Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [ZM] empty DDOSing  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Futeko

[ZM] empty DDOSing
« on: July 20, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »
Your name in-game: Futeko

Offender's name in-game: empty (though he took the name of other players when re-joining)

Date/Time of the offence: 20/07/2014 - around 14:00 CET

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:85325873

Server: Zombie Master (ZM)

Any administrators on the server?: Futeko

What was the problem/offense?: DDOsing - making the server crash as soon as he joins

Proof:
I can't record cases of DDOSing, but there are witnesses (Issac Clarke, RedDeath); it's actually Isaac that notified me of the issue. That guy was actually joining all the servers with players on and making them crash, one by one.
I'm guessing you can find the proofs in the logs of the server.

Other comments:
I could not catch him in time - the first time I noticed the behaviour, the second time (after the server restarted) I could not get to the ban command in time before the server crashed.
The last thing he did before leaving us alone was speedhacking on another server, as reported by Isaac Clarke.
I'd classify this ban request as urgent, because that guy can come back anytime and ruin all the servers again.

Thanks in advance for considering this request!

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: [ZM] empty DDOSing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 11:27:24 AM »
It was more likely he was using an old source engine exploit to crash them rather then ddos regardless I've now banned him.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: [ZM] empty DDOSing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 11:27:24 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal