Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ban Appeal (1w)  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Blush

Ban Appeal (1w)
« on: March 14, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
Global Moderator Comment Comments merged.

I was unaware of the ban appeal format, here it is:
Who were you banned by: ??Mystery?? (I think)

Why were you banned: Random Death Match and Leave

What server where you banned from: ttt, hidden, etc: TTT

What date and/or time around were you banned: Mar 13/13, Maybe 12-2PM

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26932009

Your in game name: [3RP] Blush

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/progamezer

Additional comments: So, I was playing on your server yesterday, and I killed a guy who was standing by a door. The door was being doorspammed, and I just assumed it was he who did it. Now, because I didn't want to waste any admins time, I shot and killed the guy. Afterwards, the door was still being spammed and I basically started apologizing to the guy, and I'd slay myself so nobody would lose karma if they wanted to kill me, and slightly in compensation for the guy. Now, the admin online  asked me why I killed him. Now, at this point, as I was dead but I told him using asay it was an accident and I slayed myself in slight compensation. After apologizing to the guy, I left, because I had private matters I had to deal with. The admin online banned me after I left for a week for RDM n Leave, and I assumed I had straightened everything out and it was safe to leave.
Any help or anybody who could shed light on this would be great.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:46:06 PM by SkiesAhoy »

Offline ??Mystery??

Re: Ban Appeal (1w)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:45:47 PM »
I tried to explain to you that door spamming isn't against the rules and slaying yourself in the current round wouldn't get rid of your punishment in the next round. I don't know if you left before I was able to explain or you just weren't paying attention.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:45:47 PM »

Offline Blush

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »
I believe I heard you when you said doorspamming wasn't allowed, and I said (and I quote) that was silly. I understand that slaying myself wouldn't make up for it, you may notice I said SLIGHT compensation. As well, I said before I thought we had straightened it out and it was safe to leave. I've actually played on the server quite a lot, and I've seen people slain or kicked or even banned for doorspam.

Offline ??Mystery??

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »
I've been kind of inactive these past few months, but to my knowledge door spamming has always been allowed on the the TTT server. It's possible you're thinking of a different server.

And just because you thought it was straightened out, doesn't mean it was. You should have told me you had to personal stuff to do and I probably would have let it slide, but since you didn't it was safe to assume you had just RDM and left with out caring about the consequences.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:59:35 PM by ??Mystery?? »

Offline Blush

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 02:11:40 PM »
I'm still unaware of whether this appeal was accepted or denied, but I'll keep talking anyways.
I felt as if I had already wasted a lot of your time already and just assumed it was all good. That's my main problem, I make assumptions.
I personally believe one case of RDM and leaving after I assumed it was okay shouldn't have the duration ban of a week. At least now we got this straightened out.
As well, I do play on multiple servers, this one less frequently, so it could have all been a simple mistake. My memory is not the greatest.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
Do you remember who the guy you killed was? Maybe reach out to him and ask him to verify he didn't want a slay or even didn't care.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Blush

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
No, unfortunately I left before catching his name, it might have been nucleartaco, I'm not sure though. I have no way of contacting him, in any case.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »
I get home in 2-3 hours I'll check with taco if it was him. Otherwise I'll check the log if I can.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Blush

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 09:34:36 PM »
Any update on this being appealed or not? I maintain that a week was too long for such a little offence, as I've explained I didn't leave to avoid punishment.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 09:38:58 PM »
Patience young Padiwan. The time will come.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 09:55:29 PM »
The name seems familiar,  pretty sure it was on winter mansion and I gave the steam ID to  mystery. I don't remember seeing anything in admin chat, or that you had killed yourself. Doorspamming is not killable, so it was rdm and leave. Please be patient.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Blush

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
No, it was on 67thway. And Mystery was the only admin online. And why would doorspam be allowed? :P

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:19 PM »
No, it was on 67thway. And Mystery was the only admin online. And why would doorspam be allowed? :P

Let me enlighten you

http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=6420.0
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 12:15:12 AM »
I stood in front of the door that was being doorspammed with my back to the door. Blush as a detective runs up to me and blows my head off with his shotty. I wanted him slayed because I don't think it is very hard to read the rules that pop up right when you join. Also there was no possible way I could have done it if doorspamming was against the rules.

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

Offline Blush

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »
Well, my apologies Taco, by the time I started shooting you you had just turned around, and I assumed that opening door was like climbing ladders, you don't need to face it to do it. I don't play TTT often, and the servers I do play on make doorspam a bannable offence, and I didn't want to get an admin involved so I just killed you.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal