Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Computer stuff  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Muffins

Computer stuff
« on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:44 PM »
As you know (If you read my time away forum) my computer took a shit on me and i was wondering would it be cheaper to rebuild my computer completely or just go ahead a buy a new 1?

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
Re: Computer stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »
Depends what fucked you over. I'm not very computer savvy but it really does vary on what caused the problem. It would likely be cheaper to just rebuild it because you could still make use of the old parts that might work.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »

Offline Muffins

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
Depends what fucked you over. I'm not very computer savvy but it really does vary on what caused the problem. It would likely be cheaper to just rebuild it because you could still make use of the old parts that might work.
Well i am sure it was my motherboard but the parts are so shitty i just need to get rid of everything except my ram :)

Offline Pillz

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 08:36:02 PM »
Keep everything that works and test them interchangeably on another PC to make sure they do; then buy the parts you need and a new case. Usually if nothing works it's either the mobo or PSU; and if your Mobo is out that sucks cause the semi-decent ones are between 120-200$ and the really good ones are 200-500$.

Buying a computer piece by piece is  often cheaper because there's no assembly fee and whatnot; but anywho good luck.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline caboose74

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 08:43:36 PM »
if you got a lot's of old part buy a new one because  , why not ?

Offline Nelth

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »
If its a old computer, get a new one, if its a new computer do what pillz said.

Offline Muffins

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 11:35:28 PM »
Keep everything that works and test them interchangeably on another PC to make sure they do; then buy the parts you need and a new case. Usually if nothing works it's either the mobo or PSU; and if your Mobo is out that sucks cause the semi-decent ones are between 120-200$ and the really good ones are 200-500$.

Buying a computer piece by piece is  often cheaper because there's no assembly fee and whatnot; but anywho good luck.
I did what u said and it is definitely the motherboard thanks for the advice

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 01:44:20 AM »
Ok, if it is the motherboard, check the processor and ram completely, as when a motherboard goes bad, it typically harms those components.

What do you have?  Processor, Ram (amount, type and speed?) Graphics card? Power supply brand and wattage?

If the motherboard went bad, check the power supply, too.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 01:44:20 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal