Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Should We Change the Post Count requirement?

No, Keep the Old Post Count Requirement
Yes, Bump it to 30 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 40 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 50 Posts
Yes, Bump it to 60+ Posts

Author Topic: Admin Post Count Requirement  (Read 14916 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Admin Post Count Requirement
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 02:06:16 AM »
I feel like because we make being an admin more than being an admin; less people are inclined to want to help out.

My point is if they are interested in simply being an admin for the server, let them do so.

Then, as they do good and get to know people, they can start progressing the ranks we have set up. A trial admin who does nothing but play the server they have admin for occasionally and refuses to post much ever will simply not progress to regular admin as fast as others might. Ideally these kind of people won't really get admin to begin with unless it's a server like ZPS who needs people interested in playing it to keep it alive.

What helped get admins on the forum back in SKG was the Banlist thread where you reported anytime you banned a player; which we have no real need for with Sourcebans as a reference for that. We also had a thread trials had to reply to with a link to the rule threads saying they promised they've read them all; and basically every admin had to post on the forum to do their job.

If we did the same thing, every admin would have to use the forum and we get our revenue and they then have an option to be further involved in the forum while they're logged in. They might see a thread on Pokemon, get interested and reply; etc.

TLDR: There are ways to get our admins to post, but not have people to post to get admin. The revolution is coming.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 02:11:24 AM »
I think someone needs to stop reminiscing about a pass system with an entirely different playerbase. Incase you haven't noticed the majority (and by that I mean at least 95%) of admin applications that come in are for TTT. Although there are a lot of good people that play TTT there are also a lot of total fucking morons. Every once in a while we have a person come in and spam posts to try and get admin even though they never would anyways but this is a rare occurrence. Personally I would support raising it to 30+ just for the sake of getting to know that person better but hey, it's fine where it's at now. If we didn't have it all of those morons would be applying.

Also read the literature quoted in my signature.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:13:02 AM by Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!) »
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 02:11:24 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 02:21:10 AM »
I think someone needs to stop reminiscing about a pass system with an entirely different playerbase. Incase you haven't noticed the majority (and by that I mean at least 95%) of admin applications that come in are for TTT. Although there are a lot of good people that play TTT there are also a lot of total fucking morons. Every once in a while we have a person come in and spam posts to try and get admin even though they never would anyways but this is a rare occurrence. Personally I would support raising it to 30+ just for the sake of getting to know that person better but hey, it's fine where it's at now. If we didn't have it all of those morons would be applying.

Also read the literature quoted in my signature.

Would they really flood onto the forums the second we change our rules? I doubt the amount of players interested would increase THAT much, mainly because they're not on our forums to even find out. People either ask admins or other regulars on the server or come to the forum to find out how to become admin and maybe we could even restrict the admin application section to people with less than five or ten posts. Regardless, if more people really do come in that's more forum traffic for Inject and more denial AND approval opportunities from the head admins if they're really that retarded. Though the TTT server isn't in dire need of more and more admins so you could simply say the roster is full; or not if it's someone who really has time and good will to contribute to the community and server.

I also feel like it'd make us feel more like a community, and would make the input of others on admin applications more valuable. Instead of everyone talking about what was in the context of their posts, they're talking about them as a player and admin on a server, which is what should be at the core of every reply on an application that isn't the Head Admins.

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 02:31:16 AM »
Adding a bigger post limit won't change anything, it's the spam rules that have to be changed, newcomers who try to accumulate 20 posts by spamming will still spam if the limit was 60.
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 02:42:37 AM »
Those morons apply regardless of the requirement, it solves nothing.

Anyway, I understand the point of posting is a good thing and we want it to happen, but why is it an admin requirement? If an admin doesn't post they'll be denied. If they do then good for them, they don't need a requirement to tell them that. So what's the point? Why is it an admin requirement?

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 02:45:36 AM »

Anyway, I understand the point of posting is a good thing and we want it to happen, but why is it an admin requirement? If an admin doesn't post they'll be denied. If they do then good for them, they don't need a requirement to tell them that. So what's the point? Why is it an admin requirement?

Because this way they cant say 'I'm active on the servers, and I simply lurk on the forums.' Its a concrete way of saying 'Hey, we know hes on the forums'.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 02:46:26 AM »

Because this way they cant say 'I'm active on the servers, and I simply lurk on the forums.' Its a concrete way of saying 'Hey, we know hes on the forums'.
That's true, but can't we just deny them and tell them they need to post?

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2013, 02:49:04 AM »
Well, this way it protects us from looking like complete unjust dicks. We ask currently for a minimum of 20 constructive posts. And constructive can be something as simple as 'Hey, I see your point, and I disagree because of simple reason inserted here.' We aren't asking for eassays or paragraph's. We just want to see what their mindset is, and how they approach things, which is another aspect to this. It helps us get to know them as a member of the community without being so blunt about it.

Ðeath.

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 04:04:02 AM »
20 LEGITIMATE POSTS ON THE FORUM. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE 20+ POSTS, DO NOT APPLY.

Well, if they don't understand "Legitimate" means "Not Spam"..

Offline Pillz

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 04:28:53 AM »
Well, this way it protects us from looking like complete unjust dicks. We ask currently for a minimum of 20 constructive posts. And constructive can be something as simple as 'Hey, I see your point, and I disagree because of simple reason inserted here.' We aren't asking for eassays or paragraph's. We just want to see what their mindset is, and how they approach things, which is another aspect to this. It helps us get to know them as a member of the community without being so blunt about it.

We wouldn't look like unjust dicks for not having a definite number to the post count rule but I get why people would rather have it lengthier so they can feel like they have more insight on them first; but the whole point of trial admin is a month period where they learn the ropes and posts ban appeals on the forum to get used to it with hardly any admin powers at all. The "IDIOTS" that try to apply will disappear faster instead of lingering around for a while trying to get 20 posts, and we get more forum traffic while the people that are worth being admin will probably know to post around first, say what's up, make an impression and then apply; those who just showed up and nobody knows we can deny no problem.

Again if we changed the rule not many people would really notice; and we'd probably see little change till later down the road when people get interested and we can tell them if they should apply or not. TTT can even say it's roster is full at this point; other servers might need some help though.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 12:57:25 PM »
I really don't see what's wrong with 20 posts. I had over 400 when I applied.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 02:07:56 PM »
Why do we have the 20 post count?  Here is my opinion:

There was a time, when a lot of people wanting admin, would demand it, get it, and do nothing with it. This was frustrating.

So, to prevent those types, we placed certain limits. 

20 posts is not a big hurdle. It does prevent the wanna be admin from applying, and quickly shows the ones who do apply, but not want to put any work into being one.  A simple, effective tool to weed out unwanted admin. 

Pillz's opinion differs.  And, if you have not noticed, the ZPS admin applications do not have to meet this requirement.

Why is it they do not have to meet the requirement?  Simple, the Head Admin, out of respect, and support of their authority, can add, or remove, some of the requirements to apply for admin on their server.  Pillz requested it not be required for ZPS, and it is not.

I respect Pillz, and understand his view.  Just because I do not agree with it, does not mean I do not respect it.

And there is another reason:  Add revenue.  Having a forum is not too expensive. However, if there was a simple way to mitigate the cost, would you?  The need to communicate is obvious, and so is the need to pay for it.   So, when you go on the forum, and create traffic, it creates advertisement revenue used to pay for the forum.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »
It makes me sad when the forums are dead, post count req encourages people to get in here, some would be content to never come to forums and only play game, even though at least 50% of people who try for admin are fail, some may be cool peoples that would be good for our forum community ;D

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »
For admins I do think forum activity should be highly encouraged and if you lack it should be considered a mark against you being admin. However admins should be encouraged to use the forums not for making a microscopic dent in ad revenue or to bring the community together ,but for the role it plays in admins doing their jobs(ban appeals etc). Also the fact that under admin qualifications post count is actually higher than playing on the server you're applying for baffles me.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
Also the fact that under admin qualifications post count is actually higher than playing on the server you're applying for baffles me.

Are you talking about the positioning of the requirement on the list?

I don't think it really matters.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal