some of the recent threads. Maybe post something to put your input on an issue you think is important.

AND NOW FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT:

Israel has defined the mass stealing of credit card numbers as terrorism (paraphrasing).

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »
Funny story:

The two communities that say they feel like outsiders are both saying they don't see a reason to post on the fourms. The rest of CG doesn't see ourselves split by server because we all shoot the breeze about a variety of things, some are not even game related. We get to know each other by talking, not forcing people to play games they may not enjoy. I particularly don't care for ZPS or ZM.

tl;dr
You want to feel like a part of the community come to the fourms. You want to be an outcast, don't post.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Accan

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
Yep, i pretty much agree with the last 4 posts. I don't think anything else really needs to be said.
Also yeah, vent + minecraft is pretty good idea, because most people like minecraft anyway

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal