Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hello  (Read 4061 times)

Offline LilKitten14

hello
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:25:17 AM »
Who were you banned by:Console

Why were you banned:"Wireframe Hacking"

What server where you banned from: Hidden Server #3

What date and/or time around were you banned:11/28/2013 10:00 P.M. (EST)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5507081

Your in game name: IL DUCE

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971279891

Additional comments: Hello my name is LilKitten14 and today a friend of mine named IL DUCE had got banned on The Hidden Server #3 for "Wireframe Hacking." Now i know him personaly and know that he doesnt hack and want to know were the proof is for his ban please so myself and him can figure out why and not be "upset" about it anymore. I am sorry if i am sounding "bitchy , mean" i just want to know why can someone please inform me about this please and thank you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:53:08 AM by LilKitten14 »

Offline HerpDerpMike

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:28:51 AM »

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:28:51 AM »

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:46:20 AM »
Use proper format and plz tell your friend to represent himself by making an account on CG
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline DBag

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 03:12:55 AM »
Wireframe is an automated detection that happens when something on the client side doesn't match up with the server side. So in essence he had to be hacking otherwise nothing would have happened. I will look into it and see exactly what happened but if the console banned him then its not a mistake.
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline oobla37

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 03:13:27 AM »
Use proper format and plz tell your friend to represent himself by making an account on CG

Not necessary. He filled out information in his friends name properly. We can start the appeal process.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline otterfiend

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 03:43:18 AM »
Wireframe is an automated detection that happens when something on the client side doesn't match up with the server side. So in essence he had to be hacking otherwise nothing would have happened. I will look into it and see exactly what happened but if the console banned him then its not a mistake.
Except that KAC is a really outdated plugin, and could very well be glitching up for some users and banning them on a false positive. Furthermore, if you check in just the past week, there are like 10 bans all for the same reason on separate users via KAC. Unless there was a hacker party going on, I highly doubt all of these bans are through legitimate detection.
My recommendation is to switch to SMAC for the servers, which is more up to date.

Offline Pyro

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:18:40 AM »
Except that KAC is a really outdated plugin, and could very well be glitching up for some users and banning them on a false positive. Furthermore, if you check in just the past week, there are like 10 bans all for the same reason on separate users via KAC. Unless there was a hacker party going on, I highly doubt all of these bans are through legitimate detection.
My recommendation is to switch to SMAC for the servers, which is more up to date.

Yeah we'll have to switch over.
Still, there's no real way of proving that he was or wasn't hacking, KAC looks if the CVar value is different from what it really should be.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 10:34:10 AM »

Still, there's no real way of proving that he was or wasn't hacking, KAC looks if the CVar value is different from what it really should be.

From my understand you guys were having issues with the game not working or being out of date or something of the sort.
Is there any chance this guy could have used an alternative means to fix his game which could have given a false positive?

Offline Pyro

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »

From my understand you guys were having issues with the game not working or being out of date or something of the sort.
Is there any chance this guy could have used an alternative means to fix his game which could have given a false positive?

Probably not, KAC just looks at the clients CVars, like mat_wireframe, and if the value is 1 or 2, then KAC bans them automatically.

And from my limited knowledge of hacks, I think this CVar can only be changed without cheats by injecting the game or using a rigged .DLL.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 11:36:30 AM »
and sv_cheats 1 enabled?

Offline Red

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »
No sv_cheats are set to 0.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline otterfiend

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »
I still think it could be the outdated plugin. It could very well be glitched up.
Look at this ridiculous amount of bans
Seems a little unnatural to me.

Offline crovv

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 07:35:04 PM »
I still think it could be the outdated plugin. It could very well be glitched up.

Same. This is kinda weird.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »

Same. This is kinda weird.

Yeah. Weird how he's the first one to appeal it.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Red

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »
I find it odd that, out of the 251 bans for "KAC: ConVar mat_wireframe violation" there have really only ever been about appeals/complaints about it.... There's a player who I met on a non-CG server.... it must have been at least a month or so ago, who was banned on CG for mat_wireframe violation. It was immediately obvious to me that he was always hacking, he would follow me around the map and kill/shoot me every time I was out of cover. That server did not have the KAC plugin installed so I'm still convinced that, anyone who is banned for it, altered their CVar variables in such a way (heck if I know how) in order to attempt to give a bad response to the server.
I think anyone banned for mat_wireframe/other wall hacks on most sourcemod games are probably in fact cheating...
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal