Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unbanning Crypto  (Read 34793 times)

Offline Dante

Re: Unbanning Crypto
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 02:14:15 PM »
Yeah I didn't think he was permabanned twice, that does complicate things a bit but I don't really agree with the length of his bans..

The last thread that got him banned was an aprils fools day thread, everyone was being an april fool and trolling. Dante threatened to gut someone if they didnt shut up, other people were telling each other to shut the fuck up, and it was all hardly even funny so Crypto just comes in and fully abuses the context of the thread. He's been banned for 8 months now for something that hardly even warrants a year ban so IF he can continue to be orderly and not do anything like that it isn't even an issue. On the regular he's not disorderly enough to keep banned forever, and as much as we let a lot of CG speak their mind, I think we can handle another single persons opinion.
Do you really think I would hunt down tictac and gut him?
Pillz most of us were farting around on that thread...

-1 He has had plenty of chances.

So if you didn't mean what you said, who's to say that Crypto did? 

You didn't get banned for personal threats but Crypto got banned for what he said.

Just sayin.
I wasn't on watch list nor had I previously been banned. Ontop of that Its kinda fuckin obvious I wasn't serious. Where as he was posting Homophobia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 02:16:21 PM »
From an objective standpoint, how is what you said 'obviously' not serious, but what he said is 100% serious?

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 02:16:21 PM »

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 02:17:59 PM »
homophobia offends more ppl than a personal attack does, I believe he was also on a warning as well.
Phim Bogason

Offline Dante

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »
From an objective standpoint, how is what you said 'obviously' not serious, but what he said is 100% serious?
Because I can't actually kill him nor find him? Not to mention the thread was a joke thread about communism and voting to ban others. His post read like a landover baptist post.

What dino said.

And Dino he was on watch.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 02:30:23 PM »
Well if homophobia is the issue here, there were a number of people who posted in Picture wars using things that called people gay in a negative way, but they didnt get warned or banned for it, does that mean they should be punished since they did the same thing Crypto did and posted something homophobic?

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Dante

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »
Well if homophobia is the issue here, there were a number of people who posted in Picture wars using things that called people gay in a negative way, but they didnt get warned or banned for it, does that mean they should be punished since they did the same thing Crypto did and posted something homophobic?
Were they on watch and had a previous ban record?

Offline Christovski

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »
What I'm saying is they weren't warned or put on watch because of what they did.  So if that's not punishable, why was Crypto's? 

I'm trying to make a point of "Why are rules only being enforced some of the time and not others"

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »
Yeah Chris Crypto was always an egotistical trip on everything ever, got banned twice, we gave him a third chance, told him to play nice and he was on probation (Kwuartz was when he got unbanned as well), and well the rest is history.

I get that he posted that on a joke thread, but despite the sarcasim of it, its still easy to mis-interpet, and considering it came from the "troll god" how do you think its going to be persieved. If it came from Pillz, we would know it was a joke. If it came from Finnie, we would know its spam. It came from the troll god.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 02:44:06 PM »
What I'm saying is they weren't warned or put on watch because of what they did.  So if that's not punishable, why was Crypto's? 

I'm trying to make a point of "Why are rules only being enforced some of the time and not others"
Did you report the posts?

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

Did you report the posts?

Being a former CL, you would laugh at what gets reported. 90% of its nothing.

Again this is Crypto, he was on probation, he had multiple chances.

Dante never got permabanned Chris, he was never on probation. Crypto was, he had his chance, he pushed his luck again, and again, and again, so the rest is history.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 02:59:22 PM »

Still want him unbanned? At least Kwuartz knows he's a dick, this guy thinks he lives in the clouds and we mere mortals should bow down to his intellect. We also suck because spellllingz.

^^^^^^This is blatantly untrue. YOU SPEAK UNTRUTHS AND THEREFORE SLANDER!^^^^^

+1 from me. Stop quoting a fucking joke thread you plebs.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 03:14:49 PM »
I am not quoting any joke thread, Im talking about fairness. The way I see it, if u unban crypto, youll not only be unfair to the rest of any banned person, youll also set a spark for others to start pushing their luck too.
Phim Bogason

Offline Christovski

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »
I reported them, whether or not anyone paid attention I have no clue.

Again, Crypto was P-banned before so he's stuck with the ban, I can't say he should be unbanned because we'd be hypocrites if we did.

I'm just arguing that for some reason only SOME people get punished in CG, when others don't.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 03:23:41 PM »
Kwaurtz used to pull tons of these types of stunts and he got nothing more then a pat on the back and another chance to play in the playground with everyone else. I believe Crypto deserves another chance. We gave CG another chance when we could have let it fuck itself into oblivion... Is this not a new rebirth of CG? or are we holding on to old grudges solely on the basis of "butthurt".

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »

Still want him unbanned? At least Kwuartz knows he's a dick, this guy thinks he lives in the clouds and we mere mortals should bow down to his intellect. We also suck because spellllingz.

^^^^^^This is blatantly untrue. YOU SPEAK UNTRUTHS AND THEREFORE SLANDER!^^^^^

+1 from me. Stop quoting a fucking joke thread you plebs.

I didn't quote it either, I quoted all his other stuff and there is much more. Its just that his jokes would be taken the wrong way because he was a troll. Its kinda like how everybody misinterprets Kwuartz, except Crypto would insult you, your intelligence and your way of life if you posted something back. Kwuartz will laugh at you and tell you to chill out.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal