Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hidden Servers Ban Appeal  (Read 8399 times)

Offline BillSmauz

Hidden Servers Ban Appeal
« on: May 21, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
Who were you banned by: Echo

Why were you banned: Team Killing

What server where you banned from: Hidden

What date and/or time around were you banned: 05-21-13 17:35

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10041065

Your in game name: IRS Recruit

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/billsmauz

Additional comments: I was banned for team killing another team killer named Batman. This player had killed me and other players (causing them to leave the server) several times before the admin (Echo) joined the server. He told us to stop killing but Batman continued to team kill even after the admin's warning; Batman then tried to team kill me but I killed him first and was banned for tking.

edit: I am not asking for a simple Ban Appeal as I understand why I should be punished for revenge TKing, my main concern is the length of the ban (1 year long), which is for all intents and purposes a permaban if you ask me. Seeing as this is my first ban from any CG servers, I don't see why I can't be given a 2nd chance.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:30:32 AM by BillSmauz »

Offline Red

Re: Hidden Servers Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »
I've seen your ingame name before, the BillSmauz one. I recall me having to warn you to watch your fire (although this was a while ago) and you accidentally tked several times, I considered banning you a few times myself because of this but I always let it slide.  I want to see what Echo has to say about your ban.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »
This player had killed me and other players

Any proof of this?
whenbananasattack: Hugs are for people who aren't adopted

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »

Any proof of this?

Echo. Was. There. Proof right there.

Offline forumguy69

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:10:54 PM »

Any proof of this?

Echo. Was. There. Proof right there.

What do you mean by that Cash?

Offline Echochrome4

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:11:28 PM »
I told you to stop team killing.  You continued to team kill after many of my warnings.  That is not needed.  My ban description says 6 team kills. I am positive that you had 6 as the number of team kills I write down is exactly what happened, I make sure to count them carefully.  As I don't remember the earlier team kills I will need to look at damage logs for that, what I do know is that you killed Batman many times after I told you not too. 

Revenge team killing is not needed, let the admins take care of it.

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:18:01 PM »
I told you to stop team killing.  You continued to team kill after many of my warnings.  That is not needed.  My ban description says 6 team kills. I am positive that you had 6 as the number of team kills I write down is exactly what happened, I make sure to count them carefully.  As I don't remember the earlier team kills I will need to look at damage logs for that, what I do know is that you killed Batman many times after I told you not too. 

I would carefully read these words, BillSmauz.

Offline BillSmauz

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »

I can understand a ban for disregarding an admin's warning, which I take responsibility for, but a 12 month ban for a first offense seems to me excessive.

And in regards to Red's comments, I admit to accidental TK's which inevitably occur if the hidden is right in front of a teammate and I attempt to shoot the hidden. It is part of the balance of the game to have accidental TK's so I don't understand why accidental TKing would be a bannable offense.

Offline Acebombastic

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »

I can understand a ban for disregarding an admin's warning, which I take responsibility for, but a 12 month ban for a first offense seems to me excessive.

Sounds like Echo gave you five chances, so it was more like your fifth offense  smug

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 11:48:07 PM »
So you think you're justified? It's quite humorous because you always are directed to something called MOTD, which is that lovely little pop up that appears before your very eyes. On there you will notice it states no teamkilling. By clicking "okay" you hereby acknowledge and accept our server rules. Once you break one, there is no need for any justification. Especially if an admin witnessed you doing this. I'll leave you with that to think upon.

Offline BillSmauz

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:09 AM »
So you think you're justified? It's quite humorous because you always are directed to something called MOTD, which is that lovely little pop up that appears before your very eyes. On there you will notice it states no teamkilling. By clicking "okay" you hereby acknowledge and accept our server rules. Once you break one, there is no need for any justification. Especially if an admin witnessed you doing this. I'll leave you with that to think upon.

Actually I just stated that my actions in revenge Tking Batman were not justified. What I was saying about accidental TK is that it is inevitable (e.g., a Hidden is near a teammate and in order to kill the hidden you accidentally shoot your teammate in the process). I have Accidentally TK'ed people in the past (which is what Red's statement is referring to); even in trying my best to not shoot my teammates, it still happens from time to time. In this particular case I was intentionally TKing Batman who had also been TKing me and other players (the other players had left the server before Echo arrived).

I understand why my ban is warranted but my main issue is the length of the ban (one year long) for a first offense.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:37:01 AM by BillSmauz »

Offline Red

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:39 AM »
And in regards to Red's comments, I admit to accidental TK's which inevitably occur if the hidden is right in front of a teammate and I attempt to shoot the hidden. It is part of the balance of the game to have accidental TK's so I don't understand why accidental TKing would be a bannable offense.

If you can't play without team killing/shooting multiple people by accident then you shouldn't be allowed to play. I haven't team shot, let alone killed, person in ages unless it was because they purposely walked in front of me.
You also seem to have a hot temper which clouds your judgement, I'd suggest you take a chill pill. You should LISTEN to the ADMINS when they tell you to do something instead of blowing them off and doing whatever you feel like doing.
Need anything? Find me on steam and I'll be happy to help.

Offline Mr_Rainbow

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 12:46:00 AM »
I was intentionally TKing Batman who had also been TKing me

That's call revenge tk. Don't revenge tk, notify an admin or make a ban request on the forums.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:47:40 AM by Mr_Rainbow »
whenbananasattack: Hugs are for people who aren't adopted

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 01:14:35 AM »
Most of the posts in this thread are not at all constructive. First off this is a ban appeal so there is absolutely no reason for admins to get overly defensive especially when he isn't even asking for the ban to be removed and fully admits he was in the wrong. Secondly, if he is banned for a year what is the point of beating him over the head with pointless hindsight? Also he is right a year ban for a first offense is harsh, players don't have to bend the knee to the admin overlords or feel their wrath. He was banned for revenge TKing, how many times the admin in game told him to stop is irrelevant.

tl:dr, I see no issue with his ban being shortened, also be nice.

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 01:33:51 AM »
Most of the posts in this thread are not at all constructive. First off this is a ban appeal so there is absolutely no reason for admins to get overly defensive especially when he isn't even asking for the ban to be removed and fully admits he was in the wrong. Secondly, if he is banned for a year what is the point of beating him over the head with pointless hindsight? Also he is right a year ban for a first offense is harsh, players don't have to bend the knee to the admin overlords or feel their wrath. He was banned for revenge TKing, how many times the admin in game told him to stop is irrelevant.

tl:dr, I see no issue with his ban being shortened, also be nice.

This why I told Pyro, his admins are scary.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 01:33:51 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History