Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tyber/Mr. The Doctor  (Read 10256 times)

Offline Old Crow

Re: Tyber/Mr. The Doctor
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 03:46:08 AM »
Alright I checked the logs, this is what I see:

1) The death caused by Camper. The logs as you pointed out don't show the whole picture, and it must have been glitched cause both Leo and Doctor say you did not do it intentionally

2) Camper: Sort of spam but I have seen worse and it should have been a gag to stop, not a ban. I also disagree with your name choice, we all know what it means so you best not be playing on the server with that name.

3) Tyber: You sir are not telling the truth. There were not multiple warnings, there was one in chat (mic is another story, please ). You did not follow proper procedures, which is to gag, then warn about a ban, then the actual ban. You also banned him for spam and admin disrespect, not just spam like you claim.

4) Admins: Guys, you need to ask people why they rdmed. This slay/ban first, ask questions later is not how we do business. Use your heads please, you can tell when somebody is intentionally rdming, and when somebody has accidentally rdmed. I will blame myself for some of this, as I feel we really need a training program at this point, and I have not put much time into TTT cause of RL. Also saying terrible admins is not disrespect unless its repeated/spammed.

Lets see what Tower and Inject have to say about this.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:48:23 AM by Old Crow »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leomire

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 03:47:15 AM »
I see a mis-slay for not getting the whole story, which doc has apologized for, and "big nicked digger" (who I assume is camperstrike) disobeying and disrespecting an admin on something he didn't have the whole story either. You were asked to hold your tongue, you didn't and insulted the admin. I see a just ban.
I don't even see on the rules thread anything saying you can even remotely be banned for this either

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 03:47:15 AM »

Offline Tyber

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49:25 AM »
I see a mis-slay for not getting the whole story, which doc has apologized for, and "big nicked digger" (who I assume is camperstrike) disobeying and disrespecting an admin on something he didn't have the whole story either. You were asked to hold your tongue, you didn't and insulted the admin. I see a just ban.

I never disobeyed anyone since I was never given an order in the first place. All the admins were saying besides the answer I got from Mr. The Doctor was "omg pls stop da spam kty". I never really disrespected anyone either. If the admin can't take criticism without going full ban-happy mode then he's not fit to be an admin. And yes, that was valid criticism. I didn't go on the chat and typed out shit like "hey go fuck yourself you ****got kill yourself".
I said stop spamming ( It's right up there if you want to deny) and saying "terrible admin" is not criticism, it's disrespect.

Oh and the words "rdming" is nowhere in my ban.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 03:50:06 AM »
This actually helps identify a bigger issue which is that the admins don't understand their own rules/are too harsh.

Offline Tyber

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 03:52:04 AM »

1) The death caused by Camper. The logs as you pointed out don't show the whole picture, and it must have been glitched cause both Leo and Doctor say you did not do it intentionally

2) Camper: Sort of spam but I have seen worse and it should have been a gag to stop, not a ban. I also disagree with your name choice, we all know what it means so you best not be playing on the server with that name.

3) Tyber: You sir are not telling the truth. There were not multiple warnings, there was one in chat (mic is another story, please ). You did not follow proper procedures, which is to gag, then warn about a ban, then the actual ban. You also banned him for spam and admin disrespect, not just spam like you claim.

4) Admins: Guys, you need to ask people why they rdmed. This slay/ban first, ask questions later is not how we do business. Use your heads please, you can tell when somebody is intentionally rdming, and when somebody has accidentally rdmed. I will blame myself for some of this, as I feel we really need a training program at this point, and I have not put much time into TTT cause of RL. Also saying terrible admins is not disrespect unless its repeated/spammed.

I added no extra time to the ban, I thought I should just add that in.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:55:11 AM by Tyber »

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 03:53:45 AM »

3) Tyber: You sir are not telling the truth. There were not multiple warnings, there was one in chat (mic is another story, please ). You did not follow proper procedures, which is to gag, then kick then ban for spam. You also banned him for spam and admin disrespect, not just spam like you claim.

Dude, c'mon. I was not spamming. Maybe I was sending out messages rather fast but they were relevant to the discussion/subject, except for the last part in which I called Tyber a terrible admin.

The name doesn't 'mean' anything. Really, I can understand why maybe someone VERY sensitive would find this offensive but it literally doesn't mean anything. Anyone could interpretate any nickname whatever way they wanted to. I do respect the server rules though so I won't be joining it again with a similar name (if I ever rejoin it).

Cookies go here?

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 03:54:17 AM »

Gagging "since admin chat is a command" doesn't stop his ability to use it. And like I said, the admin disrespect added no time to the ban, I just thought I needed to add it.

Except it wasn't disrespect, and even then, its STILL a violation of protocol on your behalf. You don't ban for spam issues, and Old crow looked over the logs/Yankee's picture doesn't show at any point where you muted or gagged him.

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »

I never disobeyed anyone since I was never given an order in the first place. All the admins were saying besides the answer I got from Mr. The Doctor was "omg pls stop da spam kty". I never really disrespected anyone either. If the admin can't take criticism without going full ban-happy mode then he's not fit to be an admin. And yes, that was valid criticism. I didn't go on the chat and typed out shit like "hey go fuck yourself you ****got kill yourself".
I said stop spamming ( It's right up there if you want to deny) and saying "terrible admin" is not criticism, it's disrespect.

Oh and the words "rdming" is nowhere in my ban.

I never did. You're claiming I'm the one lying when in reality you're the one who keep spewing lies nonstop. It's right at the original post where I said that you asked me to stop spamming.
"Terrible admin" isn't disrespect, specially when I had the reason for calling you one. Stop being oversensitive.

Oh, so you do admit that you DID ban me for "disrespecting the admin"?

You keep shooting your own feet. Thanks for proving my point.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:59:06 AM by CamperStrike »
Cookies go here?

Offline Tyber

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 03:59:08 AM »

Gagging "since admin chat is a command" doesn't stop his ability to use it. And like I said, the admin disrespect added no time to the ban, I just thought I needed to add it.

Except it wasn't disrespect, and even then, its STILL a violation of protocol on your behalf. You don't ban for spam issues, and Old crow looked over the logs/Yankee's picture doesn't show at any point where you muted or gagged him.
Spam admin chat: Warning then ban for 1 hour.

Its in the punishment standards.

And thats what I read. I warned, I actually thought you would just stop untill that disrespect, that (to me) showed clear spam.

Nowhere in the punishment standards does it say to gag before the warn/ban.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:01:17 AM by Tyber »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 04:00:39 AM »

As far I as I know, a gag won't disable admin chat. Other then that, I feel like because tyber and yankees are somewhat closer to myself, I should have been on to sort of "mentor" them if you will, I knew that new admins we're rolling in, but I didn't make an effort to brief them on certain aspects of admining on ttt.

Also camper, I would agree with you, this was not spamming, and the admin "disrespect" was not nearly as harsh as anything I've seen before.

This actually helps identify a bigger issue which is that the admins don't understand their own rules/are too harsh.

Kwuartz has a good point. Maybe all the ttt admins including myself need a refresher on how to handle these kinds of things. I never received a formal training myself regarding these kinds of situations, as waffuls was supposed to help me, but she's gone now. I tried to pickup stuff from other admins, this isn't something that takes a day, but a couple weeks to get down to the point.

I'll leave this to the other CL's/Tower.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 04:06:52 AM »

And thats what I read. I warned, I was actually gonna stop untill that disrespect, that (to me) showed clear spam.

Sorry looking at regular rules, as I forgot you can't block out admin chat.

Point is I need to know more about was there a warning over mic, cause one half hearted attempt in chat, for something that really isn't spam, is too far for a ban, even an hour one.

again, calling over chat terrible admins once, isn't disrespectful. twice, or three times and then I can see it but once, not really. I believe the rule about admin disrespect needs to be changed, because its much too broad right now.

@Camper: Sorry, but you and me and everybodies mom knows what it means. Racism is racism and it will not be tolerated.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 04:09:20 AM »
1st of all, 'Terrible Admin' isn't disrespect, not really, its frustration that hes not being answered. Also, one warning and for what, five messages? You are an admin first, player of the game second. Had he been answered in a timely fashion the need for messages would have been finished. Instead, this happened. When you see 'admin disrespect' its more along the lines of 'admin harassment'. You see it as disrespect Tyber, but calling someone a 'terrible admin' isn't disrespect, its a matter of perspective.

Had it been more along the lines of spamming the admin chat or saying:
"FUCK YOU ADMINS"x3
"Tyber is a ******"

Or something along those lines, sure, thats disrespect.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:11:08 AM by Kwaurtz »

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 04:09:51 AM »

And thats what I read. I warned, I was actually gonna stop untill that disrespect, that (to me) showed clear spam.

Point is I need to know more about was there a warning over mic, cause one half hearted attempt in chat, for something that really isn't spam, is too far for a ban, even an hour one.

again, calling over chat terrible admins once, isn't disrespectful. twice, or three times and then I can see it but once, not really. I believe the rule about admin disrespect needs to be changed, because its much too broad right now.

@Camper: Sorry, but you and me and everybodies mom knows what it means. Racism is racism and it will not be tolerated.

Okay, so you might want to make clear that admins aren't immune to that rule. I'm not gonna point out names but they'll most likely read this (or already are) and they know what I'm talking about.
Cookies go here?

Offline Tyber

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 04:16:32 AM »

I'm sure I did, as I really can't see myself giving him one warning then sitting and waiting until he typed all of that and not warn again.

And kwuartz I answered him, and since I was afk I didn't know anything of the ban, and doctor wasn't answering him it looked like spam.

I answered why he was slain, he kept on about it, doctor, who slayed him, wasn't responding to him, this made me feel like it was said and done, so he was spamming.

Again, I'm sure I warned again over mic ( scratch that, almost positive ) he then said a couple more things then said "horrible admin".

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:27 AM »
At no point does it look like spam or admin disrespect. He was inquiring about why he got slayed, got an answer, gave a rebuttal, said "terrible admins" then banned.

If it had just been left alone there with no ban, this would probably be nothing, but Tyber, you jumped the gun. If Doctor is the one dealing with it, you should probably let him unless he asks for help, or somebody is truly spamming/ needs to be dealt with. Doctor even said that it was a mistake to slay him.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:27 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal