Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Caboose randomly slaying  (Read 5058 times)

Offline symbolzzzz

Caboose randomly slaying
« on: December 27, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »
Name of player reporting abuse: Symmy

Steam ID, to facilitate unban if applicable: Wasn't banned

Server:  TTT

Admin who is suspected of the abuse: Caboose74

In which server did the abuse occur?: ConjointGaming.com | TTT customized #1

What occurred, what did the abuse consist of: Caboose randomly slayed me in order to get an advantage in his T round. (Read the comment thing)

What time and day did it happen (put down your time zone too): 1:02 Friday, 28 December 0:03:50 a.m

Please link any evidence (videos, screen shots, etc.): First screenshot is him slaying me http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116243515
Second and third are me asking for a reason http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116243618  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116243695
The last one is the chat log from the round this whole thing (I assume so anyway) stared from http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116245956

Additional comments: It was regular old round of TTT on 67th_way. Early in the match Vopla,Joker and XtraKiller were in the same small area. Vopla said he was with Joker, Joker said he was with Vopla, a few seconds later Vopla said that XtraKiller was a suspcicious (From the words: "You got-" I assumed that the traitor had a T only weapon) and then died. From that I assumed
1)XtraKiller was to be KOS'd as he was with Vopla, Vopla called him suspicious then died,XtraKiller made no effort to ID the corpse
2) Since Joker said HE WAS WITH Vopla, when Vopla got killed by XtraKiller, but made no attempt to call out XtraKiller and was therefore his traitor buddy.

I called a KoS on both of them (Joker andXtraKiller) for the above stated reasons. Around a minute or so later the corpse of Joker was found, oddly enough he was an innocent (regardless he was still with a traitor and made no attempt to call him out or kill him). To make things that much better turns out that XtraKiller had killed him so it couldn't possibly be RDM.

Afterwards XtraKiller was killed and the round went on its merry way.

The map changed and we found ourselves on GasDump, the round started. Everything was fine and then as the round had started I was slayed. No warning. No question, just slayed. I asked Caboose 3 times in admin chat for a reason, he just ignored me and kept playing.

I am not as upset by that fact that i was slayed (I was an inno and the map was pretty bad) but rather at the fact that Caboose gave me no warning or information and just decided me being dead is a good thing.

Color coded to make it easier to read
Green= The person whos last words everything was based on [HE WAS NOT A DEDECTIVE]
Orange= The innocent that didn't call out a traitor who he was next to
Red= Traitor
I need a new sig...

Offline Kwaurtz

Re: Caboose randomly slaying
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:19:30 PM »
With the situation described, and the fact that Symbolzzz was a long time TTT admin, I'd have to say that this was unwarranted, and rdm. The lack of addressing a concern with a player also shows a lack of professionalism. When you volunteer to admin the server, you administrate first, play second.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:19:30 PM »

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »
From that I assumed

You assumed. Im pretty sure that the rule is you cant kill on assumption, but ask an admin to be sure. And did you try to message caboose on steam? Normally people answer if you try that. I would wait until Caboose posts to see what happened.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »
From that I assumed

You assumed. Im pretty sure that the rule is you cant kill on assumption, but ask an admin to be sure. And did you try to message caboose on steam? Normally people answer if you try that. I would wait until Caboose posts to see what happened.

Generally, its fairly safe to assume when someone is with someone else, and they kill them, and don't say a pip about an un-ided body or anything about it, they are probably a traitor. If you actually read the circumstances, I'd have done the same thing in Symbolzzz shoes.

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »
From that I assumed

I saw Randomtrait shoot Randomdetective so I assumed that Randomtraitor is in fact a traitor and therefore I should kill him. [NOT WHAT HAPPENED HERE] I can't possibly KNOW that someone is or is not a traitor (Unless I am a traitor as well) so everything from last words to DNA is still assumptions.

And if people deem this as RDM then fine by me, I messed up and will learn from it. The problem is that he didn't say ANYTHING. I can't possibly know WHY I was slain because I don't know.
I need a new sig...

Offline oobla37

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 10:39:25 PM »
From that I assumed

I saw Randomtrait shoot Randomdetective so I assumed that Randomtraitor is in fact a traitor and therefore I should kill him. [NOT WHAT HAPPENED HERE] I can't possibly KNOW that someone is or is not a traitor (Unless I am a traitor as well) so everything from last words to DNA is still assumptions.

And if people deem this as RDM then fine by me, I messed up and will learn from it. The problem is that he didn't say ANYTHING. I can't possibly know WHY I was slain because I don't know.

ehh, 67thway, I mistakengingly push my im with key instead of I see key, and some people just have an I'm with key. It could have been any situation, such as joker going down a ladder, or leaving to another area, or having a detectives teleporter and teleporting away, or going into the gunstore and down into the teleporter, because joker was inno, it supports my theory that he was just passing by vopla and vopla called out the suspicion 10 seconds later. I say it's RDM on Joker, normally people only call out the guy in last words. I would have probably slain you even with your explanation, since it is serious suspicion to KOS someone for being with someone before they send out last words. Cabooses's behavior of not explaining why he slayed you is inexcusable though.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »
Here's what I see:

Symbolz did not know if Joker saw the kill or was even around the dead body. He saw them together before (and maybe after?) but he didn't see the kill.

He assumed the traitor was the last person who Vulpa was just talking about. Mind you, 67th has a lot of Teleporters. Unless we knew where he died it's hard to tell what happened.

That aside Oobla is right that you should not slay without reason if asked for one.

Symbolz I have 2 questions for you:
1. Did you see Joker near the un'ided or did you just assume he was there when it happened?
2. Where was he killed?

Caboose I have some for you as well:
1. What proof did you have to slay him?
2. Why didn't you answer his questions?

(I'm going to look into the logs to check BOTH sides of the story and I'll post what I find shortly)

by Kwaurtz

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »
1. Did you see Joker near the un'ided or did you just assume he was there when it happened?
2. Where was he killed?
(I'm going to look into the logs to check BOTH sides of the story and I'll post what I find shortly)
I did not witness it taking place, I was at the farm the whole time. However the things said in the chat were literally seconds apart from each other. That is to say Joker saying he was near Vopla and then Vopla saying his last words. If this situation is deemed RDM then again, fine by me, it was never the reason to for making this thread. The problem was Caboose not saying anything.
I need a new sig...

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 11:04:22 PM »
Okay, I'll wait for his response then.

Just for the future if you don't see the kill (especially on a map like 67th) don't assume they are close. 67th has multiple teleporters. The traitor could have easily waited for the 2nd inno to use the tp in order to get an easy kill

by Kwaurtz

Offline caboose74

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »
you call out 2 player on suspicion , they were not in last word or something that could cause a kos on them. You have no proof and it's could be anyone on the map , you could only suspect them. It's not  because  they said " I'm With XXXXX" 5-10 sec  before he die that mean they are both kos. The only thing we know it's could be one of them because we see in last word were ' you got" then he die

you kos Joker first according to " I'm with someome" then after we found Joker was inno you then call " xtrakiller" because your first call out was wrong and you assume one of them kill him .

I told you during the round on 67way that was rdm call out, and I did it during  the round on gas dump but you were already dead then I told you again   after the round end because you were still asking but never said anything else
joker ask me to slay you for his rdm call out and i did agree so i slay you because you cause his dead on suspicion

Offline oobla37

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 11:23:44 PM »
you call out 2 player on suspicion , they were not in last word or something that could cause a kos on them. You have no proof and it's could be anyone on the map , you could only suspect them. It's not  because  they said " I'm With XXXXX" 5-10 sec  before he die that mean they are both kos. The only thing we know it's could be one of them because we see in last word were ' you got" then he die

you kos Joker first according to " I'm with someome" then after we found Joker was inno you then call " xtrakiller" because your first call out was wrong and you assume one of them kill him .

I told you during the round on 67way that was rdm call out, and I did it during  the round on gas dump but you were already dead then I told you again   after the round end because you were still asking but never said anything else
joker ask me to slay you for his rdm call out and i did agree so i slay you because you cause his dead on suspicion

Did you tell him in voice chat or through chat?

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline caboose74

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »
with voice chat

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 11:32:42 PM »
If they keep asking can you just type it once so it will be in the logs. This way I can prove that you responded because right now I have no way to prove if you explained it unless someone from the server comes in and says if they heard you or not

by Kwaurtz

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »
I heard nothing in voice chat from you, nor did I see your talk icon.
you call out 2 player on suspicion
No, one of them was based on last words, just look at the 4th image.
I need a new sig...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35:30 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal