Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unbanning Crypto  (Read 34771 times)

Offline Pillz

Unbanning Crypto
« on: December 16, 2013, 03:39:29 AM »
Forum Name: Peta/Crypto~

Who were you banned by: Cadaver

Why were you banned: 'Bigotry and Homophobia(?)'

Where were you banned from: Everything, IP Banned from forums

Additional comments:
Crypto's IP banned so he can't make this for himself so he asked me to see if he can at least come back to the forums, and I don't think he was ever genuinely homophobic either. I've seen him behave better than most of us in CG so I don't see why not let him appeal, he's not just a random player, he's been around for a LONG time and I'd like to have him back in CG if he wants to be.

I don't think he really deserved a permaban of any kind, and it's been quite a while. He doesn't really "troll" any worse than Raunky, Kwaurtz or whoever the fuck else has that sense of humour; I for one miss him, and would like to see him on the forums again given he follows the rules.

What does everyone else think? According to Cadaver's appeal thread the CLs/HA's must all agree separately on whether or not he is unbanned, majority vote wins so let's see what happens.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Obviously not Gopib

Re: Unbanning Crypto
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 03:45:30 AM »
Please unban him.
He was funny and I believe that were being a touch to serious here with this type of shit so unbanning him would be a step in the right direction.
From what you can see from his previous posts, its not homophobia or bigotry its just joking around.

Lets give the man a break.
+1 for unban.

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

(=CG=) Mr_Rainbow: Jeff the killer
(=CG=) Mr_Rainbow: Not clicking it
Snoop Doge: Jeff just wants to say nighty night...
(=CG=) Mr_Rainbow: Screeching into my soul is not saying "Nighty Night"
Snoop Doge: Is pretty damn close though
SCREAMER WARNING
Jeff the Killer(Nighty Night)

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 03:45:30 AM »

Offline DBag

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 03:45:58 AM »
I have no personal experience with him. But considering it was just homophobia and bigotry we can look for it if he gets his unban. I say second chance so +1 for unban
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Red

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 03:59:53 AM »
*shrugs* he was banned about a month or so after I joined the forums, something about April fools? I don't recall. I think he was just being a derp too be honest... Sure give him another chance.

+1 to unban.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 04:01:49 AM »
I think an unbanning is fine. He did have his moments but he was never truly bad enough to warrant a permaban.

Offline Raunky

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 04:05:44 AM »
I don't think he really deserved a permaban of any kind, and it's been quite a while. He doesn't really "troll" any worse than Raunky, Kwaurtz or whoever the fuck else has that sense of humour; I for one miss him, and would like to see him on the forums again given he follows the rules.

Implying.

I mean I'm not a CL or HA(at least not anymore), so I guess my vote doesn't really count but I'd be all for him being unbanned.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 05:43:34 AM »
Didn't we already unban him in the past...

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Pyro

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 06:07:36 AM »
Pretty sure he got banned after he said this:

http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=9452.msg124843#msg124843

-1, I don't think unbanning him will bring good to the community.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:13:56 AM by Pyro »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 06:11:14 AM »
Ah yes, that's what I'm thinking of. He's trolled in the past, he'll likely do it again.

A large NO from me.

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 06:31:43 AM »
Hes been permabanned multiple times though Pillz, I had it once. Hes been given multiple do-overs.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 06:39:54 AM »

Yeah I didn't think he was permabanned twice, that does complicate things a bit but I don't really agree with the length of his bans..

The last thread that got him banned was an aprils fools day thread, everyone was being an april fool and trolling. Dante threatened to gut someone if they didnt shut up, other people were telling each other to shut the fuck up, and it was all hardly even funny so Crypto just comes in and fully abuses the context of the thread. He's been banned for 8 months now for something that hardly even warrants a year ban so IF he can continue to be orderly and not do anything like that it isn't even an issue. On the regular he's not disorderly enough to keep banned forever, and as much as we let a lot of CG speak their mind, I think we can handle another single persons opinion.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 06:50:36 AM »

Yeah I didn't think he was permabanned twice, that does complicate things a bit but I don't really agree with the length of his bans..

The last thread that got him banned was an aprils fools day thread, everyone was being an april fool and trolling. Dante threatened to gut someone if they didnt shut up, other people were telling each other to shut the fuck up, and it was all hardly even funny so Crypto just comes in and fully abuses the context of the thread. He's been banned for 8 months now for something that hardly even warrants a year ban so IF he can continue to be orderly and not do anything like that it isn't even an issue. On the regular he's not disorderly enough to keep banned forever, and as much as we let a lot of CG speak their mind, I think we can handle another single persons opinion.

Fine, if you unban Crypto, then we rally under this flag again!

Also, hes been perma-banned THREE times now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:53:37 AM by Kwaurtz »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 07:20:15 AM »
Sorry, but a no from me, he's always been a troll and very confrontational on the forums. Having that now wouldn't be a good thing.

And yeah, he's had multiple bans, both server and forums.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline otterfiend

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 08:02:57 AM »
Crypto has always been a bit of a tricky subject. He does troll, but for the most part it is harmless. I don't know about all of the details of every ban, but his ban for homophobia is unwarranted though, or at least I feel it is. I'm going to pull out my sexuality card here to make a point. As a bisexual male, I found his posts to be humorous. This one in particular was worded as a perfect parody of someone with no grasp of the concept of equal rights.

As for the being confrontational/trolling thing: Kwuartz does that all the time, and clearly he gets away with it. In fact, I believe he told me via teamspeak, that he "gets things done" that way.
I'll bet most of us have been confrontational about issues on the forums at one point or another.

Anywho, that's a +1 from me. He's a fun guy to have in game, and he's harmless.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 08:07:27 AM »
Guess I am to late to say nope.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 08:07:27 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal