Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sqiddwr unban request  (Read 7369 times)

Offline Sqiddwr

Sqiddwr unban request
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »
Your in game name: Sqiddwr

Steam ID: 0:0:18902947

Who were you banned by: Dylan

Why were you banned: RDM and leave

What server where you banned from: ttt, hidden, etc: TTT

What date and time were you banned: Dec 29, around 5pm Atlantic time

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sqiddwr

Additional comments: Alright so here is how it went down. Game starts and I have to go to supper, but I spawn as detective. I

find some random guy and decide to just give him a frenchy and leave the server for supper, so I drop it for him and before I

leave I notice that he was unable to pick up the frenchy despite clearly trying and saying he was trying. This was at the start of

the game so the only logical explanation is that he was a T who bought a weapon, so I swiftly shotgun his face off and ID his

body to find he was of course a T. So then I leave the server and come back to find I was banned. It should be noted that I'm a

regular on the server and I would have gladly taken a slay as soon as I came back.

Offline oobla37

Re: Sqiddwr unban request
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »
Please wait until the admin who banned you replies.

If it means anything, this guy is from my era of ttt admin, so he's been a server regular for a looooong time.
He's a good guy, and I'm positive it was just an honest mistake, but please be more careful next time, not picking up a frenchy isn't exactly kosable, but I see your logic regardless. Technically it was rdm, but meeeeeh.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
Yeah, when I played years ago there was a whole fiasco about if that's a legitimate or fair way to find out if someone's a T or not.

Symbolz was demonstrating to me how it's a surefire way to figure out if they're a T, and killed 3 innocents before killing a Traitor with that tactic.

So I believe it's against the rules to kill someone for that because it's a bit unfair if the D just throws a frenchy at every player, and it doesn't always mean they're a T.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Sqiddwr

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »
I know it was technically RDM (TECHNICALLY AND NOTHING MORE) but he straight up said he couldn't pick it up and he was really trying, but it was still a hindsight on my part and I will gladly take responsibility for that, it's just that a week ban is kind of seriously over doing it. Also I know Dylan he plays on the server a lot and I have nothing against him, he was just doing his job, and I'm just trying to get this whole mess sorted out so I can go back to playing.

Offline Red

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »
I've played with him several times and I always thought he was a great dude... I think he should be un-banned and warned not to do it again (if this appeal doesn't already suffice as such). This whole thing just seems like it was a bit of a misunderstanding..
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Gonna say no, you were told before you left that it was RDM. You should have just waited until the next round to leave after you had taken your slay.

Offline Sqiddwr

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 11:43:17 PM »
I would've been AFK the entire time. I didn't wanna take up a player slot. Hell I didn't even think I was really gonna get slayed for it at the time.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 11:45:07 PM »
Gonna say no, you were told before you left that it was RDM. You should have just waited until the next round to leave after you had taken your slay.

"so I swiftly shotgun his face off and ID his body to find he was of course a T. So then I leave the server and come back to find I was banned."

He said he left after he shot him, not that he was told it was RDM. Nobody said he was told that, what are you referring to?

There is no "you should of waited for a slay" because he didn't think he did anything wrong until he was banned.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:46:46 PM by Pillz »

Offline Sqiddwr

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 11:47:05 PM »

"so I swiftly shotgun his face off and ID his

body to find he was of course a T. So then I leave the server and come back to find I was banned."

He said he left after he shot him, not that he was told it was RDM. Nobody said he was told that, what are you referring to?

I do recall them saying that it was technically RDM while I was trying to hand off my frenchy.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

body to find he was of course a T. So then I leave the server and come back to find I was banned."

I do recall them saying that it was technically RDM while I was trying to hand off my frenchy.

They were saying what you were doing was RDM before you even did it? Well that's sooper coincidental, idunno anymore then.

Offline Sqiddwr

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 11:51:01 PM »

They were saying what you were doing was RDM before you even did it? Well that's sooper coincidental, idunno anymore then.
No not before, after I did it they told me it was technically RDM. I assumed it was a just a warning/ heads up to not do it again in the future. I wasn't expecting to come back and be banned, let alone banned for a week.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 12:26:22 AM »

"so I swiftly shotgun his face off and ID his body to find he was of course a T. So then I leave the server and come back to find I was banned."

There is no "you should of waited for a slay" because he didn't think he did anything wrong until he was banned.
I was there

Offline Sqiddwr

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 12:28:33 AM »

I was there
So was I. The only "You should come back and take the slay" I got was from Scooby while I was AFK and eating my supper.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 12:38:17 AM »

I was there
So was I. The only "You should come back and take the slay" I got was from Scooby while I was AFK and eating my supper.
The point is people informed you that you had RDMed and you chose to leave anyway. Its always best to wait to leave after making a sketchy kill like that.

Offline Sqiddwr

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »

I was there
The point is people informed you that you had RDMed and you chose to leave anyway. Its always best to wait to leave after making a sketchy kill like that.

Like I said, I misinterpreted them as warnings/a heads up to not do it again, and also like I said, I didn't want to just sit around the game AFK for like 15 minutes because that would be pointless. I would have gladly accepted the slay as soon as I came back had I known what was going on. Besides, I'm not some random asshat who just goes around killing people for absolutely no reason. I play on this server a lot and people should know me well enough to realize that I just don't do that. All this ban is doing is being a pain in the ass for me. I've already got it in my head that I shouldn't kill for that reason again and I have nothing to gain by RDMing and leaving on my favorite server so what is the point of this ban? Besides I told everyone that I would be right back anyways. Maybe that comment fell upon deaf ears but they could have waited a bit for me to come back so I could then accept my slay, or at the very least gave me a bit more time to respond as they knew I was going to supper.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal