Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do you think the U.S went to war with Iraq?  (Read 5984 times)

Offline FearlessThor

Why do you think the U.S went to war with Iraq?
« on: July 10, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »
and please dont say oil the united states receives  almost all their oil from Canada and Mexico so why would we need Iraq and there was a lot of other problems between the US and Iraq.

Offline vinnylord

Re: Why do you think the U.S went to war with Iraq?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »
uhm oil? where the fuck else for?
*blanc* WOOT WOOT

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »
why do  you think that?

Offline vinnylord

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »
becouse there is nothing else there what usa wants. they are talking about revenge of the twin towers but that was the final reason to invade iraq for their oil, else they had no reason and they cant invade a land without a reason else the whole world would go crazy to the U.S.A so its all about cash thats why there are LOADS of ppl there wasting their lives
*blanc* WOOT WOOT

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
umm ya they said Iraq had WMD's so we attacked but that was fake but how do you know we didnt want to kick Saddam out when we supplied him with weapons during the Iraq-Iran war and he became a threat to the U.S.
And i guess the 35 nations that went in with us were after oil too

Offline vinnylord

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
thats becouse the us requested help from other lands and becouse other lands are helpfull (mostly) they help
*blanc* WOOT WOOT

Offline crypto

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »
All I know is there was a lot less death and suffering with Hussein in power. It should've stayed that way if this was the only other option.

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
Are you fucking serious ya a lot of people lived???? ya  man  fyi he GASSED his people

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
it was... but there is a story to why we attacked them and it was are fault we gave them weapons to fight Iran and look what happened it came back at us.

Offline crypto

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 08:20:04 PM »
Are you fucking serious ya a lot of people lived???? ya  man  fyi he GASSED his people
Do you have any idea what's been going on in Iraq since Operation Iraqi Freedom? No government (de-Baathification was one of the dumbest moves that could possibly have made); none of the benefits that go hand in hand with an existent government (passable infrastructure, social stability, a functional economy, law and order, etc.); something like 150 insurgent attacks per day (in 2007); warlords and small-time criminals running around doing whatever the hell they please; inflammation of already present anti-Western sentiments . . . Hussein was the face of evil, I agree, and the raw casualty count might be in decline, but as far as I'm concerned going from ruthless autocracy to something very close to a violent state of anarchy is not by any means an improvement. And none of this takes into account the political and economic toll on Iraq, the US, and however many other countries.

Offline Priest

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »
Technically there was no declaration of war. It was Executive action.

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »
well that is true but we should at least help them set up a stable government. so all those soldiers didnt die for nothing

Offline crypto

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »
We have been trying, in our pathetic blundering way.

Offline Global_Meltdown

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »
and he gassed the kurds........... Oh yeah we get our oil from canada which actually comes from europe......... take a look at the ships coming into canada near nova scotia they sure as fuck ain't maple leafs on them.

9:04 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Something happened to me that is so vile, that I want to go out in a rampage
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: brb
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: k
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: :\
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you want to know?
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: yeah
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you REALLY want to know?
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: There is a Justin Bieber sticker on one of my binders for school.
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: That makes me mad
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: hahahaha
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: pwned
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: EFF U WURLD

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »
Simple.  To quote Dubya on the capture of Saddam," They caught him! They caught the one who tried to kill my daddy!"

(Yes, a very close approximation to what Dubya said.   Makes me wonder if Dubya used the Military for a personal family vendetta...  Stems from an earlier botched assassination attempt on Bush Sr., when he visited Kuwait after the end of his (Sr.'s) Presidency.) 

Many think it was due to the tying of the U.S. Dollar to oil values.  Iraq, in the months before the decision to attack came down, decided to trade oil for European Euro's...  The view is, this allowing to trade oil in other currencies would have critically devalued the U.S. Dollar, and effectively destroyed our economy...

Personally, I wonder why we are still in Afghanistan, since there are less than 100 or so Al Qaeda left in the whole country.  There are far more of them in Pakistan, and Yemen.  So, we going to invade those nations, too?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal