Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gun control: Due to recent events  (Read 17540 times)

Offline Old Crow

Gun control: Due to recent events
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »
Easy enough

My two cents: It works in other places like Europe but I highly doubt it would be as effective here. You guys fail to realize how big the population is in the US when you compare it to Finland (Tendovvi!). We have 300+ million, you have almost 6 million. When you only have that small of a number of people to watch out for, it makes it pretty easy to control things but here, we got basically 6 different regions (Pacific, West, Southwest, South, East, Midwest. Just for simplicity sake) that all have different mentalities about everything. There really isn't a one size fits all gun control. You either allow them or don't.

If you don't allow guns to be owned, criminals get them anyway. Most (read: not all) guns used in crimes are illegally obtained, as they are harder to trace and easier to get a hold of. If you do allow everybody to have guns, then the nuts like recent events get them and use them to kill innocent people.

There has to be a balance so maybe now we should also register assault weapons. The most recent events we have had happen all involve an assault weapon. I would like to see some more regulation on assault weapons as in registering, back round checks that sort of thing.

In terms of full regulation, no. Too often will people find a way, and when normal, law abiding citizens are not allowed to carry, we are basically at the mercy of others. A guy almost a year ago killed his father with a baseball bat. People will find a way to make others dead. A massacre like this however, can be avoided if we do use proper regulation on assault weapons (look it up already!).

I would also like to see more security at schools. Seems like it is much too lax.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd GO!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:42:24 PM by Old Crow »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cadaver

Re: Gun control: Due to recent events
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
We have gun control laws.  Severe ones. Ones which are supposed to prevent the criminal, the criminally insane, and the fellow who went off from having firearms.  Someone dropped the ball here. (Understatement of my life.)

Schools are "Gun Free" zones.  Supposed to prevent such from occurring.  Did not this time.   

Even happens in Europe. 

I will discuss the reasons behind the 2nd Amendment later.  Now, I pray for those taken in this tragic event.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 07:57:58 PM »
There has to be a balance so maybe now we should also register assault weapons. The most recent events we have had happen all involve an assault weapon. I would like to see some more regulation on assault weapons as in registering, back round checks that sort of thing.

All weapons are registered at purchase and all pistols require a special license to even own. Most assault weapons will be background checked depending on your state, and in some states every weapon is checked. Also, I believe that there is probably a law against anyone with any mental diseases or stress disorders owning guns.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
It's the same as saying that smoking should be illegal and cannot buy it anymore.
It does have affect, every number counts. Just like a presidential vote.

Sure someone can kill someone with a bat, but it's harder to kill people with.

You can never fully control a thing in a country. But you damn well sure as hell can try to prevent it.
Just make it damn illigal.

What is in discussion now
(we had an incident where a schitsofranic killed 7 people including himself)
that if someone wants to go to a gun club/ shooting range. People need to have a mentality check.

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »
We have gun control laws.  Severe ones. Ones which are supposed to prevent the criminal, the criminally insane, and the fellow who went off from having firearms.  Someone dropped the ball here. (Understatement of my life.)

Schools are "Gun Free" zones.  Supposed to prevent such from occurring.  Did not this time.   

Even happens in Europe. 

I will discuss the reasons behind the 2nd Amendment later.  Now, I pray for those taken in this tragic event.

Yes, it does happen in Europe too. The time I've lived on planet Earth, so far, I know of 2 school shootings that took place in 2007 and 2008 in Finland (of course the 2007 one was inspired by Columbia shootings and the 2008 one was possibly inspired by the 2008 one, even tho some news source claimed he was planning to do it before the 2007 shootings), I mean (there apparently was a shooting in 1989 that I didn't know of, but still). I almost fully watched the documentary about U.S. gun laws, and it's pretty sick how banks give out rifles to people who register an account in their banks.. Just that alone tells that there's something wrong and BADLY.
TGOD
Doll023: ur from finland? thats in ireland right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazyd: why do you accept random friend invites from fans you've never met
Blazyd: Your friends list is packed
Blazyd: packed as hillary clintons ass

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »

Even happens in Europe. 

Yes, it does happen in Europe too. The time I've lived on planet Earth, so far, I know of 2 school shootings that took place in 2007 and 2008 in Finland (of course the 2007 one was inspired by Columbia shootings and the 2008 one was possibly inspired by the 2008 one, even tho some news source claimed he was planning to do it before the 2007 shootings), I mean (there apparently was a shooting in 1989 that I didn't know of, but still). I almost fully watched the documentary about U.S. gun laws, and it's pretty sick how banks give out rifles to people who register an account in their banks.. Just that tells that there's something wrong and BADLY.

I dont think anyones ever given out guns like that.... If so then that changes some of my opinions

Offline Nelth

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »

Even happens in Europe. 

Yes, it does happen in Europe too. The time I've lived on planet Earth, so far, I know of 2 school shootings that took place in 2007 and 2008 in Finland (of course the 2007 one was inspired by Columbia shootings and the 2008 one was possibly inspired by the 2008 one, even tho some news source claimed he was planning to do it before the 2007 shootings), I mean (there apparently was a shooting in 1989 that I didn't know of, but still). I almost fully watched the documentary about U.S. gun laws, and it's pretty sick how banks give out rifles to people who register an account in their banks.. Just that tells that there's something wrong and BADLY.

I dont think anyones ever given out guns like that.... If so then that changes some of my opinions
I have also NEVER heard of anything this ridiculous happening.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 08:23:08 PM »

Even happens in Europe. 

I have also NEVER heard of anything this ridiculous happening.
Pretty sure it is illegal too, now that i think about it.

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
The documentary I was watching was called "Bowling for Columbine" from 2002, I'm sure some of you have head of it. No, I shit you not when I say that in the documentary a bank was giving out rifles to people..
TGOD

Offline theyankees213

Offline Nelth

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »
How old is that flyer though?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »

Reminded me of this picture for some reason~

Also I allegedly know two people who have had illegal pistols in their possession before, how they got them or where from I'm not really sure. All I know is "My boy always know where you can get a piece"; so if my idiot ex-friends know where to find guns that aren't registered to them I'm sure many more organized and intelligent people out there know how to.

Guns are stupid, and I hate their existence. Destroy all of them and bring back swords and safer means of protection. I don't care if the gov't has all the guns, they already have nuclear warheads.

The only reason I feel the need to buy a gun to defend myself is because of all the crazy morons out there with guns. They should make them 99% more impossible to obtain.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Tendovvi

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »

Reminded me of this picture for some reason~

Also I allegedly know two people who have had illegal pistols in their possession before, how they got them or where from I'm not really sure. All I know is "My boy always know where you can get a piece"; so if my idiot ex-friends know where to find guns that aren't registered to them I'm sure many more organized and intelligent people out there know how to.

Guns are stupid, and I hate their existence. Destroy all of them and bring back swords and safer means of protection. I don't care if the gov't has all the guns, they already have nuclear warheads.

The only reason I feel the need to buy a gun to defend myself is because of all the crazy morons out there with guns. They should make them 99% more impossible to obtain.

Agree 100%. Honestly all you need if you want to protect yourself is a sword or some shit. Hopefully Obama reads this is which very unlikely LOL.
TGOD

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »
It's the same as saying that smoking should be illegal and cannot buy it anymore.

You can never fully control a thing in a country. But you damn well sure as hell can try to prevent it.

that if someone wants to go to a gun club/ shooting range. People need to have a mentality check.

weed is illegal too, but you can find it on any corner street of America.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:15:42 PM by Old Crow »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »

weed is illegal too, but you can find it on any corner street of America.

Yeah but weed can't kill a person in the blink of an eye.

I apologize for using you as an example
But Yankee, in a previous post you said

Im just saying that I own multiple guns, and enjoy the right to own and use them.

I checked out your page hoping to get a better understanding of who you are and I noticed that your 15.

This alone should raise red flags when it come to gun control.
You're 15, you're a long way from being an adult and yet you own "Multiple Guns".          I want to know which moron thought it's even remotely right for kids to have the ability to own an item designed to kill.

Don't try to argue oh "I'm responsible" or "I'm mature" your 15 and not only do you own them you enjoy them.

Something is seriously fucked up with a country when its kids can say that.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 09:28:15 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal