Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DayZ Standalone Release  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: DayZ Standalone Release
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 02:29:04 AM »
A person should always be able to outrun a mutilated braindead corpse (zombie). It's okay if they can run, but they should never be able to outrun a player. (Unless they're a fatass.)

The zombies in day z were stated to be infeted by virus, and were not techinically a corpse, he said it was more similar to 28 days later.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 11:13:46 AM »
28 days later was not a mediocre movie, you are just too picky.

It received the following:
    Best Horror Film (U.S. Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films — Saturn Award)[citation needed]
    Best British Film (Empire Award)[citation needed]
    Danny Boyle (Grand Prize of European Fantasy Film in Silver)[citation needed]
    Best Director — Danny Boyle (International Fantasy Film Award)[citation needed]
    Best International Film — Danny Boyle (Narcisse Award)[citation needed]
    Best Breakthrough Performance — Naomie Harris (Black Reel)[citation needed]
    Best Cinematographer — Anthony Dod Mantle (European Film Award)[citation needed]

Critical views of the film were very positive. Based on 205 reviews collected by the film review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, 88% of critics gave 28 Days Later a positive review. On Metacritic, the film received a rating of 73 (out of 100) based on 39 reviews.

28 Days Later was a considerable success at the box office and became highly profitable on a budget of about £5 million. In the UK, it took in £6.1 million, while in the US it became a surprise hit, taking over $45 million despite a limited release at fewer than 1,500 screens across the country. The film garnered around $82.7 million worldwide.

Thats not mediocre, that is success.
My dick received the award of InjectSaysIt'sAwsome.

An award means nothing. I don't care how many billions of dollars it made. To me it's mediocre. Think with your own brain not some critics.

Your brain is broken, so you shouldn't think with it.
Personal Attack.
BANNED trollface

But no, your argument to why it's good is still poor and if you honestly can't see that...

Should I tell you how many awards and how much money Transformers made?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 11:13:46 AM »

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 11:43:45 AM »
If they ever unlock the server so its not a dictatorship I might think about playing this game.

If I can't host my own dedicated server with my own rules I don't see the point.

It is like playing an MMO in alpha, run off the backs of others.

-wooley
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »
If they ever unlock the server so its not a dictatorship I might think about playing this game.

If I can't host my own dedicated server with my own rules I don't see the point.

-wooley

You can with the current DayZ.... there are tons of private hives as well as different maps and modifications.

Offline IsYn Wooley

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 02:08:21 PM »

-wooley

You can with the current DayZ.... there are tons of private hives as well as different maps and modifications.

oooh. but the real estate to play that game is too much for me right now. I just reformatted and I want to play some SP games again.

Playing anything on non SSD is like trying to go back to dial up. Just can't be done.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:13:01 PM by IsYn Wooley »
Rated R for Retarded
I'm the devil.

I have an opinion...and I will express said opinion...Deal with it!

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »

-wooley

oooh. but the real estate to play that game is too much for me right now. I just reformatted and I want to play some SP games again.

Dayz+ and Namalsk are the best whenever you come back to it. Dayz+ is set on chernarus like the original, but it makes the zombies hit harder, you run out of stamina eventually, and a lot of the high end military loot is removed from the game. However you can build structures using some of the random junk you find everywhere. Namalsk is a far north island that is sub-arctic, so you have to also worry about sickness a lot more besides just players, zombies, and the super zombies known as bloodsuckers. They have a set perimeter that they patrol, but they've mutated an active camouflage so they stay invisible until you approach and they attack, and they take so many more bullets.

Dayz 2017 just got released too, which is set 5 years after the original so that everything is super hard to get because its all been looted and time has taken its toll.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 04:35:22 PM »
28 days later was not a mediocre movie, you are just too picky.

It received the following:
    Best Horror Film (U.S. Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films — Saturn Award)[citation needed]
    Best British Film (Empire Award)[citation needed]
    Danny Boyle (Grand Prize of European Fantasy Film in Silver)[citation needed]
    Best Director — Danny Boyle (International Fantasy Film Award)[citation needed]
    Best International Film — Danny Boyle (Narcisse Award)[citation needed]
    Best Breakthrough Performance — Naomie Harris (Black Reel)[citation needed]
    Best Cinematographer — Anthony Dod Mantle (European Film Award)[citation needed]

Critical views of the film were very positive. Based on 205 reviews collected by the film review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, 88% of critics gave 28 Days Later a positive review. On Metacritic, the film received a rating of 73 (out of 100) based on 39 reviews.

28 Days Later was a considerable success at the box office and became highly profitable on a budget of about £5 million. In the UK, it took in £6.1 million, while in the US it became a surprise hit, taking over $45 million despite a limited release at fewer than 1,500 screens across the country. The film garnered around $82.7 million worldwide.

Thats not mediocre, that is success.
My dick received the award of InjectSaysIt'sAwsome.

An award means nothing. I don't care how many billions of dollars it made. To me it's mediocre. Think with your own brain not some critics.

Your brain is broken, so you shouldn't think with it.
Personal Attack.
BANNED trollface

But no, your argument to why it's good is still poor and if you honestly can't see that...

Should I tell you how many awards and how much money Transformers made?

Yeah sure, because that wasn't a terrible movie either. I'd say that was a more than mediocre movie that looked amazing, and had a well known story and who isn't going to love giant robots destroying shit?

28 days later, after watching it 5-6 times I can understand why inject doesn't like it but it's still a decent zombie movie, and I don't think it had a very big budget either. I don't think they actors or director knew it'd blow up like it did, but that doesn't mean it's a bad movie. I'm usually just more optimistic about all movies and focus on things I like. The story was very involving and whenever it's on TV I feel the need to watch it again for some reason. The only movie that I found impossible to enjoy was the Last Airbender and a few lame attempts at thriller movies.

Also don't say his opinion to why it's good is poor if you have yet to offer an opinion as to why it's bad.. I'm still curious if you'd like to share.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »
I love DayZ, but has anyone else notice this is just another one of Jakes spam posts?

Anyway, I'm afraid to buy DayZ because it might make my PC explode into a million pieces of "FUCK YOU!"

This is understandable. ArmA II has kind of bad optimization and is, well, massive so it is very demanding.

-wooley

Dayz+ and Namalsk are the best whenever you come back to it. Dayz+ is set on chernarus like the original, but it makes the zombies hit harder, you run out of stamina eventually, and a lot of the high end military loot is removed from the game. However you can build structures using some of the random junk you find everywhere. Namalsk is a far north island that is sub-arctic, so you have to also worry about sickness a lot more besides just players, zombies, and the super zombies known as bloodsuckers. They have a set perimeter that they patrol, but they've mutated an active camouflage so they stay invisible until you approach and they attack, and they take so many more bullets.

Dayz 2017 just got released too, which is set 5 years after the original so that everything is super hard to get because its all been looted and time has taken its toll.

Namalsk is defantly the best map. It's small, there are very few places to get medical supplies, it's cold, food is scarce, vehicles are practially useless, zombies spawn randomly throughout the woods and players a fucking everywhere. It makes it exciting even when you have crap gear.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 09:24:13 PM »
ANOTHER THREAD DERAILED BECAUSE INJECT HATES EVERYTHING  trollface

:P

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »
I love decent zombie movies, but anyways.....

You know you love it Christovski.  parrot

Dayz ftw?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
I loled.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal