Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sqiddwr unban request  (Read 7366 times)

Offline Liam Neeson

Re: Sqiddwr unban request
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 12:57:30 AM »
Gonna say no, you were told before you left that it was RDM. You should have just waited until the next round to leave after you had taken your slay.

"so I swiftly shotgun his face off and ID his body to find he was of course a T. So then I leave the server and come back to find I was banned."

He said he left after he shot him, not that he was told it was RDM. Nobody said he was told that, what are you referring to?

There is no "you should of waited for a slay" because he didn't think he did anything wrong until he was banned.
I was there
So was I. The only "You should come back and take the slay" I got was from Scooby while I was AFK and eating my supper.
The point is people informed you that you had RDMed and you chose to leave anyway. Its always best to wait to leave after making a sketchy kill like that.

Like I said, I misinterpreted them as warnings/a heads up to not do it again, and also like I said, I didn't want to just sit around the game AFK for like 15 minutes because that would be pointless. I would have gladly accepted the slay as soon as I came back had I known what was going on. Besides, I'm not some random asshat who just goes around killing people for absolutely no reason. I play on this server a lot and people should know me well enough to realize that I just don't do that. All this ban is doing is being a pain in the ass for me. I've already got it in my head that I shouldn't kill for that reason again and I have nothing to gain by RDMing and leaving on my favorite server so what is the point of this ban? Besides I told everyone that I would be right back anyways. Maybe that comment fell upon deaf ears but they could have waited a bit for me to come back so I could then accept my slay, or at the very least gave me a bit more time to respond as they knew I was going to supper.
Whether or not you are slain is up to the person who was RDMed not the admins. The fact is you broke a rule and were  punished for it, whether or not you get unbanned at this point is up to cortez.

Offline forumguy69

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 01:06:11 AM »
Yo what up just skimming through the thread, and ya he killed someone for not picking up his detective weapon which isnt killable. SEVERAL people / admins told him its RDM, then he left for dinner. He plays here enough to know whats happens to RDM / leaves and yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i dont give a fuck if he gets unbanned but i say just uh sit through the ban

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 01:06:11 AM »

Offline Sqiddwr

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 01:10:01 AM »
Yo what up just skimming through the thread, and ya he killed someone for not picking up his detective weapon which isnt killable. SEVERAL people / admins told him its RDM, then he left for dinner. He plays here enough to know whats happens to RDM / leaves and yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i dont give a fuck if he gets unbanned but i say just uh sit through the ban
Dylan I told you guys I was coming back. You could have just waited for me to come back and then slay me then or something. A fucking week ban for trying to clear up a slot for a few minutes is straight up dumb.

Edit: Also it's not that he didn't pick up the detective weapon, it's that he straight up couldn't. I now know that this isn't enough proof to KOS someone but damned if it isn't pretty much a confirmation at the start of a round. At any rate, my original point still stands.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:12:33 AM by Sqiddwr »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 02:40:36 AM »
Okay, what I'm seeing is that you did something that you knew was against the rules. I know you're a regular and you realise what you did wrong and why you shouldn't do it in the future but that's not really a good enough reason to unban. You have to give me something better than that, otherwise I'm sorry but you'll just have to wait it out.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Sqiddwr

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 02:54:29 AM »
I've said multiple times that I didn't know it was against the rules until afterwards. I assumed it was solid proof. Aside from not knowing, what the hell purpose does this ban serve? Is it supposed to make me understand that I shouldn't RDM and leave? Should I just loiter the server next time and take my slay while I'm not even around? What the fuck would that do? This whole situation is beyond stupid and I was seriously hoping you guys would see it that way as well. Just a waste of everyones god damned time. Now you are telling me that because I didn't gather just enough proof to murder some guy, and then I decided not to loiter the server, and I gave everyone a heads up in advance, that I'm gonna be banned for the last week I'm home with my good computer? Holy piss. Squid fucking mad.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 04:24:49 AM »
I've said multiple times that I didn't know it was against the rules until afterwards. I assumed it was solid proof. Aside from not knowing, what the hell purpose does this ban serve? Is it supposed to make me understand that I shouldn't RDM and leave? Should I just loiter the server next time and take my slay while I'm not even around? What the fuck would that do? This whole situation is beyond stupid and I was seriously hoping you guys would see it that way as well. Just a waste of everyones god damned time. Now you are telling me that because I didn't gather just enough proof to murder some guy, and then I decided not to loiter the server, and I gave everyone a heads up in advance, that I'm gonna be banned for the last week I'm home with my good computer? Holy piss. Squid fucking mad.

Hey man, I know it's unfair but there are times where people break the rules and we have to keep you banned to set an example for everyone else. We all know you didn't have ill intentions and we aren't labeling you as a rulebreaker, but if an admin made the same mistake they'd also get a week ban, things have been crazy in CG lately and we've got to start tightening up.

Just consider it water under the bridge and wait your ban out, and we'll be here for you when you return. I know it's upsetting because it's the end of the holiday break but if you want us to be there for you you're going to have to wait this one out.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline crovv

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »
I was going to make a pretty long post about this, but I'll TL;DR it.

Sqiddwr, I've had no real problems with you. You seem like you were going to take the slay had you been told you were going to be slain. That being said, you did leave. So I'm half and half on unbanning you, but would not be against it. You've been banned for a couple days now for making a mistake - fair enough.

The one mistake people make on TTT is leaving when they've made a questionable kill. Just try to stay on the server until the end of the round, especially if you may have RDMed.

Offline caboose74

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »
TBH i fell like 1 rdm and leave should be a 3 day ban and not a weekban

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal