Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Console servers, worth it?  (Read 5971 times)

Offline Kingtrue

Console servers, worth it?
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »
Lets face it, Microsoft has been raising its prices without any form of improvement that I have seen from this whole inflation, but could stand to learn a thing or two.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/8098-Experienced-Points-Whats-Wrong-with-Xbox-Live.2

Now If you read this man's article, he explains his own thoughts on how the natural pool of bile and run-off known as xbox trolls could be cleaned up by offering console servers. In the same sense as PC servers, he states that if there was a bigger sense of moderation on the xbox, it would'nt be populated by all those annoying players if people could shell out abit more in their subscription to gain admin powers to a specific server to pay for it.

He goes further into detail about positives and negatives of it, but what do you think CG? Would you like to see dedicated servers in the future? Possibly buy your own? Or would this seem to be a waste, as other people could pay to abuse?
Nyah.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
Re: Console servers, worth it?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:45:03 PM »
I swear, everyone here is biased towards PC's.
Yes PC's are generally better but some things are just best on console.
Console servers, it depends.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:45:03 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »
I swear, everyone here is biased towards PC's.
Yes PC's are generally better but some things are just best on console.
Console servers, it depends.
LOL
Explane.

NOTHING beats a pc in any way shape or form. Period.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:48:13 PM »
Well if you have a friend over you certainly arn't going to go play a PC game with him.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »
Well if you have a friend over you certainly arn't going to go play a PC game with him.
Really? I do all the time.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 09:50:54 PM »
We are talking about the average person here. Not no Miley loving noob.  smug frogface

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »
We are talking about the average person here. Not no Miley loving noob.  smug frogface I fail

G-man

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »
The PC and other gaming consoles are completely different. They're not even comparable; you can't say one is better than the other.

It's like comparing the communal contribution a Fireman provides over a Policeman. They both serve the community, but do completely different things. Similar but not in the same league.

Anyway, that'd actually be a pretty good idea King. It'd be tough to configure and customize due to obvious UI limitations.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:06 PM »
The PC and other gaming consoles are completely different. They're not even comparable; you can't say one is better than the other.

It's like comparing the communal contribution a Fireman provides over a Policeman. They both serve the community, but do completely different things. Similar but not in the same league.

Anyway, that'd actually be a pretty good idea King. It'd be tough to configure and customize due to obvious UI limitations.
Wrong the pc is God and Consoles are little turds it shits out.

Offline Travis

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:45:07 PM »
Consoles would be like humans so, since when did god shit out humans?
On topic:

First, you misspelled aren't. Second, why make your friend come over when you could play PC with him online?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:46:57 PM by Garo »
Boobs.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 10:51:34 PM »
On topic:

First, you misspelled aren't. Second, why make your friend come over when you could play PC with him online?
First, I know that.
Second, cause some people are ****gots and have shit computers. And also consoles have decent games that PC does not.

G-man

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 10:56:09 PM »
On topic:

Don't even start. Your grammar and spelling is far more horrendous.

Offline Travis

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 10:59:01 PM »
First, I know that.
Second, cause some people are ****gots and have shit computers. And also consoles have decent games that PC does not.
The only reason some good games only have console versions is because people are too closed minded to try PC gaming.

Fun Experiment:
If you're around a group of people say PC is better than Xbox 360; their closed minds will immediately will cause you to be flamed.

G-man, I know I fail.
Boobs.

G-man

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »
First, I know that.
The only reason some good games only have console versions is because people are too closed minded to try PC gaming.

Fun Experiment:
If you're around a group of people say PC is better than Xbox 360; their closed minds will immediately will cause you to be flamed.

G-man, I know I fail.

lol, I like you.  :P

And yeah, this is another much-needed improvement that Microsoft, once again, failed to serve.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »
My PC Can render any console game.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal