Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Perma Ban Appeal  (Read 5401 times)

Offline AbkaFlab

Re: Perma Ban Appeal
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 10:34:24 PM »
I don't mind him, he didn't seem like a troll or he was being bothersome when I was ever on. I don't recall him rdming ever either except maybe once or twice. Its not up to me though so thats just my two cents.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »
Cix is gagged EVERYTIME I get on. Most of the times by me, but I've seen other admins gag him. I feel like I've seen him rdm but I don't remember for sure if he was or not. It depends on the reason he was banned. If he was banned for breaking a rule, keep him banned. If he was banned for his past, unban him as we don't ban for things done on servers in the past.

Note: The people who appealed and won their unperma ban were unbanned due to WG related (or sketchy) bans not breaking rules on a server.

He was banned because after I googled his steam ID to check his history out, I saw that WE banned him for mass RDM last year
http://clans.ultimategamehost.com/36786c3a/bans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:24968088&Submit

But I don't understand why you would say unban him Tower if its a previous things. Permabans are suppose to be permanent and seems like he did not care about it then to make a ban appeal.

I don't think he RDM'ed today but seems like the other admins have ran into him before and well as you can tell doesn't seem like he has changed his ways.

I'll defer to Cortez if he wants to give him one more chance.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 10:54:19 PM »
Permabans are suppose to be permanent and seems like he did not care about it then to make a ban appeal.
He obviously cares to some extent considering he just appealed.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 11:11:48 PM »
Permabans are suppose to be permanent and seems like he did not care about it then to make a ban appeal.

A full year AFTER being permabanned??

So the only reason why he was on the server, was because we don't have sourcebans anymore aka he would have stayed permabanned until an appeal was made.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »

So the only reason why he was on the server, was because we don't have sourcebans anymore aka he would have stayed permabanned until an appeal was made.
Maybe he spent that year repenting his sins?I just don't see why other people unbanned due to sourcebans like snak weren't rebanned immediately. Do we have any kind of policy for this kind of stuff or are we just deciding whether or not we like the person?

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »
Crow, I thought he was banned for a week for mass rdm and had multiple bans on other servers. If he was perma-banned for mass rdm keep him banned. I misunderstood.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 11:51:23 PM »

Maybe he spent that year repenting his sins?I just don't see why other people unbanned due to sourcebans like snak weren't rebanned immediately. Do we have any kind of policy for this kind of stuff or are we just deciding whether or not we like the person?

Its more of a case by case situation. I never agreed with unbanning Snak, but others did.

Gotcha Tower. I think you and me are on the same page now.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:36 AM »
Blackllama, not everything is so black and white. After the Wholegrain fiasco we had to take a step back and reevaluate the bans that had taken place for the wrong reasons. Yes, some people were given a second change but that is because they asked after it was all over, showing that they might actually have cared about CG at some point. The only reason cixelsyD was unbanned was because not all of the sourcebans got carried over. If we give cixelsyD a second chance for no apparent reason then we would have to give every single hacker, ghoster or RDMer that was ever permanently banned a second chance as well. When it comes to legitimate bans for broken rules, permanent means permanent. I'm going to leave this open for more discussion but this is my verdict until convinced otherwise.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 12:15:20 AM »
Blackllama, not everything is so black and white. After the Wholegrain fiasco we had to take a step back and reevaluate the bans that had taken place for the wrong reasons. Yes, some people were given a second change but that is because they asked after it was all over, showing that they might actually have cared about CG at some point. The only reason cixelsyD was unbanned was because not all of the sourcebans got carried over. If we give cixelsyD a second chance for no apparent reason then we would have to give every single hacker, ghoster or RDMer that was ever permanently banned a second chance as well. When it comes to legitimate bans for broken rules, permanent means permanent. I'm going to leave this open for more discussion but this is my verdict until convinced otherwise.
I still don't understand why snak is being associated with wholegrain. Wholegrain had literally nothing to do with it. He was perma'd for Mass rdm and trolling. He was no longer banned because of sourcebans. He never appealed it. People decided to let him stay.

The snak ban should not have been reevaluated because of WG. It had absolutely nothing to do with WG besides WG unbanning him once in the distant past. I would like to highlight the "If we give cixelsyD a second chance for no apparent reason then we would have to give every single hacker, ghoster or RDMer that was ever permanently banned a second chance as well. When it comes to legitimate bans for broken rules, permanent means permanent.". If this statement holds true, then we should be unbanning everyone from sourcebans because of this. We unbanned snak the exact same way that was just described. Again, it was not because of WG. There is still a thread out there where it was discussed to let him stay.

This is very inconsistent, and I don't feel it is right to just pick and choose who we unban and don't, if they are in the same situation. Obviously letting Snak back in wasn't Cortez's decision, and this case it is his decision. I still think we need to decide on whether or not bans from SB should be carried over so we can be consistent about this.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 12:34:09 AM »
Well, make a post in the office or in the ban/unban section. We can have a grand old time voting on that.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 01:51:09 AM »
Those people were unbanned because of WG leaving, Snak was a completely different reason and subject. I don't get why he would be thrown into that melting pot.

Incorrect.  Snak was unbanned in the "Great Unbanning." I know cause I was in on the decision process. You do not know, cause you were not a CL, nor requested by CL to review the permabans to remove, as I was.   Due to WG being a tool, and  WG's requesting the rebanning Snak, he was given a second chance... Yes, the thread is out there, and did get discussed, but the primary reason was the Unbanning, not the thread...

So, the inconsistency you perceive, did not exist...

Trust me, the Unbanning, all of the bans removed, were discussed, with CL, the former CL (me,) and several HA, and several Vets.  Several were suggested by HA, CL, Vets, Admin, and even regulars of CG.
If you notice, several of the bans remained.  (Ellie, San445, Exultion, etc.)  They were not unbanned, due to the fact WG had nothing remotely to do with their bans.

"Blackllama, not everything is so black and white." Sure it is. If it isnt bLACKllAMA, its his brother, White.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:01:49 AM by Cadaver »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 02:54:13 AM »
Those people were unbanned because of WG leaving, Snak was a completely different reason and subject. I don't get why he would be thrown into that melting pot.

Incorrect.  Snak was unbanned in the "Great Unbanning." I know cause I was in on the decision process. You do not know, cause you were not a CL, nor requested by CL to review the permabans to remove, as I was.   Due to WG being a tool, and  WG's requesting the rebanning Snak, he was given a second chance... Yes, the thread is out there, and did get discussed, but the primary reason was the Unbanning, not the thread...

So, the inconsistency you perceive, did not exist...

Trust me, the Unbanning, all of the bans removed, were discussed, with CL, the former CL (me,) and several HA, and several Vets.  Several were suggested by HA, CL, Vets, Admin, and even regulars of CG.
If you notice, several of the bans remained.  (Ellie, San445, Exultion, etc.)  They were not unbanned, due to the fact WG had nothing remotely to do with their bans.

"Blackllama, not everything is so black and white." Sure it is. If it isnt bLACKllAMA, its his brother, White.
I still don't understand what WG had to do with snak, but I don't think I ever will at this point. You probably know I disagree with using WG as a reason to unban all of those people. I was trying to talk about the ttt ban, not the forum ban. The ttt ban was the same situation as cix. Perma'd on SB. Was playing on server anyway. Snak was allowed too play, Cix wasn't. This was before Snak appealed the forum ban, before you had your big meeting about unbanning him. Why don't we give Cix the same thing we gave Snak? Unban him, see if he fucks it up, reban him if he does. Aren't you a fan of the saying "Give them enough rope and they will hang themself"? Why not give him the rope, and see if he hangs himself.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 05:30:23 AM »

He trolls. I even asked him to stop glitching the map and he pretty much told me to fuck myself -_- not in those words mind you.

If you don't learn your lesson the first, second, third time...WTF should we allow you to frequent our servers?

Breaking a rule is one thing...you can claim ignorance...however hard that is considering the big ass list of dos and don'ts when you join the server. Which reading is not optional if you wish to stay on the server.

But if someone asks you to stop breaking a rule. you apologize, and then you refrain from doing said bullshit again.

If you cared to play with us on our servers, you wouldn't be such an azzhat while you're on them.

nuff said.

-Wooley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline caboose74

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 06:48:23 AM »
I play with him , he did troll a bit but isnt a big trouble he's just new on the server and didnt know / remember all of our rules ,

about that the glitch that wooley is talking , I'm pretty sure i was on when that happen , I told im not to do it again , and didnt try to do it again

I think he should be unbanned and we have to keep a eyes on him seen he didnt cause any big trouble when he came back on the server
he was ban for previous ban and it wasnt because he break a rules when he was on , give him his chance and see what happen , I'm sure he'll learn and if he didn't we'll be gone for a long time

Offline Tyber

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 08:01:44 AM »
I play with him , he did troll a bit but isnt a big trouble he's just new on the server and didnt know / remember all of our rules
That's no excuse, there's an MOTD that shows up upon entering the server.

Here's what I see, if he cared for the server and truly wished to stay, he should have kept his nose clean, he didn't. We've banned him once, gagged him 8+ times and slain him at least once for RDM.

You get no sympathy from me.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:03:18 AM by Tyber »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 08:01:44 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal