Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hello  (Read 4062 times)

Offline crovv

Re: hello
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 10:27:11 PM »
Surely, though, Red, all these bans cannot be true positives?

Offline Leninade

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »
If the server just checks to make sure that the values are set to the proper values, then it's preeeeeeetty hard to get yourself banned, unless you did manage to change them. I, and I'm sure many of the other admins as well, have fiddled around with sv_cheats and the wireframe in demos to check for hacking, and if that hasn't caused us to get insta-banned by the console, I find it hard to believe that someone who's never done anything like that would trigger the ban.

Secondly, if you look at a lot of the bans, you'll notice that unlike when someone gets banned for TKing, or just about anything else, most of them don't even bother to try and reconnect to any of our servers. That in itself seems pretty telling that they knew what they were doing was wrong, and that they need to move to another server that doesn't check those values.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »

Offline Fluffalupagus

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 01:40:05 AM »
No programming is perfect. There's always gonna be error or glitches that crop up randomly for any sort of reason. That being said, this is the first person I've seen actually making an attempt to appeal the ban, and to be honest I've banned enough people for wireframe or hacking that I can believe there being that many more from the console. However, that doesn't mean some of those bans weren't just silly little errors in calculations.

Edit: Missed the part about it being for her friend... Haven't played with her friend before, can't offer any insight on that one my bad!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:24:33 AM by Fluffalupagus »

Offline crovv

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 04:32:25 PM »
Surely, though, Red, all these bans cannot be true positives?
Look at Inject's ban's, he imported around 2000 bans because they were all cheaters
(correct me if i am wrong, but i think all those people banned were cheaters.)

And when i was an admin i would ban at least 1 guy for cheating in a period of 3 days (sometimes even 3  people for cheating in the period of one day!!)

I think all those 251 people were infact cheating, mostly because the plugin is there since december

I had a conversation with Red about this over Steam chat and now I can agree that these bans are most probably cheaters or at least people who have messed with their values.

Offline Leninade

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »
I honestly find it very hard to believe that something like this is going to falsely ban someone unless they were explicitly messing with those values somehow.

In which case, chances are they were either intending on cheating, or were about to "unintentionally" cheat, which is still cheating. If anything, the plugin makes admins jobs a lot easier by catching the morons who use the really out of date hacks.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »
Appeal denied.

While KAC may be a bit outdated, it's a simple plugin that simply looks if your CVar value is different from the server's value.

The CVar violated was mat_wireframe which was set to 2 on his client.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal