Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bigsister ttt ban appeal  (Read 4464 times)

Offline IsYn Wooley

Re: Bigsister ttt ban appeal
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »
Christmastown isn't even a big map. And even three rounds? I highly doubt that. Not only that, but the ban took place at one AM. Your screenshots indicate that its 9pm in your steam menu. Meaning you just fabricated those screenshots earlier today. Why would you be taking screenshots during your download of the map anyways?
He may not be in the same timezone, in the OP he did say he was banned a bit past 10pm, so that matches up.

However, like it is noted above, if he was connecting to the server it would have banned him with his name as well. Which it didn't, meaning he wasn't connecting to the server.
The name would only be added if he was banned during the "Sending Client Info" section of the connect. DL's come before that so his name would not have shown.

TS,
  TY for the clarification that is why my original question was 2 pronged. Even if the Steam ID was not bound to a username, (And we are still waiting on Nexus here) if you pulled a Status and the user was downloading the map that user will still show up as a pending connection to the server. So Nexus while going up in his console to pull down Big Sisters Steam ID would have noticed, or missed the fact that the steam ID he pulled from a previous status might have matched up with an unknown user that was still pending connection.

I am just trying to look at this from both sides, and from my experience with RDM & Leave when a map change occurs.

I can understand though most of the users by the end of the first round on the next map are like "hey did you ban that guy?" in voice chat. Gets good and old by the 3rd round -_-

Our system is very manual, but it is pretty much all we have, it is not like the system can logically take a !NRslay command and if the user connects on next map load the slay stays, or if that user say the map didn;t change, but he left purposely or immediately after the !nrslay command was given could thrown a ban at said user, but the human element is always better to have, since some people may need adjusted ban durations.

Just saying the task at hand is nothing simple. While on paper and the process is understood, we all have our own internal regulators to abide by. For instance how long you wait after the start of the next map to pass judgement on a user who was under the knife for a punishment and then doesn;t appear to ever show up.

On top of that and I am just being honest here, say this was Nexus who was in Big Sister's position and I was the admin. If I still had not seen nexus after round 3 I might actually open up the friends list and see if he was still online...in game...what game...what server...oh look it says he is on the server...must be downloading map...sends message WTF is taking you you lagging SOB??...

Granted Nexus is on my friends list and the admins cannot be expected to have every user on their list or even be required to be on steam friends while administrating...this last part is just add on to the idea above, the idea that each of us is going to act a different way and make judgments with less or more information of whatever is available at the time of passing judgement.

Some users might deserve the benefit of the doubt, but we need to prove that the statements being made are indeed true. Was BigSister connected and downloading map during the time his ban was being deployed?  We could look at the Game Server or even possibly this forum since the download is hosted here.

Is it really worth that much effort...It might, would it take longer than the ban duration to obtain all of this info...CG time...fuck yeah!

That is why I would have asked nexus if he saw anyone still pending connection in the updated status output before he dropped the ban?
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
So Wooley enlightened me in his last post with the fact that people downloading the map will still appear in the status as "spawning", a fact that I bunch of people probably didn't know such as I.

Mystery solved, I looked at the video and apparently Bigsister was in fact downloading the map after three rounds.

The power of technology has saved us all!

Btw Big you should add me on steam bc when I went to check to see if you were still on Gmod I couldn't since your acct is private.

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »
So Wooley enlightened me in his last post with the fact that people downloading the map will still appear in the status as "spawning", a fact that I bunch of people probably didn't know such as I.

Mystery solved, I looked at the video and apparently Bigsister was in fact downloading the map after three rounds.

Btw Big you should add me on steam bc when I went to check to see if you were still on Gmod I couldn't since your acct is private.

What video?

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »

What video?

I record 95% of everything I do in TTT. Since I banned Bigsister, I saved this particular video in case there was anything in it for a ban appeal. Unless something like this happens I will generally delete recorded videos in order to save space.

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »
Okay, well done guys. Ban appeal approved, thread locked.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal