Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Philosophical Question: Is reality what we truely see it to be?  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Reznov

To start, the concept of the matrix fits if you want to use that since it's an ancient concept. Are the things we see truly real or are our thoughts more real than what we actually see. This is the concept of mind before matter or matter before mind so if you want to get into some deep meaning of life conversation please join.

Offline arth987

Re: Philosophical Question: Is reality what we truely see it to be?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:50:20 PM »
SHUT UP.  REALITY IS WHAT IT IS NOTHING DEEPER. NOW LEAVE. AND DONT EVER. EVER. COME BACK.  Meme3
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:56:39 PM by arth987 »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:50:20 PM »

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »
well, im a simple person so unless i see some hard physical evidence, then yeah what i see is MY reality

Offline IrishBandit

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
The real question here is whether there is a difference/we could notice/does it matter.

Offline Reznov

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »
well just think, its like the ultimate mystery of life, is everythign we see real beacuse we really don't know but state your own opinions. and arth u just went full retard with ur statement. try and contribute something more meaningful

Offline artixloktar

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 03:52:55 AM »
The things we see are what they are, we can shape them to what we want and how we want it. I can take a wood block and shape it to how i want it. This is the same thing as words. I can hear one thing and in my mind shape it to what i want or don,t want to hear, and many times people do this without knowing it. Then it leads to drama and a fight over a simple word that means nothing. This is the thing people got to understand, you have a opinion. This opinion of yours will shape the words you hear and shape what images you see in your mind into 2 things.... what you don't want to be and what you do want to be. There is no good or bad to an opinion, but opinions has shaped the world for so many years in so many ways that today we have different opinions fighting over a simple word. A example of this would be religion. There has always been a war between people about religion, but if you look down to it, it's just an opinion that got twisted by other opinions into war after war after war. This is why the only pure opinion is no opinion, just the word, untwised, untainted... pure.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 05:34:55 AM »

Sorry, but to not live like a paranoid. You shouldn't be thinking about this.
It gets you suicidal.

Offline Reznov

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »
In a sense one can become insane by looking into this, it just fascinates me 1. just personal interest. 2. One of my buddies at work wrote a film script and I'm editing it and it has the same themes/concepts. To be honest the film will never be made since the matrix, inception etc are pretty much equivalent to the script. I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion on the matter is.    :P

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 08:23:05 PM »
Reality = the world/universe as we know it. It can't really be anything else, until we discover otherwise. Then that becomes the reality, and reality is still reality. I've had thousands of theories of what more there could be to life, and what reality could be regardless of what everyone thinks; and there's no real point in the end, given it's mostly hypothetical.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Kingtrue

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 08:57:07 PM »
I agree with Artix,
Everyone has a different perception of the world, that's just a fact.
No two people see it as such.
Weather its because you were born with a disorder that lets you see only certain colors in your retina, or you have schizophrenia and see things that aren't there.
Or you're just an 'average' joe who see's the world by what YOU think is the standard, it all comes down to ones perceptions.

Fortunately for us, diversity is the spice of life.
Nyah.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »

Sorry, but to not live like a paranoid. You shouldn't be thinking about this.
It gets you suicidal.
Why would an unanswered question make you suicidal? It should do the opposite. As it does for most.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Boxman

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »
Why would an unanswered question make you suicidal? It should do the opposite. As it does for most.

Who would want to live in a world where reality isn't really a reality but rather an experiment or outside experience due to our mind's ability to process a world as a combination of people? I certainly wouldn't... I want to be my own person and see how to live in my true reality vs. something manipulated by billions of people's minds.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Reznov

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 06:22:57 PM »
well some unanswered questions drive people to the brink of insanity since they're trying to uncover the truth of life. the person is obviously mentally ill, but they someitmes perceive things in such a strange and skewed way it drives them to do the extreme. take for example that guy who shot the one wife of that astronaught (fail spelling) who was also a senator ,  his motive was that he believed he was dreaming and what he saw wasn't real and his basis for all this was the film "inception." nonetheless he didn't commit suicide, but did such a horrific act just because he didn't believe in what he saw.

Offline Imgoinham

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 07:37:54 PM »
Reality is reality nothing more nothing less

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 07:37:54 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal