Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Locking and Moving Suggestion  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Pillz

Locking and Moving Suggestion
« on: July 06, 2011, 04:50:14 AM »
Just an idea on that topic. How about instead of locking or moving a thread on your own, CL's, first you message or talk to the thread starter, asking them if they could please lock their thread or have it moved, and explain why. The said person could then argue why they may or may not want to lock it or move it, or if they agree to lock it like they probably should, they have their own chance to lock it, explaining why they are doing so to the community, or even debate it first, or get the thread back on track. Same thing for moving. If it takes more than a day or two for the OP to respond to a message about a lock or move then perhaps we could then do it anyway, with the possible chance of moving it back if it's an issue I suppose.

Some threads could be excluded, for example, applications and the such.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Jorgen

Re: Locking and Moving Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »
When the poster first starts answearing and/or agreeing it is often to late, meaning there is a assload of bad comments and stuff a moderator needs to either 1 fix or 2 delete. Locking a thread prematurely is a safety precaution in many cases.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »
When the poster first starts answearing and/or agreeing it is often to late, meaning there is a assload of bad comments and stuff a moderator needs to either 1 fix or 2 delete. Locking a thread prematurely is a safety precaution in many cases.

If it gets THAT serious, then sure, but in most cases they really don't need to lock it, or move it. If someone is being extremely racist or starts a "Jorgen sucks cock" thread, sure that'll get locked, but you get what I mean. Like in the Sandbellie thread case, Monkeymacs comment could of been deleted, sandbellie could of been addressed, she herself could of locked the thread and we'd all be semi-happy.

Also I still think OP should be allowed to delete or at least "hide?" posts in their threads. By hide, and this is hypothetical, but some way to temporarily remove a comment, while it sits in stasis, waiting to be judged by a mod, seeing whether it gets to stay deleted, or return to it's place.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Yarou

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 03:09:11 AM »

If it gets THAT serious, then sure, but in most cases they really don't need to lock it, or move it. If someone is being extremely racist or starts a "Jorgen sucks cock" thread, sure that'll get locked, but you get what I mean. Like in the Sandbellie thread case, Monkeymacs comment could of been deleted, sandbellie could of been addressed, she herself could of locked the thread and we'd all be semi-happy.

Also I still think OP should be allowed to delete or at least "hide?" posts in their threads. By hide, and this is hypothetical, but some way to temporarily remove a comment, while it sits in stasis, waiting to be judged by a mod, seeing whether it gets to stay deleted, or return to it's place.

That or lets say a CL sees its getting alittle out of hand, they probably could set up a lock poll seeing what the community thinks of it, turning it into the publics opinion.
fast talking admin

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »
I partly agree. The OP should have a saying, to a certain extent, with what happens to his or her thread. IF the issue can be solved without much mod/admin involvement, then awesome. Everybody happy.

However, as Jorgen stated, a premature lock is the only course of action, at times.

"Also I still think OP should be allowed to delete or at least "hide?" posts in their threads. By hide, and this is hypothetical, but some way to temporarily remove a comment, while it sits in stasis, waiting to be judged by a mod, seeing whether it gets to stay deleted, or return to it's place. "

Deleting. This would be too chaotic. If trouble arises, we would have no way of controlling the flow of "evidence" and it would end up being a mess. The hide function you mentioned, however, sounds like a good idea. You know how in Youtube or Facebook, you are able to "hide" a comment, so that its still there and whoever wants to view it can, but it will not display for you? If we could implement something like that, it would most helpful.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal