Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [ZM] Shiro Senshi & Adolf Hitler - Racist Music  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Ozborne

[ZM] Shiro Senshi & Adolf Hitler - Racist Music
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:59:26 PM »
Your name in-game: Ozborne

Offender's name in-game: Adolf Hitler - Shiro Senshi

Date/Time of the offence:3/27/2014 - 4:30-5:00

SteamID:
# 98 "Shiro Senshi" STEAM_0:0:40631940 44:38 113 0 active

# 113 "Adolf Hitler" STEAM_0:0:22903302 18:52 149 0 active

Server: ttt, hidden, etc Hidden

Any administrators on the server?: Nope

What was the problem/offense?: Both of them began playing music, which I was fine with for 10-20 minutes, then I began actually hearing the lyrics and most of them stated N*GER multiple times and at one point in one of the demos they had played a song that revolved around slaves.

• Proof:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/annoyance3.dem - Shiro begins playing on of the 100 songs he plays, not sure if this one was the racist one, but it seems to be they are a team of trolls.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/annoyance.dem - Adolf is playing his music for awhile, then after me warning the person in game to stop antagonizing him to continue.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/racistsong.dem - Shiro begins playing songs about slavery, and the song states the N word every other line, this is very disrespectful.

• Other comments: I know this would just be a mute, but I guess it could also fall into the area of racism.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:01:56 PM by Ozborne »

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

There ain't nothing I can't do.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Offline Shiro Senshi

Re: [ZM] Shiro Senshi & Adolf Hitler - Racist Music
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
Hey. Aforementioned Shiro here. Just wanted to clear things up since it was announced I was being reported.

If your going to try to get me banned, don't make stuff up, or at least pay attention. A quick look at the videos obviously shows I wasn't playing anything racist. Yes I was playing music. It get's boring and some tunes add some excitement. I even stated how to mute me for those that didn't appreciate it. I can't say anything for Hitler though, and no, we are not a "team of trolls".

I do see that the blatant griefing that was going on throughout the rounds was completely ignored, though, even if it was briefly seen in the last video (Where that thing turns into a death trap because there's ammo boxes stuck under it that killed me and Ozborne. Those were being put there by a few people nearly every round.). I think you need to get your priorities straight.

In any case, just wanted to set that straight. Bye.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »

Offline Ozborne

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:23:27 PM »
How about you listen to the link titled "racistsongs", you will realize it is extremely racist..

"I've been around the world twice, talked to everyone once. I've been to three world fairs. I am a hard bodied, hairy-chested, rootin, tootin, shootin, parachutin, demolition double cap crimping Frogman.

No sky too high, no sea too rough, no Muff to tough. I've learned a lot of lessons in my life. Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet. I drive all kinds of trucks. 2x's, 4x's, 6x's even those big trucks that bend and go TSSHHTT TSSHHTT when you step on the brakes.

I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT/SEAL Diver. If your feeling froggy than you better jump because this Frogman has been there, done that and is going back for more."

Offline Shiro Senshi

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
I did listen to it. I even actually looked at the name of the person playing the song.

Offline Futeko

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 08:40:34 AM »
I've played quite my fair share of rounds with Shiro, and from what I could see he's far from being a troll in any shape or form.

I wasn't there so I can't judge based on objective circumstances, but even if annoying sounds or music were played over the microphone, that's one of the least gameplay-damaging offences there is, greatly downplayed by the fact that players can act upon it themselves (Player List > Mute). Most of the trouble that arises from that comes from the fact some players don't know how to mute another; a simple explanation can then save the day for them (most people playing tunes over the mic will actually spontaneously explain that themselves if someone complains).

Thirdly, was any player actually offended by any of these? I know that the excuse "there isn't anyone else on the highway anyway" does not make speeding any less of an offence, but when it comes to "racism", there's real racism and then there's humour. A player named "Adolf Hitler" playing songs about black slaves sound a lot more like the second that the first to me (now there's good and bad humour, agreed, but humour nonetheless). It doesn't make it any less of an offence, but certainly not a major one. In my opinion, it only becomes a real problem when people are actually offended by the "jokes".

For those reasons, I would oppose any action against Shiro, and if any action is to be taken against that "Adolf" player, I'd certainly be opposed to a ban, as those offences are in my opinion nowhere near something that would warrant such a drastic punishment. 

Offline Ozborne

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 08:54:18 AM »
At the bottom you may see that it says "I know it is a mute", this being said there is no "Report a Player" there is just Ban request so I have no other area to report him..

Offline Live Bait

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »
From the perspective of a player without powers, you were just better off to mute it and not listen.
If it was truly offensive TO YOU, you can always ask them to turn the music off. Anyone else has the right to ask that.

That being said, we DO prefer to keep racism and other bigotry out of our servers.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal