Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kacey  (Read 13918 times)

Offline Tictactoe360

Re: Kacey
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2013, 06:23:06 PM »
One thing to consider: why would I I come back and go through all of this trouble just to get back on and minge again and permanently rebanned? That'd be pointless.
THIS.

Same reason you came back on and minged after you were banned and warned several times.
You don't learn, that's something you've already proven with your past actions.

That once again I'll repeat, show you don't deserve another chance.

So let me repeat
That's not the point.
The point is, you already had your chance, several chances actually.
And guess what? Everytime you were given a chance, you continued to RDM and Team Kill.

You're past actions show that you don't deserve a second chance.
You've insulted community members, harassed the admin who banned you and even sent disgusting and horrendous shock images.

To put it simply nobody wants to give you a second chance because you don't deserve one.

It's not about how easy it is to reban you
It's about how you don't deserve to be unbanned to begin with.

Your past actions were beyond disgusting and from what I've seen almost nobody wants to give you a second chance, you burned far too many bridges kid.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »
    ANYBODY sees any minging, and we type out a a 4 word command. I don't see what he would want to prove to us through an unban that would last 30 seconds at most. Regardless, I have stuck by this in the past, permanent is permanent.
      We have not proved that at all. We say it, but don't mean it. We pick and choose, as a community, which is good, but permanent is obviously not permanent. We have a willing and (arguably) good community member currently who can attest to that. (His name starts with a K, and I heard he cooks delicious food.)
     We should stop with the double standards. They mean nothing. I have said this before many times, either we get an inbetween ban, (month bans) and stick with perma is perma, or we change the phrase to "permanent isn't always permanent." The double standard must stop.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2013, 10:22:54 PM »

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2013, 10:28:26 PM »
    ANYBODY sees any minging, and we type out a a 4 word command. I don't see what he would want to prove to us through an unban that would last 30 seconds at most. Regardless, I have stuck by this in the past, permanent is permanent.
      We have not proved that at all. We say it, but don't mean it. We pick and choose, as a community, which is good, but permanent is obviously not permanent. We have a willing and (arguably) good community member currently who can attest to that. (His name starts with a K, and I heard he cooks delicious food.)
     We should stop with the double standards. They mean nothing. I have said this before many times, either we get an inbetween ban, (month bans) and stick with perma is perma, or we change the phrase to "permanent isn't always permanent." The double standard must stop.

I know we're not supposed to post about "Permanent is Permanent" but there should be exceptions, if someone makes 1 mistake that results in a perma ban and they come back and apologize give them a second chance.

But that's not the case.
Kacey here got permabanned after several warning and smaller bans and instead of accepting his ban and apologizing.

He raged and then sent the admin who banned him an image of a mutilated dick.
This kid burned every single possible bridge he had, he's undeserving of an unban.

I believe there is no double standards as the cause of the permaban is the variable that can lead to an unban.

A person who gets made does something stupid in a round and blows up 7 innocents and gets permabanned

Isn't in the same group as the kid who constantly rdms and then harasses the admin who banned him afterwards.

Edit I do agree with you though that we need more ban types a 1 - 3 month ban option would be nice for harder cases, but I'd say this definitely falls into a permaban category
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:31:45 PM by Tictactoe360 »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »
All fair points, except for the fact that we have our good friend kwuartz. He was permabanned under less than harmonious circumstances than kacey, and he's still here. Permanent is not always permanent. Whether Kacey should be banned or unbanned, I'm leaning towards against, but after this, we need a thread where we finally lay to rest whether permanent is permanent, because this is a mess.

I'm starting to lean towards kacey staying gone, as well.
EDIT- and by stating that we need a thread, I mean any that will solve the issue that comes up, is permanent, permanent. Month-3 months is as good a solution as any.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:34:53 PM by oobla37 »

By kwuartz

Offline crovv

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »
I believe there is no double standards as the cause of the permaban is the variable that can lead to an unban.

A person who gets made does something stupid in a round and blows up 7 innocents and gets permabanned

Isn't in the same group as the kid who constantly rdms and then harasses the admin who banned him afterwards.

Edit I do agree with you though that we need more ban types a 1 - 3 month ban option would be nice for harder cases, but I'd say this definitely falls into a permaban category

after this, we need a thread where we finally lay to rest whether permanent is permanent, because this is a mess.

We do need a thread talking about this. Maybe a 1-3 month, even 6 month ban? As Kacey is saying, a lot can change in 6 months. Unfortunately for him, I don't believe this applies in this case because of all the burned bridges and less-than-stellar performance in this thread.

Offline kaelthex

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2013, 11:43:37 PM »
it has been a long time and if he does do it again then its a perma i mean everyone deserves second chances.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »
Its pretty clear that we may need to add some more ban lengths.

At any rate, I still see no change, so my response is the same.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »
it has been a long time and if he does do it again then its a perma i mean everyone deserves second chances.

He's already had his second chance, and third and possibly fourth
Why give more chances to somebody who's wasted all the previous ones while shouting the same things he is now "I changed" "I don't do this anymore" he said that last time, and the time before and every time he was lying.

Offline Leninade

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »
Its pretty clear that we may need to add some more ban lengths.

At any rate, I still see no change, so my response is the same.
Given the fact that he has bans from june to now on other servers, I'd say it's pretty clear indication that there's no reason to let him back in. He obviously won't bring anything positive to the community, and has shown that all he does is cause issues not only on CG servers, but on other servers as well.

Clearly not someone we need here.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2013, 11:57:57 PM »

He's already had his second chance, and third and possibly fourth
Why give more chances to somebody who's wasted all the previous ones while shouting the same things he is now "I changed" "I don't do this anymore" he said that last time, and the time before and every time he was lying.

Agreed.

By kwuartz

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 01:05:50 AM »
LETS KEEP BEATING THE DEAD HORSE GUYS!!! 6 MORE PAGES!

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2013, 01:31:14 AM »
I think all perspectives have been laid out on the table. If someone has something new to bring to the discussion, by all means do, but let's avoid redundant posts.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2013, 08:14:19 AM »
I'll support an unban for Kacey. I've been banned before (Minecraft) from a community for doing stupid shit. There is a feeling of regret toward what you do to get banned from a community. Especially as our TTT server is far superior to others in terms of regulation, players, and the exclusion of "trails" and "hats"

6 Months I think is enough to change a person.

Best of luck with your future.

-Unknown.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »
Okay, a few things to mention here. A permanent ban is permanent unless appealed, which is why it is called such. Without a successful appeal the ban stays, which is the same with all ban lengths. To call it something else would be pointless. Also, when I said earlier to not +/-1 ban appeals I meant it, I don't want to see that shit on TTT appeals. It doesn't mean anything except that the person supports or doesn't support the appeal which could be for a number of reason which can should be stated anyways, if relevant.

This, however, is not a successful appeal. You were banned for doing something that you knew you weren't supposed to do and therefore, should not be unbanned. I'm not going to ask one of my admins to act as some sort of parole officer either, they didn't sign up for that and it would just be an excess to all of the bullshit they already have to deal with. Finally, to compare this to Kwaurtz ban appeal is ridiculous. Kwaurtz was banned under totally different circumstances and for a somewhat unjust reason.

Ban appeal denied, thread locked.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal