Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Famous Anus Ban Appeal  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Famous Anus

Famous Anus Ban Appeal
« on: September 11, 2013, 03:47:57 PM »
Who you were banned by: I actually don't know.

Why you were banned: RDM and leave

What server you were banned from: ttt

What date and/or time you were banned: Don't know. It wasn't more than 10 days ago as of 9/11/13, though.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:42748529

Steam Page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045762787

Additional Comments: I wasn't trying to be malicious, for starters. I remember two instances that I may accused of RDMing, but I can explain. The first was when I was standing in a group and someone opened fire on a Detective. Everyone started shooting at him, but if I remember correctly I got the kill. The second was when someone outright said in voice chat that they were a traitor, and again, there was a couple others that started shooting. After the round ended, I had to go because I needed to be up early the next day, so I left the server.

Again, no harm was meant, and I hope my ban can be repealed as CG is my favorite TTT server.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:54:49 PM by Famous Anus »

Offline crovv

Re: Famous Anus Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »
From what I've seen on your ban, it wasn't either of those instances that got you banned. It looks like you left after an argument over an RDM right at the beginning of the round, not over someone saying they were a traitor or killing a detective.

I won't say any names of people involved, as I'm not sure I'm supposed to, so I'll let the admins involved clear it up, but that's my two cents. Neither situation you described sounds like the situation that got you banned.

If the admins responsible for the ban want to jump in and explain, they'd do a better job of telling you why you're banned and if it can be successfully appealed.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »
You were banned for killing Welrgr 18 seconds into the round.

Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Famous Anus

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »
Ah. I know what you're talking about. He was following me into a corner, and I warned him 3 times. He had a chance to stop, but he didn't. Isn't it a rule that after 3 warnings of stop following me you can shoot?

Either way, I didn't mean to leave in the middle. I had grabbed a drink and came back, but I had the pause menu up. I saw the time, but not the chat. It was 45 minutes later than when I had planned to hit the hay, so I left. I sincerely apologize and would like a second chance of sorts.

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 07:29:35 PM »
Ah. I know what you're talking about. He was following me into a corner, and I warned him 3 times. He had a chance to stop, but he didn't. Isn't it a rule that after 3 warnings of stop following me you can shoot?

Either way, I didn't mean to leave in the middle. I had grabbed a drink and came back, but I had the pause menu up. I saw the time, but not the chat. It was 45 minutes later than when I had planned to hit the hay, so I left. I sincerely apologize and would like a second chance of sorts.

Well I wasn't on the server at the time, so I need to here the story from people that were first.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Ashes Relandi

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 07:31:43 PM »
Addressing the rule... They must be actively following. Ex: You are going to a house and he's following you into it constantly and around the house.
If he's just blocking/standing near you in a corner that doesn't count as following.

@ Cortez perhaps elaborate more on the following rule in the MOTD. Cause I'm seeing this happen alot.

Offline Famous Anus

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »
Addressing the rule... They must be actively following. Ex: You are going to a house and he's following you into it constantly and around the house.
If he's just blocking/standing near you in a corner that doesn't count as following.

@ Cortez perhaps elaborate more on the following rule in the MOTD. Cause I'm seeing this happen alot.

If I recall, I warned him once as he was following me, then the latter two were when he trapped me in a corner and wouldn't move. I warned him three times, still, but was unaware that the rule only applied to that.

Offline forumguy69

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 12:14:54 AM »
Hello. I will tell you everything I know / remember. I was in the game with Famous at the time when Wellrgr said he got RDM'd. I looked at the Dlogs and 18 seconds in wellrgr dies. That's odd. Before I could even ask it appears Famous left before the round ended and I could get the Dlogs. I can't remember whether or not you gave him warnings.

Offline Famous Anus

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 12:34:46 AM »
Why did you leave after i tried speaking with you? I looked at the scoreboard, it said you were dead...

I had brought up the pause screen after I got up to get something to drink. When I came back, I realized how late it was and I really had to log. I didn't see chat, so i'm sorry about that :(. Also, I think I left slightly before the round ended. But I did warn him in voice chat 3 times, but he kept following. I made a mistake either way, though.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:36:24 AM by Famous Anus »

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
Hello. I will tell you everything I know / remember. I was in the game with Famous at the time when Wellrgr said he got RDM'd. I looked at the Dlogs and 18 seconds in wellrgr dies. That's odd. Before I could even ask it appears Famous left before the round ended and I could get the Dlogs. I can't remember whether or not you gave him warnings.

Let me just put my own way of looking at the follow rule directly proportional to this 18 seconds into the round craziness.

I would say that adequately warning someone would consist you warning them where at least 5 or more seconds had pasted between each warning I usually count it out and also make markers for people once i get to the last warning I usually go around a corner and say do not follow me around the next corner or you are indeed going to get shot.

So you give the first warning...you wait 5-8 seconds you give the second warning another 5-8 seconds, you fire off a shot or you give another verbal warning another 5-8 seconds passes.

How in the fuck could this have transpired all in the first 18 seconds oft he round...unless of course wellrgr was following him around the entire pre-round making him anxious as fuck.

Still would not bypass the ample following rule since it was PRE ROUND...but seriously how do you go about making the judgement to kill someone 18 seconds into the round?...unless of course he was playing RED CROSS HAIR  balls out mode -_-

I would say you should be a little more lenient on your warnings and the duration between them.

Figure it this way...it is going to take at least a few seconds from the time you either hit a bind or give a verbal warning on voice. It has to travel down to the client. So that could be 3 second delay or more. Then that person has to process that shit...2 seconds. then you gotta wait a bit before ordering him to stop again. This entire process has already taken up about 10 seconds of time.

if it keeps going you are already 30 seconds into the round before you should be firing on them, unless they provoke you by firing on you or pulling a knife that is.

So just live and learn and realize we are in a game that has delay and nothing is instantaneous.

hth,

-Wooley

Added: On top of all of that, if you are too quick to kill for following and do not provide ample warnings you are most likely going to get killed by someone else who was not able to process your warnings quick enough.

That is the game pretty much in its entirety.

The innos have to guess and check every action taken for the entire duration of the round.

While the T's have the upper hand of fucking owning ppl while they are too busy trying to figure our mistakes like Killing another inno for following.

It is really genius and it requires just the right amount of teamwork to get the job done when ppl are per-occupied and yelling at one another -_-

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 07:10:02 PM by IsYn Wooley »
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Famous Anus

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 07:52:34 PM »

Let me just put my own way of looking at the follow rule directly proportional to this 18 seconds into the round craziness.

I would say that adequately warning someone would consist you warning them where at least 5 or more seconds had pasted between each warning I usually count it out and also make markers for people once i get to the last warning I usually go around a corner and say do not follow me around the next corner or you are indeed going to get shot.

So you give the first warning...you wait 5-8 seconds you give the second warning another 5-8 seconds, you fire off a shot or you give another verbal warning another 5-8 seconds passes.

How in the fuck could this have transpired all in the first 18 seconds oft he round...unless of course wellrgr was following him around the entire pre-round making him anxious as fuck.

Still would not bypass the ample following rule since it was PRE ROUND...but seriously how do you go about making the judgement to kill someone 18 seconds into the round?...unless of course he was playing RED CROSS HAIR  balls out mode -_-

I would say you should be a little more lenient on your warnings and the duration between them.

Figure it this way...it is going to take at least a few seconds from the time you either hit a bind or give a verbal warning on voice. It has to travel down to the client. So that could be 3 second delay or more. Then that person has to process that shit...2 seconds. then you gotta wait a bit before ordering him to stop again. This entire process has already taken up about 10 seconds of time.

if it keeps going you are already 30 seconds into the round before you should be firing on them, unless they provoke you by firing on you or pulling a knife that is.

So just live and learn and realize we are in a game that has delay and nothing is instantaneous.

hth,

-Wooley

Added: On top of all of that, if you are too quick to kill for following and do not provide ample warnings you are most likely going to get killed by someone else who was not able to process your warnings quick enough.

That is the game pretty much in its entirety.

The innos have to guess and check every action taken for the entire duration of the round.

While the T's have the upper hand of fucking owning ppl while they are too busy trying to figure our mistakes like Killing another inno for following.

It is really genius and it requires just the right amount of teamwork to get the job done when ppl are per-occupied and yelling at one another -_-

I understand and i'll do better. So, now that that's outta the way....how would I go about getting the ban lifted?

Offline crovv

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 10:42:46 PM »
I understand and i'll do better. So, now that that's outta the way....how would I go about getting the ban lifted?

RDM and Leave is a week ban. Either you sit out your ban, or you see if your ban appeal gets approved. In my opinion, you made a mistake by leaving in the middle of the round after a questionable kill. Not knowing the rule that well and killing so quickly takes away from your case, especially since the logs show Wellrgr trying to find out why you killed him. It's only been 2 days, maybe 3, but one week isn't as bad as a permaban.

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to say just wait out the ban. Even if what you said is true, it's 18 seconds into the round. Take your finger off of the trigger. Ban appeal denied, thread locked.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal