Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are we slaves to money?  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Atom

Are we slaves to money?
« on: January 27, 2011, 12:37:38 AM »
Just think about it. I think everything is built around money and that yes we are slaves to money, money being the root to all evil. The J.F.K assassination being one example.

Offline Cadaver

Re: Are we slaves to money?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »
"Are we slaves to money?"
Yes.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 01:24:08 AM »
I like things.
Things cost money.
Need money to buy things.
I like money.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 01:28:25 AM »
I prefer to see it as your all my salves. And you provide me with money.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Ghast

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 01:45:22 AM »
I AM NO SALVE.

Also, money makes the world go round.

There is no more efficient system of trading. If you look at it from a historical standpoint, bartering failed and physical coercion incited riots.

There is no better motivation, than wealth. Financial incentives are what drives most people, as many are not genuinely interested in the betterment of society / themselves.

This is my objective side, saying yes; we are slaves to money.

QUESTION: How is the J.F.K assassination related to money? I'm sure Lee Harvey Oswald was no pecuniary reward/compensation for his deplorable act.
[ZE] Pfc =☆ q-bert™☆=: Ghast from minecraft
Ghast: fuck you q bert

Offline Atom

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
QUESTION: How is the J.F.K assassination related to money? I'm sure Lee Harvey Oswald was no pecuniary reward/compensation for his deplorable act.

There's much more to the J.F.K assassination than you think. Try and research about it.

Offline Mudkipz

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 02:46:20 AM »
Resources make money, Money makes resources... It's just a global understanding You need money to make money, and once you get some Money you can't help to want more... final answer

"Are we slaves to money"

Yes...

So I heard you like Mudkipz...

Skieski

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »
I think everything is built around money and that yes we are slaves to money, money being the root to all evil.

I believe that you really need to read this extract from Ayn Rand's book Atlas Shurgged:

http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/economics/money/1826-francisco-s-money-speech.html

Offline Commander Shepard

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 05:42:23 PM »
I prefer to see it as your all my salves. And you provide me with money.

But Inject, you're a slave to Miley Cyrus, and she has lots of money, therefore, slave to money.

ironymeter

I used the irony meter because this is highly ironic.  smug
"Some say ya' troubled boy
Just because you like to destroy
All the things that bring the idiots joy
Well, what's wrong with a little destruction?"

-Franz Ferdinand "The Fallen"

Offline Holy

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »
I'd have to disagree and say man, who harbors greed, is more evil than money. Money wasn't the issue. Actually it was Ford motors which begot this chain of greed we live in today. Cars were supposed to run off of alcohol. Oil would bring in more money so it was used as a fuel source.

Thanks to Ford motors' display of greed, social interaction between strangers doesn't happen as often as it used to. You used to be able to go to your mechanic and would have a conversation with them, now all they care about is your money and would rather skip the social interaction just to do their job.

Skieski

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »
I'd have to disagree and say man, who harbors greed, is more evil than money. Money wasn't the issue. Actually it was Ford motors which begot this chain of greed we live in today. Cars were supposed to run off of alcohol. Oil would bring in more money so it was used as a fuel source.

Thanks to Ford motors' display of greed, social interaction between strangers doesn't happen as often as it used to. You used to be able to go to your mechanic and would have a conversation with them, now all they care about is your money and would rather skip the social interaction just to do their job.

Are you seriously blaming the lack of man to man interaction in nowadays society to the rational decision of a single man?

Offline Atom

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 03:57:31 PM »
I think everything is built around money and that yes we are slaves to money, money being the root to all evil.

I believe that you really need to read this extract from Ayn Rand's book Atlas Shurgged:

http://www.capitalismmagazine.com/economics/money/1826-francisco-s-money-speech.html
hum...interesting.

Offline Ghast

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »

There's much more to the J.F.K assassination than you think. Try and research about it.

I think you're the one that needs to do some research, you damned conspiracist.

Offline Atom

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 03:39:35 AM »

What do you mean by conspiracist? There facts and proof. I take it you are .... 13 years old?

Offline Ghast

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:36 AM »

What do you mean by conspiracist? There facts and proof. I take it you are .... 13 years old?

To assume my age after not knowing what "conspiracist" means.

You are uneducated.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:36 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal