Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [ZM] Tictac's Admin App because why not?  (Read 9165 times)

Offline Dante

Re: [ZM] Tictac's Admin App because why not?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 02:38:35 AM »
-1 He tends to push trolling a bit too much.

Revenge RDM'ed in TTT. He was banned for this. While it isn't a vac ban it happened on dec 31st
I never see him troll. And that Incident was handled poorly on all parties.
@Black He said it wasn't an abuse claim. I think tictac would do fine as A zm admin.
And if he fucks up? Remove him from admin.(Doubt he will do anything bad).

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 02:54:45 AM »
Dante you are barely on TTT that's why you haven't seen him troll. This was also a few months ago, he did stop when I told him he was taking a bit too far though. I don't know what he's like on ZM I'm speaking from what I've seen. My problem is with the him not meeting the qualifications not him as a person. I think he made a human mistake as many people have and will.

From what I hear he'd be a great admin I'm just pointing out he doesn't meet the qualifications. Everyone jumps on the post count band wagon but when it's a ban (some one did something wrong rather than not be around long enough) it seems like most people are just looking the other way. Revenge RDM is a pretty big no-no on TTT and for someone who's been around this long he should know better.

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 02:54:45 AM »

Offline Dante

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 03:05:05 AM »
Your right in not on TTT  much, but that is because when I do get on I get annoyed because I witness what happened to Tictac happen to others, it looks like half your admins are their to handle their own rdms. It sickens me half the time, I witness Regs and some Vets waiting rounds to slay anyone for rdming anyone other than them but if they get rdmed, almost instant slay or ban.
Buy this is offtopic.

Ontopic: I understand the rule but my thinking is, if he truly can do a good job as admin, why bother over one small incedent(/rdm), especially if they apologize or say sorry. Why not let them just try.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:45 AM »
Dante you are barely on TTT that's why you haven't seen him troll. This was also a few months ago, he did stop when I told him he was taking a bit too far though. I don't know what he's like on ZM I'm speaking from what I've seen. My problem is with the him not meeting the qualifications not him as a person. I think he made a human mistake as many people have and will.

From what I hear he'd be a great admin I'm just pointing out he doesn't meet the qualifications. Everyone jumps on the post count band wagon but when it's a ban (some one did something wrong rather than not be around long enough) it seems like most people are just looking the other way. Revenge RDM is a pretty big no-no on TTT and for someone who's been around this long he should know better.

Two things the Post Count isn't so much about not meeting the Qualifications as it is about joining just to be an Admin.
I'm sure if someone who was a longtime member of CG's TTT and well respected walked in and applied for Admin I don't see a single person having a problem with that.

However, the vast majority are people (From all games) Who play two or three times join and immediately make an Admin App.

My personal opinion is that the Post count is to let other members get a feel for that member. However, if they're well known and play the server often enough an admin can easily vouch for that player, showing that they do in fact understand the rules and fit the proper material to be an admin.

I believe the Ban rule would be along the same lines. We don't want "Joe" who just finished a two week ban for Mass RDM + Leave join the forums and then a week later he's applying for Admin.

Joe's first impression is a terrible one, showing an extremely lack of maturity and we have no idea what kind of person Joe is outside of the ban he had. He could be a great guy who had a bad day. In which case after a month or two when everyone gets better knowing of him.

I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to apply with a ban on his record two months old. Everyone has bad days and bad days tend to lead to bad decision. EVERYONE has that kind of day.

However when we're talking about long term members (Myself and others) who have a bad day, we already know, that's not who that person is. Sure they should be on a watch for a little bit, but there shouldn't be a Half Year surveillance team watching their every move.

If for example, say Inject has a Bad day, life has been throwing all of its shit at him and he joins TTT for a nice relaxing game. Several minutes later, he beginning his traitor round and five seconds later someone shoots him in the back. Now combining all of that stress and this little straw that broke him, he Revenge Kills him the next round.

Nobody is going to question Inject on him being a rule breaker or a possible threat as an Admin. We know him well enough to understand that the event in question is completely out of character and the result of stress combined with a release of bottled rage.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 03:50:06 AM »
That link is one of the few experiences I've had with tictac, there really haven't been many.

it looks like half your admins are their to handle their own rdms. It sickens me half the time, I witness Regs and some Vets waiting rounds to slay anyone for rdming anyone other than them but if they get rdmed, almost instant slay or ban.

Ontopic: I understand the rule but my thinking is, if he truly can do a good job as admin, why bother over one small incedent(/rdm), especially if they apologize or say sorry. Why not let them just try.
If admins aren't doing their jobs, report it. On the apology note: I don't think there was any form of apology/make up form either party after that incident (at least that I could see). Tictac posted something in the shoutbox about being done with cg, and ashes never commented on the 'shut the fuck up'.

However, I remember there was some kind of drama in the brony music thread, and in the end tictac made an effort to set things right and showed he's willing to talk things out, which is a good trait to have.

Offline Tyber

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 03:55:30 AM »
Tower and TicTac have good points, But  ZM needs all the help it can get, it's not like there's never been exceptions before.

Give him a shot, if he screws up, take it away.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »
Tower and TicTac have good points, But  ZM needs all the help it can get, it's not like there's never been exceptions before.

Give him a shot, if he screws up, take it away.

This, essentially.

Regardless of everything TicTac may or may not have done in the past, we HAVE been more than comprehensive before with other members, I do not see why we could not let his previous record slip by and accept him, specially considering that the past issue has been remedied. TicTac is a good guy, and he knows ZM better than most people in the community. He would be an asset for the server.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:45:19 AM by SkiesAhoy »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 12:00:14 PM »
Personally, I know that being told to "shut the fuck up" can make you angry but it's not that big of a deal. If you spamming shit in the chat that you know contradicts the rules than you should be glad you weren't instantly gagged, reporting or not. Sometimes things on TTT get quite hectic and an admin just needs a second to sort everything out. As a player it's not your decision to make the punishment, that would ruin the point of having admins.

Regardless of this incident I think Tictac deserves this. He wants to help a server that needs as much help as he can get and he has been around for quite some time. Besides, it's ZM, how much can you fuck up anyways.

+1
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
Personally, I know that being told to "shut the fuck up" can make you angry but it's not that big of a deal. If you spamming shit in the chat that you know contradicts the rules than you should be glad you weren't instantly gagged, reporting or not. Sometimes things on TTT get quite hectic and an admin just needs a second to sort everything out. As a player it's not your decision to make the punishment, that would ruin the point of having admins.

Regardless of this incident I think Tictac deserves this. He wants to help a server that needs as much help as he can get and he has been around for quite some time. Besides, it's ZM, how much can you fuck up anyways.

+1

I'll be keeping my eye on him anyhow... like with all the other admangs.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Pillz

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 02:51:12 PM »
I'd also like to point out all servers are different and since I've made exceptions to the rules for ZPS before, it wouldn't be too much if we made an exception to the ban rule here. This isnt a stranger were dealing with and he knows what he did was wrong to a degree; Tictac knows the rules to ZM and he deserves a chance as at least trial. If he can't prove himself worthy to you all then we take it away.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2013, 04:10:32 PM »
I'd also like to point out all servers are different and since I've made exceptions to the rules for ZPS before, it wouldn't be too much if we made an exception to the ban rule here. This isnt a stranger were dealing with and he knows what he did was wrong to a degree; Tictac knows the rules to ZM and he deserves a chance as at least trial. If he can't prove himself worthy to you all then we take it away.

/agree and +1

We have trial admin for a reason. Understand that if granted admin you will now be under surveillance for a year -_-

cheers,
-WOoley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »

We have trial admin for a reason. Understand that if granted admin you will now be under surveillance for a year -_-

And where does this magical and completely insane rule come from?

-Get's banned two months ago
-Is put on surveillance for a year

are you bloody insane?
Trust me, if I have to spend a year with a bunch of admins breathing down my neck for an extremely absurd reason, then I refuse to be an admin.

The ban has nothing to do with my ability to be an admin and if you think I'm going to play along with a year long surveillance team up my ass for a single ban, than oh boy are you wrong.

I understand that I would be on a "Watch" and I'd expect it to be from people that know me, not random CG admins. However a year long surveillance would be beyond bullshit.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:30:14 PM by Tictactoe360 »

Offline Guztav.

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2013, 04:54:10 PM »

And where does this magical and completely insane rule come from?

-Get's banned two months ago
-Is put on surveillance for a year

are you bloody insane?
Trust me, if I have to spend a year with a bunch of admins breathing down my neck for an extremely absurd reason, then I refuse to be an admin.

The ban has nothing to do with my ability to be an admin and if you think I'm going to play along with a year long surveillance team up my ass for a single ban, than oh boy are you wrong.

I understand that I would be on a "Watch" and I'd expect it to be from people that know me, not random CG admins. However a year long surveillance would be beyond bullshit.
I would feel exactly the same. I also agree with you, the ban doesn't have any affect on you being a decent admin, at all. Just because you got banned means you will make a rubbish admin? I don't think so. +1 for Tictac.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »
It's not a rule Tic he was simply saying you'll probably be watched by everyone up until you're promoted to Veteran. Even if he hadn't mentioned surveillance; people would still be watching you and waiting for you to slip up and you know that. From the forums though I'm sure; but again you know the rules AND SO DO I. A FULL COMMITMENT, IS WHAT IM THINKING OF-

But yeah, you should be fine.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2013, 05:30:45 PM »
The ban has nothing to do with my ability to be an admin
It actually has quite a bit to do with it. If you break rules that's bad, and if you rage that is bad as well.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2013, 05:30:45 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal