Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: snakefrog's "why was I banned?" thread  (Read 2852 times)

Offline snakefrog

snakefrog's "why was I banned?" thread
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:51:48 PM »
So, today I go on the server to find out I was banned. Was this some mistake? why was I banned? The server was a ZM2 server.
Server IP: 198.50.26.34:32000

Who were you banned by: Don't know.

Why were you banned: Don't know.

What server where you banned from: ttt, hidden, etc: ZM2

What date and/or time around were you banned: Not sure.

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:20831486

Your in game name: <DT> Lyra or <DT> Snakefrog

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/snakefrog

Additional comments: Not sure why I was banned. I usually read the rules of the servers I go on, but since I just hop on whatever server has players so sometimes I forget what rules for what servers I am on, so that could be the case.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:02:50 PM by snakefrog »
Let's just say I have SDAI and Dyslexia.

"And on the 5th day the Lord spoke...
... LET'S GIVE TWILIGHT WINGS!" -Corthians 15:30

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: snakefrog's "why was I banned?" thread
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:06:05 PM »
Imported Ban
Invoked on    12-28-12 07:56*
Banlength    Permanent
Expires on    Not applicable.
Reason    banned_user.cfg import

So because of this I have no idea who banned you.  You were banned a very long time ago since it's an import from one of our very old SourceBan move overs.

I'll wait and see if any admin knows why you were banned.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:06:05 PM »

Offline snakefrog

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:08:44 PM »
Imported Ban
Invoked on    12-28-12 07:56*
Banlength    Permanent
Expires on    Not applicable.
Reason    banned_user.cfg import

So because of this I have no idea who banned you.  You were banned a very long time ago since it's an import from one of our very old SourceBan move overs.

I'll wait and see if any admin knows why you were banned.

Well jeez, I have no Idea what I could have done to get a permaban. This must be a mistake since I usually behave well on servers. Perhaps I created an old thread about this before. is there a archive of old threads somewhere?

Also does this apply to all CG servers or just the ZM servers? I'm guessing all, but what could I have done to get a permaban? Interestingly enough, it gave me a message like it was the first time I ever read the ban message, however that is probably because it's imported and it's on ZM2 which I only recently started playing.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:12:17 PM by snakefrog »

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 02:17:32 PM »
Ok,  Give it a little time.  Hopefully, the Admin who banned you sees this appeal, and responds, so we can figure out this issue.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »
It would apply to everything that runs of sourcebans.

Is there even a way to figure out who banned him? Since its an import it could be very old.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »

Is there even a way to figure out who banned him? Since its an import it could be very old.

I'm trying to get a hold of Raunky at the moment. The three admins who could have banned him from ZM are Raunky, Arby, or myself.

There's also the possibility that Ellie banned him during one of her fits of bullshit.
Give me a few minutes to try and figure this out.

Offline snakefrog

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »

Perhaps, but how would we know this admin is still with us? (not dead of course, silly)
Hopefully I won't have to wait too long, I'm an impatient human you see.

Anyways, hopefully this all gets sorted out, in the meantime, perhaps I could get some sort of pardon so I can play for a bit? I doubt it :P
I know that's just silly to ask.

I'm trying to get a hold of Raunky at the moment. The three admins who could have banned him from ZM are Raunky, Arby, or myself.

There's also the possibility that Ellie banned him during one of her fits of bullshit.

None of those names ring a bell. Well except for arby, but that could just be because of other people I have met with that name.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 02:30:02 PM »

Good to know somebody remembers it lol.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »
I can get in Contact with Raunky at the moment, but I did look the guy up and the only ban that came up for his name or his Steam ID is the one here.

I will to bet that the ban was made by Ellie before she was removed entirely from the community.
Raunky, Arby and I rarely used long bans, especially perma-ban those were reserved purely for Racism or extreme cases of trolling.

Everything else was either a Slay, Gag, Mute, Kick or 15Minutes - 1Hour bans.
However, Ellie had a tendency to go all out with her powers. (I.E Ban for blocking her, Ban for not doing the objectives properly)

So there is a great chance that this guy fell through the cracks when we undid the damage Ellie caused.

If I have any say in this due to the age of the ban, I'd recommend he's unbanned. The guy has a clean record, it's from a time period where we no longer have the proper records and he took the time to apply for an Unban, so I'd say give it to him.

At the very worst if he's a problem you can just reban him. It's better than keeping him banned and assuming he did something wrong, when in reality he was the victim here.

Offline snakefrog

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:38:48 PM »
I can get in Contact with Raunky at the moment, but I did look the guy up and the only ban that came up for his name or his Steam ID is the one here.

I will to bet that the ban was made by Ellie before she was removed entirely from the community.
Raunky, Arby and I rarely used long bans, especially perma-ban those were reserved purely for Racism or extreme cases of trolling.

Everything else was either a Slay, Gag, Mute, Kick or 15Minutes - 1Hour bans.
However, Ellie had a tendency to go all out with her powers. (I.E Ban for blocking her, Ban for not doing the objectives properly)

So there is a great chance that this guy fell through the cracks when we undid the damage Ellie caused.

If I have any say in this due to the age of the ban, I'd recommend he's unbanned. The guy has a clean record, it's from a time period where we no longer have the proper records and he took the time to apply for an Unban, so I'd say give it to him.

At the very worst if he's a problem you can just reban him. It's better than keeping him banned and assuming he did something wrong, when in reality he was the victim here.

Would be nice to know where the ban came from in the first place. I don't want to feel like everybodies gonna look at me the same way people look at their neighboor who has a pink slip.

I'm not racist, nor do I troll like a 12yr old. I am no bad guy I swear, I can break these cuffs.
But seriously thanks. You'll never have any trouble from me. I will probably only be active on your ZM servers if anything.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »

Would be nice to know where the ban came from in the first place. I don't want to feel like everybodies gonna look at me the same way people look at their neighboor who has a pink slip.

I'm not racist, nor do I troll like a 12yr old. I am no bad guy I swear, I can break these cuffs.
But seriously thanks. You'll never have any trouble from me. I will probably only be active on your ZM servers if anything.

That's the problem though, we don't have any possible records of where the ban came from. There are no other bans on you from anywhere else, so it doesn't look like you're a racist or a troll. If anything, given the events that took place around the estimated time of your ban. I'm willing to bet that you were one of the many people falsely banned by a really crappy admin we use to have.

Offline snakefrog

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »

Well, thanks for the help. I will be waiting for the jury to decide my fate.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:52:08 PM by snakefrog »

Offline Pyro

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 03:34:47 PM »
I say; unban this Zombie Mastener and let him start with a clean slate.
He will sail upon seas of bowels of the zombies he had killed and be a good shipmate once again, for he has been keelhauled falsely by one of our former commodores.

Aye!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 04:35:23 PM »
Unban the guy, give him another chance, if he blows it again its on his own head, but a ban that old could have been something improper, as Tic mentioned there was an unstable admin back then...

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »
Unban the guy, give him another chance, if he blows it again its on his own head, but a ban that old could have been something improper, as Tic mentioned there was an unstable admin back then...
Chill everyone, assuming no one takes blaim or responsibility for his ban with reason, then that's exactly what I'd do.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 06:07:36 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal