Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Admin Inactivity  (Read 8635 times)

Offline Wholegrain

Admin Inactivity
« on: January 09, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
If you were not on the forums for the last 2 months you were removed from admin

you are exempt from this if you made a time away

If it shows you have admin on the forums than you are good if not and would like to know why please pm me.  Mistakes do happen and if you believe your admin being removed was a mistake please PM me.

I will be going through the servers talking to head admins about the removal of these admins as their inactivity is beyond unacceptable.

Offline CamperStrike

Re: Admin Inactivity
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
FINALLY someone is doing something about it. +11111, game on, I luv you 4ever and 5ever, etc.

Oh, and you might wanna do something about ranks on TTT. I was promoted to regular within 1 month and now it's been 6 months that I have been an admin on the server and I'm still regular, same with other people like Arth;  even thought he's an admin since september and is amongst the most active admins on the server, he's still trial. Looks like whoever is in charge of promoting/demoting isn't doing their job.
Cookies go here?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »
FINALLY someone is doing something about it. +11111, game on, I luv you 4ever and 5ever, etc.

Oh, and you might wanna do something about ranks on TTT. I was promoted to regular within 1 month and now it's been 6 months that I have been an admin on the server and I'm still regular, same with other people like Arth;  even thought he's an admin since september and is amongst the most active admins on the server, he's still trial. Looks like whoever is in charge of promoting/demoting isn't doing their job.

Everything Admin related is the HEAD admin's job aka Towersheep talk to him.  It can be hard because TTT has many admins and it can be hard to keep track.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »

Promoting/demoting in CG has always been very strange. Trial admin has always seemed liek a waste of time, and sometimes people forget they're trial or why, and don't find any reason to "promote" them. Idk what makes a player a vet either, I thought the time limit for being a vet was six months, but I'm not sure if everyone's whose played six months exactly deserves it.

Let's get a New CL and have him promote/depromote people and he talks to HA's about it. Or something.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 08:44:56 PM »
Wholegrain doesn't have to worry about me being inactive because I spawn an admin abuse form almost every other week so I'm golden!

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »
... Create a standard amount of time required for the ranks of admin and make a spreadsheet with the names of all active admins, the date they were added and the date that they should be promoted. Suddenly promoting admins is not a problem.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
... Create a standard amount of time required for the ranks of admin and make a spreadsheet with the names of all active admins, the date they were added and the date that they should be promoted. Suddenly promoting admins is not a problem.

It happens that, like WG said, some admins may or may not deserve to be promoted. I don't see any that shouldn't at least in our TTT server, except the inactive ones.
Cookies go here?

Offline Sejo Mino

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »
But i dont wanna be on the forums..... They Make fun of me their.... XP

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »
Quote from: Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!) lin, k=topic=6274.msg81906#msg81906 date=1326149690

^ Close to what I did to remember when to promote my admins. But instead of being fancy like Cor suggested, when an admin was added, I simply put in parenthesis when they should be promoted next to their name on the admin list. This way, even if I had forgotten to promote them, anyone could see and remind me. For me, it really worked. We should try it?

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »

It happens that, like WG said, some admins may or may not deserve to be promoted. I don't see any that shouldn't at least in our TTT server, except the inactive ones.

For admins who don't impress, their time should be suspended until they prove themselves as a good admin. :p

Offline Fullmetal Megadave

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
IF we can set up a time on server per week thing and if an admin doesn't meet that requrement he gets a warning, on the third week of inactivity without an timeaway forum the admin is either demoted or removed. Id say 18 hrs a week would be acceptible.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
I only removed admins based on forum inactivity for the last 2 months

I am going to be working with head admins and cleaning the books of inactive admins on the servers next.

Also when the main cg web page goes up EVERYTHING about EVERYTHINg in CG will be listed including rank requirements rules protocol tutorials etc.....

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
Ok.  If you are an Admin on ANY server, and have had the length of time required to be Vet, and have NOT brought it to the attention of the Head Admin for that server, then why should you be automatically given Vet?
Not pointing out you should be  Vet Admin smacks of not caring. IMHO.

Oh, and if you are not dropping by  the forum and logging in, you might miss important Admin related info, which means you could make mistakes as an Admin. Rare, but it can occur.   In the future, you WILL be missing important info, by not logging into the forum.

Offline Guvnuh

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 09:50:13 PM »
I only removed admins based on forum inactivity for the last 2 months

I am going to be working with head admins and cleaning the books of inactive admins on the servers next.

Also when the main cg web page goes up EVERYTHING about EVERYTHINg in CG will be listed including rank requirements rules protocol tutorials etc.....
Aww yeah clearing out the admins that don't actually do stuff

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 10:22:43 PM »
Ok.  If you are an Admin on ANY server, and have had the length of time required to be Vet, and have NOT brought it to the attention of the Head Admin for that server, then why should you be automatically given Vet?
Not pointing out you should be  Vet Admin smacks of not caring. IMHO.

Oh, and if you are not dropping by  the forum and logging in, you might miss important Admin related info, which means you could make mistakes as an Admin. Rare, but it can occur.   In the future, you WILL be missing important info, by not logging into the forum.

Well, live I've said, it's still a bit confusing how the ranking system works on CG. But that I've already said in my first post. But mostly that when I was promoted, I didn't have to ask Tower (or whoever promoted me, not sure who was) to do so.  And yes, we (at least me and the admins I talked to) do care about the community. I thought we made it pretty clear when we were active on the forums and on the respective servers.

After all, I don't think it's our job to keep bothering Tower whenever we feel like we should be promoted.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:30:09 PM by CamperStrike »
Cookies go here?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 10:22:43 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal