Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: To many!  (Read 4986 times)

Offline Cadaver

Re: To many!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
Meh.

CG is a gaming community. An Open Gaming Community.

AS for LoL - it is a game.  It is a game CG members play.  It is a game which seems to have a need for Ventrilo.
AS Vent is not full, and the LoL people populate the Vent, but do not take up too much of the vent slots, what then is the deal?

Is it a recruitment tool? This is unclear. 

But, hey, as a side note, this is no big deal. 

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
It looks retarded as fuck though, a bunch of gaming channels we actually have servers for among other channels are empty, and the only one I see populated is a LoL channel.
As a community it looks just fail-.-

Another thing is ventrillo seems to be so segregational, we have a million groups of 3 who keep meeting upp and those people almost never talk to any1 else we are so split it is just sad.
Last time we went down this path drama was the only thing we gained, people find some1 they don't like and then drama ensues, basically because we are so far apart.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »

U MAD???

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »
Meh.

AS for LoL - it is a game.  It is a game CG members play.  It is a game which seems to have a need for Ventrilo.
AS Vent is not full, and the LoL people populate the Vent, but do not take up too much of the vent slots, what then is the deal?

im pretty sure cadaver just beat everyone else

Offline Bloody Mion

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 06:06:18 PM »
It looks retarded as fuck though, a bunch of gaming channels we actually have servers for among other channels are empty, and the only one I see populated is a LoL channel.
As a community it looks just fail-.-

Another thing is ventrillo seems to be so segregational, we have a million groups of 3 who keep meeting upp and those people almost never talk to any1 else we are so split it is just sad.
Last time we went down this path drama was the only thing we gained, people find some1 they don't like and then drama ensues, basically because we are so far apart.
no cause all they'll be doing is playing league of legends and taking space.

Thats actually very true. It's better not to make a public vent just for league cause I've already dealt with situations like this for other vents/communities. Itd only be a good idea if all the games we had were mmorpgs/rts's. And plus cg would have to put out more money for more slots because on most of the other vents I have where people play LoL, that's usually all they ever play and theres always at least 15-20 people in there.

These people know what im talking about.

Offline meow

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 10:11:57 PM »
Meh.

I've been playing LoL since October and in vents/communities that have LoL, that's basically the only thing that people play. This won't be a recruitment tool nor will it boost the server population. Here, I'll show you what the other vents look like..

All of them are playing  LoL.. they just don't have seperate match channels.

Those two pictures are only one vent and that's not even scrolled down to the bottom. There are 50 channels for just LoL matches. The other games all the way down at the bottom are hardly ever populated.

Due to seeing all these communities/vents go down.. I honestly don't think CG should even consider "recruiting" people from LoL.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 10:58:03 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 11:01:49 PM »
Well for the majority of the other servers like anything ran off of Source the voice chat works good and people actually talk. Get into a game like Battlefield however and its quieter then a morgue.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 10:39:47 AM »
Wow..
You guys are blowing this out of proportion.

LoL isn't taking over CG, or our ventrilo.
In fact, the majority if not all of the people playing LoL in vent, ARE CG members.
I don't think it matters if we have 3 LoL channels, or 50, because it changes nothing, people don't join us and say, "Oh 3 LoL channels? Maybe that's all they play." Because we don't recruit people from LoL, so it's not a type of gaming that CG doesn't do, and to my understanding, CG didn't have a type of gaming, that was the point in being a gaming community, even if we can't own a part of it, doesn't me we shouldn't have fun playing it.
CG ventrilo is for CG Members it's 20 Slots. I dont want it full of LoL players all the time. If all you play is LoL your not a CG member we don't have LoL servers can't and won't. It's fine with 2 but i don't wanan see a massive surge.

Also i'll join you after you guys stop saying meow sounds like irish.

Well for the majority of the other servers like anything ran off of Source the voice chat works good and people actually talk. Get into a game like Battlefield however and its quieter then a morgue.

What pot do you smoke? I'm just wondering. No offence just curious.
People don't use ventrilo because there game doesn't have voice chat they use it for high qualityish sound and easier communication between friends who are playing the games as well. IE: 90% of people in the server you don't care what there talking about. Just people in ventrilo.

Fail at not understand vents reason :P
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:42:28 AM by Inject OH 4 »
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 12:18:37 PM »
eh well i guess i look at it from the TTT perspective around here where your ability to communicate in game is much more useful then being in vent!
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »
Having mass amounts of people playing a game like LoL, WoW, Runescape or what the fuck ever, that the group doesn't have a server for always seemed dumb to me. It annoys me enough when I enter a room in vent and there are people in a room screaming at each other about the game their playing, something that isn't ours and is essentially "wasting" time that could be spent helping actual other game servers out, so I couldn't imagine adding three vent servers to further deter people from other servers. It reminds me of being a CL/Head, and seeing admins for our servers constantly playing other games.

When CG was just ZPS, ZM, TTT and the such, people didn't bitch about shit like this, they didn't want extra rooms in vent for their new gaming addictions, and where I reside, I wouldn't allow it.

Sure it's fun to play with friends, but to spend so much time, where you need three vent channels? Uhhh, durr. Maybe when every other game NEEDS three vent channels, and people are always filling those games/channels.

Also if you have 20 slots, definitely get rid of them. I assumed you were all at like 100 slots by now, but if not, and vent is actually filling up due to LoL, then yeah..
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »
Well, Pillz, I think if you want to run BOSS that way, feel free.  :)

The Ventrilo Server is a service provided to our members.  Since the LoL people (most of whom ARE CG members) are not taking up too much of the server, and are not causing issues, then what is the problem exactly?

I would rather have players in specific channels for specific games, so they cannot be interrupted by those not playing. 

And so they do not annoy others there to chat (should we ban chat, since it is not even game related?) or others there playing other games.

In addition, all our server games HAVE the ability to team chat.  So, per your argument, they should not be allowed in Vent, but use the server chat.

And that is an odd perspective on Admins.  So, you hate it when your admins go play games they are not admin of?  How do you think we find the next games CG will provide servers for?

Admittedly, LoL has a (most likely short lived) CG following right now. It is not out of hand, it does not prevent others from joining vent, there is no need to put additional vent servers, or additional spaces in the present server. It simply does not impact enough to even warrant this discussion.

It is a non-issue. 

U MAD???

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
can inject just make a league of legends one and league of legends two channel that way it would be fine people would stop getting mad and so forth since the max weve ever had playing LoL at the same time was when 10 cg members decided to play a match and no this isnt ruining the servers or community its just a fun lil break from the usual screaming from ttt or any other cg server

Offline meow

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »
Just keep the channels the way they are just don't make anymore for LoL cause next thing you know.. Randoms are gonna come in and just use our vent for LoL

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 09:32:35 PM »
When we use up all 20 slots ever than we will re address this problem

until than yes it is way out of proportion until we start using up our slots

we use about 10 average so I am not worried

for now we will not be doing anything about this because it is not a problem

(pm me if you would like this to be unlocked)

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 12:09:05 AM »
unlocked for 24 hours just want see more opinions on this.

Also you say it's a nice break from the yelling in TTT? LOL The irony... and the pun.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 12:09:05 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal