Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unbanning Crypto  (Read 35130 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Unbanning Crypto
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
The unpermaban procedure was put into place, because while a lot of people within the community can like someone or want them unbanned, it doesn't mean they will degenerate the community status, or not bring anything to the community table. That is why Cadaver set the standards up as they are, because so many people within the community will be inexperienced in dealing with situations, or uninformed of someones infractions.

Now, with that said, I will once again reiterate that Crypto has received three permabans already. This isn't a matter of second chances, this is us going back on our word, again, for a third time. As someone who has been on the receiving end of a permaban, it is pretty miserable, at least in my experience it was. Did I learn my lesson? Sure did. Do I still troll occasionally? Sure do, but everyone in CG does, but not to the point where you are so belittled you have no response.

If I were to ever get perma-banned again, I wouldn't expect to be able to come back.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »
Just don't be an asshat again. I was referring to you behind closed doors. You posts do show how you act on the forums (not the sarcastic April fools joke, the religious theads that devolved into personal attacks.)
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »
Normally, with Homophobia I'd be shouting "No!" and flailing my arms.
But Crypto never uses "Homophobia" sure he used words that our community now frowns on in a extreme way, but I don't believe Crypto has ever (Not even in CG) Used them for Homophobic or Bigotry.

From what I recall he uses them in this manner.

Guy 1: *Jokingly* I love you
Guy 2: Don't be such a fa**ot.... I love you too.

If Crypto was actually going to insult you, he'd use real insults instead of implying that you enjoy a nice hot dicking.
Also in regards to Rebelmaster comparison.

Rebelmaster was a raging cunt since SKG and will most likely always be one, he constantly tried to start fights with other users and would claim bullshit things constantly (Personal favorite is that Remscar placed hacks into the servers downloads that would only be downloaded to Rebel's game)

Crypto (though he can come off as an ass if you don't understand how he behaves) has usually had the communities best interest in heart, he's actually incredibly fun to play with (Unlike Rebelmaster) and he's been with us far longer than most other users.

Honestly, I don't even think he deserved more than a weeks forum ban for that, it truly is nothing compared to what other users have gotten away with and in the end, it's pretty obvious that he was sarcastically going over the top. Sure he deserved a punishment for breaking the rules, but he's currently been banned for 8 months because of a single post.

I'm pretty sure he's done his time, plus a little extra.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »
in case crypto is reading:
What I was referring to in that message wasn't the joke thread you made, it was various other occasions. Although those messages are LOOOONG old and are probably irrelevant now anyways.

I've gone pretty back and forth when it comes to my input on this matter. Let it be known that in general I am 50/50 on this. I see both sides having good standing. I expect a verdict to be reached around when we have our next CL meeting.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:53:33 PM by AlphaWeeaboo »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2013, 10:40:45 PM »
Shit if Tic vouches for you, I have zero problems.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2013, 01:10:21 AM »
Yeah Chris Crypto was always an egotistical trip on everything ever, got banned twice, we gave him a third chance, told him to play nice and he was on probation (Kwuartz was when he got unbanned as well), and well the rest is history.

I get that he posted that on a joke thread, but despite the sarcasim of it, its still easy to mis-interpet, and considering it came from the "troll god" how do you think its going to be persieved. If it came from Pillz, we would know it was a joke. If it came from Finnie, we would know its spam. It came from the troll god.

Apparently Crypto only asked about being unbanned because he thought EVERYONE who was banned got unbanned when Cadaver and gang resigned. He heard Irish got unbanned and assumed that, and now apologizes for applying; but I still think we should give him a chance.

I'd also like to point out that Crypto never did the "TROLL GOD" tag himself, I asked him about it when it first popped up and he said Inject or Wholegrain did it over something that wasn't even trolling as much as being a bit confrontational.

It was THEN that Crypto had begun acting a little more distastefully, being labeled a troll god and all; you might of well stamped him with a scarlet letter T.

He was given multiple chances by an administration that wasn't the current one. We don't agree with many choices of the old administration so I can disagree with their ban reasons, and that's why I ran it by the community.

I believe he can behave, and with our more active CL'ship and GM's I believe we can more closely monitor EVERYONE's behavior. If ANYONE's post ever upsets you, click that report to moderator button and we'll take care of it and get the post removed and assess the situation.

We all act a little more serious on the forums, or at least appear to be. Some of us take it more seriously than others, and then in game or on voicechat we seem like completely different people. I first knew Crypto as a fellow ZPS admin and he was capable of the job, and while I don't expect that to happen again I'm sure he can mingle alongside the rest of us peacefully.

I'm +1 for unbanning him and seeing what happens.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:38:01 AM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Billy

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2013, 01:32:31 AM »
UNBAN CRYPTO.

Lord knows our permaban rules are as loose as a prostitute in Times Square, anyway.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2013, 01:48:23 AM »
UNBAN CRYPTO.

Lord knows our permaban rules are as loose as a prostitute in Times Square, anyway.
False we have plenty of perma bans. The only reason why people get unbanned is because of leadership changes *which I don't think needs to apply here* or because what they did is small enough for them to weasel there way back in by playing on the soft hearts of CLs with severe memory loss.

Perma Bans That Are In Effect:
A - Snak (March 2013)
B - Exultion/Muffinz (January 2012)
C - Yarou/Cypther -DJ (January 2012)

A -Racism, Broke Permaban probation!

B - Extreme Racist Behaviour, Sexual Harassment of a Member

C - Griefing/RDMing, General Rudeness towards members, EXTREME Sexual Harassment of MULTIPLE Members... Including Sexual Assault and Blackmail.

Should we also unban them? Just because we may not understand everything about what may lead to a players ban or remember what happened doesn't mean the CL's didn't greatly think it over before it was done the first time.
This is an example of PERMANENT COMMUNITY WIDE BANS, which differ from PERMANENT Game Bans.

Confusing the two types of PERMANENT bans, would be very silly.
This however is an example of a PERMANENT COMMUNITY WIDE BAN.

To which we have only ever unbanned someone from this to then later reban the user when they made another offence.

I was the person who added the hidden section of the forums log ago to log these NEWer Community Wide Ban Rule Sets. Since I've made them they have stayed generally PERMANENT. Kwaurtz's ban was before this rule existed and thus was not related.

In saying this I'm not sure I see a good reason for an unban at this time. And it's certinaly not something to decide quickly.

So Pillz, so help me god if you lock this or do anything with out waiting for the other CL's to weigh in first... I swear to Jesus -_-
I know you've been fast to jump on things with out letting the other leaders speak first. So this is me putting my foot down to let you know if something happens with out my knowing it isn't my fault if it gets reversed.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2013, 02:09:31 AM »
UNBAN CRYPTO.

False we have plenty of perma bans. The only reason why people get unbanned is because of leadership changes *which I don't think needs to apply here* or because what they did is small enough for them to weasel there way back in by playing on the soft hearts of CLs with severe memory loss.

Perma Bans That Are In Effect:
A - Snak (March 2013)
B - Exultion/Muffinz (January 2012)
C - Yarou/Cypther -DJ (January 2012)

A -Racism, Broke Permaban probation!

B - Extreme Racist Behaviour, Sexual Harassment of a Member

C - Griefing/RDMing, General Rudeness towards members, EXTREME Sexual Harassment of MULTIPLE Members... Including Sexual Assault and Blackmail.

Should we also unban them? Just because we may not understand everything about what may lead to a players ban or remember what happened doesn't mean the CL's didn't greatly think it over before it was done the first time.
This is an example of PERMANENT COMMUNITY WIDE BANS, which differ from PERMANENT Game Bans.

Confusing the two types of PERMANENT bans, would be very silly.
This however is an example of a PERMANENT COMMUNITY WIDE BAN.

To which we have only ever unbanned someone from this to then later reban the user when they made another offence.

I was the person who added the hidden section of the forums log ago to log these NEWer Community Wide Ban Rule Sets. Since I've made them they have stayed generally PERMANENT. Kwaurtz's ban was before this rule existed and thus was not related.

In saying this I'm not sure I see a good reason for an unban at this time. And it's certinaly not something to decide quickly.

So Pillz, so help me god if you lock this or do anything with out waiting for the other CL's to weigh in first... I swear to Jesus -_-
I know you've been fast to jump on things with out letting the other leaders speak first. So this is me putting my foot down to let you know if something happens with out my knowing it isn't my fault if it gets reversed.

I was fast to jump on one thing which the other CL's agreed to and you didn't respond for almost 3 days after they had so I went ahead as it was, like you said, a reversible decision; which we eventually ended up reversing after a week or so of you ignoring me signaling ever-so-mysteriously that you didn't like the decision we made. The community sounded excited for the ranks at first so I figured I'd deliver quickly so people thought things were happening, but then the silent treatment kind of killed my motivation on doing anything more. So naturally I'd like to avoid any more ignoring in the future, and I had no intentions of locking this until the votes been made. This at least I can understand taking slowly and I'm glad you came to weigh in on it, but we need to get cracking on some of the other issues at hand, like the admin watch plugins and NMRiH server at least.

I'm pretty sure the CL's have all weighed in already though. Death said he isn't voting, and Alpha has posted 4+ times already with his opinion but he hasn't exactly voted yet. First he was for the unban, then he was unsure; so we all need to post our official votes. Crypto probably won't be on too terribly much anyway, he just feels his last ban was unjust and as he said, he would of knocked it off if he had been given the chance but instead he was just IP Banned across all areas. I'm sure everyone will be watching him waiting for him to do the first thing to ban him for, and I will personally ban him myself if he ever breaks the rules.

I assume Inject votes No Unban.

I vote for an Unban.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:21:38 AM by Pillz »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2013, 02:34:45 AM »
I was fast to jump on one thing which the other CL's agreed to and you didn't respond for almost 3 days after they had so I went ahead as it was, like you said, a reversible decision; which we eventually ended up reversing after a week or so of you ignoring me signaling ever-so-mysteriously that you didn't like the decision we made. The community sounded excited for the ranks at first so I figured I'd deliver quickly so people thought things were happening, but then the silent treatment kind of killed my motivation on doing anything more. So naturally I'd like to avoid any more ignoring in the future, and I had no intentions of locking this until the votes been made. This at least I can understand taking slowly and I'm glad you came to weigh in on it, but we need to get cracking on some of the other issues at hand, like the admin watch plugins and NMRiH server at least.

I'm pretty sure the CL's have all weighed in already though. Death said he isn't voting, and Alpha has posted 4+ times already with his opinion but he hasn't exactly voted yet. First he was for the unban, then he was unsure; so we all need to post our official votes. Crypto probably won't be on too terribly much anyway, he just feels his last ban was unjust and as he said, he would of knocked it off if he had been given the chance but instead he was just IP Banned across all areas. I'm sure everyone will be watching him waiting for him to do the first thing to ban him for, and I will personally ban him myself if he ever breaks the rules.

I assume Inject votes No Unban.

I vote for an Unban.
"I was fast to jump on one thing which the other CL's agreed to and you didn't respond for almost 3 days after they had so I went ahead as it was, like you said, a reversible decision; which we eventually ended up reversing after a week or so of you ignoring me signaling ever-so-mysteriously that you didn't like the decision we made."

False sir. Not easily reversible and I didn't say it was. You did. And no the other CL's didn't agree on everything. Also this isn't about that. I was just simply telling you. If you want to talk about this we can talk in pm, or another thread. 3 Days isn't log for something like this and you should stop expecting things so quickly that are of this type of importance. Perhaps you need lessons in patience.

Also it's been many other things that have happened you've done. But like I said not getting into it and not a big deal nor is it related to this thread.
I'm just saying don't close this thread. Anything else is unrelated.

I vote nothing as of yet.
And we all watched him before when he was unbanned, which resulted in another ban. There is no reason why we should have to do so again.

Also pillz someone pointed this out to me:
Quote from: Pillz
If someone MassRDM's 5+ people it's a permaban.

We have that rule in place so people don't do it. We're not going to unban somebody for apologizing after breaking the rules, because then everyone with a permaban will be sobbing at our feet for us to unban them.

I agree it's a little harsh, and if Cortez wants to unban you that's his deal; but for formality I will say No.

From 4 days ago.

GG WP ... Well Played.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2013, 02:48:08 AM »
3 Days isn't log
3 Days isn't log
3 Days isn't log

Is 4 days log? I honestly couldn't resist.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2013, 02:51:12 AM »
3 Days isn't log
3 Days isn't log
3 Days isn't log

Is 4 days log? I honestly couldn't resist.

Here it is in big RED lettering!!

Offline Pillz

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2013, 03:00:28 AM »
Also pillz someone pointed this out to me:
Quote from: Pillz
If someone MassRDM's 5+ people it's a permaban.

We have that rule in place so people don't do it. We're not going to unban somebody for apologizing after breaking the rules, because then everyone with a permaban will be sobbing at our feet for us to unban them.

I agree it's a little harsh, and if Cortez wants to unban you that's his deal; but for formality I will say No.

From 4 days ago.

GG WP ... Well Played.

Yeah, I don't think what Crypto did is as bad as 6+ intentional RDM's though. I understand I may seem a little hypocritical for it, but I'm not forcing anyone's hand towards unbanning him. I'll be glad to admit it's probably a little unfair that I would vote to unban him but not Rebelmaster, the sexist, or the other guy I have no idea about, but if I got to know them I could make better decisions given they ever want to appeal too. They have every right to appeal and hear the communities feedback at least once or twice if they want to be a part of CG again.

Crypto asked to make a ban appeal and that's all so far, but like he said if it's decided by the CL's he can't join it's whatever. He just doesn't agree with the length of his ban for what he did and neither do some others who've posted here. I'd be willing to give him a chance again, even though he's busy and won't really post much. If any CL's or HA disagree they can vote no but I at least will vote for him.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:02:11 AM by Pillz »

Offline Ghast

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:47 AM »
+1

Not sure if this really has any weight to it, but I will defend this man.

Crypto has been deemed, by many: a troll, a deviant, a pretentious douche, and more often than not, a "troll god".  He's none of the above. He's just a simple, precocious student that enjoys games and patronizing the communities built around them. Sure, you guys might think he's pretentious because he often utilizes his grand and esoteric vocabulary to win textual arguments on fora, but he's simply replying/retorting in the way he knows best. Who are you to judge? 

From what I noticed, he really only "goes off" (for lack of a better term) on people when they decide to be conspicuously ignorant, or oppositional towards his point-of-view, but even then he would give them a fair chance at debate. 
Crypto doesn't exercise his knowledge of words with malice. Instead, he defends correctness and veracity on general knowledge topics against those who know no better; a very uncommon ideal upheld on the internet. Because of this, I see Crypto as a kind of social-commentary to CG.

Basically; he's really not a bad guy. Though he's had multiple chances, give him ONE more.

This is a new CG, remember.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:38:33 AM by Ghast »
[ZE] Pfc =☆ q-bert™☆=: Ghast from minecraft
Ghast: fuck you q bert

Offline (=CG=) Scooby

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
I say unban him for now and see what happens. Also if what he got banned over was one post of derogatory speech then he shouldn't have been permabanned, if it truly was suppose to be a "vacation" then it should have been a couple of months not a Pban.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal