Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Arrogance~  (Read 789 times)

Offline Pillz

Arrogance~
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:32:15 PM »
Other than that, I tend to seem fairly arrogant to people. This may include me telling them they're massive morons, but also my general attitude on everything. Don't take offense, I usually don't mean any.
I have fun with discussions and arguments.

We're all morons, it's a small disadvantage to being a human. We all spend our lives trying to become as un-moronic as possible and we all do that differently; learning some things/not learning other things, making each human their own individual. Sometimes people get rash when you challenge what they know; depending on how you go about doing so. Most anyone who firmly believes in the knowledge they've collected can be called arrogant; I even get called so sometimes when I strive not to seem arrogant at all. All you can do is try to share your knowledge as kindly as possible when it's appropriate; and sometimes not say anything and let people learn on their own. You'll have to do a lot of the later to get along well here.. Hahh.

On the subject of arrogance: Just knowing a bunch of information does not give you grounds to be arrogant. It is your ability to use the information you have accumulated.
Because if information was intelligence then the people with photographic memory would be the biggest geniuses of human kind.

Arrogance-
Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

So from my experience, arrogant people can be dumb, smart, or anywhere in between. It's just a matter of how they share what they know, and some people start to assume they're better because they think they know more than others. All I'm saying is technically everyone learns things differently, at our own paces, sometimes missing information others focused on learning about more than we did. My idea of arrogance is the people who think lower of other people because they didn't know that one or two bits of knowledge they did, and sometimes they just assume that person is stupid for not knowing. Arrogance can come from completely unrelated things too, like money, massive muscles, and good looks. It's always up to you how you appear to other people, so don't walk and talk like a God when you aren't. While some people think it's good to fully express their opinion regardless of how other people respond/feel about it, sometimes it's better to just let it go; unless you can do so in a way people will listen to you.

I could be arrogant about how I expressed my view on arrogance, but that would be retarded because I doubt anyone's opinion is the same; like in most cases. So I'd essentially be starting a flame war, which I feel like we've seen on the forums quite a few times before. Especially when it came down to opinion-biased things like religion and whatnot.. A great example of arrogance is just thinking religious people are dumb after recently adopting atheism, picking fights with people over how much sense their religion makes. That's part of the reason why we don't allow religious debates here anymore I believe.. Everyone here's been pretty good boys and girls lately though..

So anyway, what do you all think of arrogance or any present opinions on it? Is arrogance just another way to be a douchebag, or can you kindly be arrogant perhaps? :o
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cadaver

Re: Arrogance~
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
Its the contempt of their fellow man, which makes arrogant people annoying.  Cowing to their own ego, at the expense of everyone else.  A poor thing, and expensive thing, arrogance is...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: Arrogance~
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal