Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ban Appeal.  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Boingloings

Ban Appeal.
« on: February 23, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
Your in game name: Boingloings.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10147892

Who were you banned by: Automated kick.

Why were you banned: TKing an asshat.

What server where you banned from: Hidden

What date and time were you banned: Aprx 11:05 AM 2/23/2014

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/koverchenko/

Basically some kid joined and would shoot and sometimes TK teammates to use as a "Sacrifice" as he put it. After several rounds I got tired of it and TKed him when I could.

Offline Live Bait

Re: Ban Appeal.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:08:11 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have access to the server logs to verify the story.

The ban is for 3 days. Without more evidence, I cannot justify reducing or lifting. In the meantime, keep in mind that the CG servers have an auto-ban. So with no admin, let the asshat TK and do your best to say "No" to forgiving the player. I know sometimes it auto=forgives. Man, that's annoying.

If you can remember his name or next time, type status into your game console and get a SteamID. It really helps us out! :)

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 11:08:11 PM »

Offline Boingloings

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:36:41 AM »
Is there any way to implement the votekick command? I think most of the time that'd solve the "Troll" issue outright. Also is there anywhere I can look up a console log for previous games played? It was mostly over voice but he was typing a lot of crap in chat.

Offline Live Bait

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
We decided against votekick because it was easier to abuse than Anti-TK.
Make sure you have your Console enabled in your Advanced Keyboard options. It keeps a chat log for your client. It's extremely useful in making ban requests. I always checked the status of players (for their SteamIDs) and I would take a screenshot of the multiple TeamKilling and highlight it in paint. It's a little tedious, but it provides without a doubt proof that some asshat is to be banned.
Damage logs are in the server log itself, which only Inject has access to at the moment. He'll be able to verify baiting.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal