Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Input on Forum Rules and Consequences  (Read 4962 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Input on Forum Rules and Consequences
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
So if we leave CG in rage, you retort by banning us?

I DONT WANT TO BE HERE EVER AGAIN. /LEAVES

FINE. /BAN

It's like we ensure they actually don't come back. Why is it a problem to begin with?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 04:46:11 PM »
Well Pillz, it is what I call, for full openness, the Ellie Rule.    She raged, and quit.  I then banned her.  People complained. So, I unbanned her.  She then proceeds to grief, be abusive, and threaten to have her friends hack attack CG. I then banned her again.

So.  To prevent drama, and keep the person from acting even more foolish, I put that in.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 04:46:11 PM »

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
MISUSE OF PRIVATE MESSAGING Using the private messaging service to grief, abuse, or personal attack will not be tolerated.  In addition, using the service to advertise, in any manner, is prohibited.  Consequences are these: Same as Personal Attack, or same as Advertising Spam.

NOTE: I am adding this as I have reports of several people using pm to bypass the "No Personal Attacks" Rule.

IMHO, if you do this, you do not deserve to be a part of CG.  If you do this, be comforted in the fact Cadaver will be actively campaigning for your full removal from CG. 

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 05:08:16 AM »
Also I think it goes with out saying be Respectful to everyone. Don't troll CG members. We can all have our fun and shit but come on were not children be kind to one another. Thanks.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »
^ agree

It's ridiculous how many vendettas people have against each other here. Someone always hates someone else.
Also, some respect for the people who help out around here as well...

Offline Pillz

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
^ agree

It's ridiculous how many vendettas people have against each other here. Someone always hates someone else.

Respect doesn't exist in CG. IMO. Or at least it doesn't feel like it. It did in SKG though, maybe because I was a trial/reg/head back then and actually respected my higher authorities, and disrespect got you the banhammer.  Now it just seems like a free-for-all for the trolls.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 02:18:19 PM »
Also I think it goes with out saying be Respectful to everyone. Don't troll CG members. We can all have our fun and shit but come on were not children be kind to one another. Thanks.

Agreed.  But, there is not a way to easily put that in the rules... Though people should do this on the net in general, and here specifically...

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 02:19:58 PM »
^ agree

Respect doesn't exist in CG. IMO. Or at least it doesn't feel like it. It did in SKG though, maybe because I was a trial/reg/head back then and actually respected my higher authorities, and disrespect got you the banhammer.  Now it just seems like a free-for-all for the trolls.

Pillz, why do you think I am establishing these rules?   So I can ban hammer appropriately, and minimize the trolls...

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »
Most of it happens in servers or very cleverly hidden in certain posts most of the time. Striking down hard and fast on slight offenses can prove to fix this problem but would lead to distaste by members of the community likely. (although not as much since Sir Kwaurtz is no longer here to whine)

Also, 4000th post mark :C

Offline Pillz

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
^ agree

Pillz, why do you think I am establishing these rules?   So I can ban hammer appropriately, and minimize the trolls...

I think we tried rules like that when CG started, it was neat at first, then people just forgot about the rules as new people came in, and nobody gave a fuck. Idk. IMO when there's an "Abusive" leader in charge people quiver in their boots a bit more and listen, when the leader is more care-free, the community is.

So go for it I guess. People are going to stay the same probably, just work around the rules. Like me! We'd have to set up clear anti-antagonizing rules and whanot, etc.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 02:27:59 PM »
Dark, that is why I wanted input from the whole community,  as I am not one to smack people down with the rules and banhammer.  I want to remove the majority of the violations without becoming a forum (for lack of better term, Tennisballesser) nazi.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 02:30:50 PM »
Let's just turn into CvG. If you say my dog looks stupid we'll permaban you from everything ever.

Offline Bjork

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 02:37:26 PM »
Will the person who got "Targeted" have any say on the ban etc. Because sometimes "in" humour can be seen as offensive or mean but really its just a long running joke for example.
(=CG=) Bjork! : Its an old cat aswell so its gonna look like a war vet
(=CG=) Bjork! : It also has a beard
Maurice Moss   : How old is it?
Maurice Moss   : Wait a BEARD?

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »
Hmm.  No Pillz, I am actually trying to make sure that does not happen.  Nor pay $10 and get your ban lifted...

Bjork, that is a valid point. Problem is, although the two who are "joking" around know it, many of those will not, and assume its, "ok" to personal attack.   

Yes, I will use common sense and tact in all manner of forum moderating.  That is what I can do.

Ok, 24 hours from now, and the thread is locked, and the final will be announced.  24 hours after announced, full enforcement will occur.

Offline Blood

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »
is it me or does every known person that rage quits or gets banned threaten to hack or DDOS us...

if they seriously get mad for doing something wrong and getting punished for it then they're acting like 5 year old brats

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal