Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: StormOfAshes ban appeal  (Read 2226 times)

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

StormOfAshes ban appeal
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:51:48 AM »
Who were you banned by: oobla

Why were you banned: Low karma

What server where you banned from: ttt

What date and/or time around were you banned: Around 10:45 pm North East America.

Steam ID:STEAM_0010585181

Your in game name: StormOfAshes

Link to your steam page:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981436090

Additional comments: Alot of confusion during that round, alot of rdm and revenge rdm. Plus the people calling others out made it even more difficult to understand what was happening. My karma was affected, it got lower and lower, but my intentions weren't bad.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:56:15 AM by (QC) Spell Bound »
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Tyber

Re: StormOfAshes ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 01:56:49 AM »
I can attest to this. There was a guy with 10X rdm and a LOT of rdm going on. I personally had to fight some myself, however not this severe. Oobla even knows this is unjust and just down right horrible to see. Storm is mature, funny and overall a great player, it's a real shame to see this happen. Please unban him... NAO!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 01:56:49 AM »

Offline oobla37

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 02:00:52 AM »
I vouch for an unban, there was a guy with 10 rdms that round and all the people that Storm killed were attempting to kill him. It dropped his karma from roughly 950 to 650. sitting out a round was not enough and I was forced to ban him, storm is a great player, I have no had problems with him in the past, and this should not count towards him being banned in admin apps and such. He was wrong place wrong time from what I assume was a group of rdmers that left after they got slain. so yeah. UNBAN PLEASE

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Prince LunaShy

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 02:02:27 AM »
Unban or babies will be feasted upon.

"If violence isn't the answer, you're not using enough." - DustTraveler
(=CG=) StormOfAshes: YOU JUST LOST YOUR VIRGINITY
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: XD
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: nope
≈EBS≈ (=CG=) Prince Lunashy: that's locked up tighter than fort knox
I humped a three year old last night.
Her name was ??Mystery??
"Fuck the rules, I can break as many as I want."
Good by RebelMaster, please let the door hit you on your way out.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 02:11:20 AM »
I vouch for an unban, there was a guy with 10 rdms that round and all the people that Storm killed were attempting to kill him. It dropped his karma from roughly 950 to 650. sitting out a round was not enough and I was forced to ban him, storm is a great player, I have no had problems with him in the past, and this should not count towards him being banned in admin apps and such. He was wrong place wrong time from what I assume was a group of rdmers that left after they got slain. so yeah. UNBAN PLEASE

I'm not really sure why you banned him in the first place if you didn't want him banned, but alright. Keep in mind if a player is under 700 karma and they haven't been trying to RDM at all you don't have to ban them. After all it is quite a bit of work to unban people atm with evolve.

But yes, sounds like an unban is needed. Hopefully someone with the access can get to that.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 02:22:01 AM »

I'm not really sure why you banned him in the first place if you didn't want him banned, but alright. Keep in mind if a player is under 700 karma and they haven't been trying to RDM at all you don't have to ban them. After all it is quite a bit of work to unban people atm with evolve.

But yes, sounds like an unban is needed. Hopefully someone with the access can get to that.

The current wording of the rule is that it is a guaranteed ban, no matter what.

7. Karma below 700 will be banned.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 02:23:42 AM »

The current wording of the rule is that it is a guaranteed ban, no matter what.

7. Karma below 700 will be banned.
There is a reason we're not using the karma autoban like a lot of servers.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 02:29:17 AM »
I thought I was required to ban him, otherwise it's favourtism?

By kwuartz

Offline Tyber

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 02:32:21 AM »
And oobla was being pressured into the ban. An unban would be awesome!

Offline caboose74

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 02:33:58 AM »
my karma drop so many time under 700 and i didnt get ban, why ? because there's so many troll the night and i was defending myself , if he kill someone to defend himself it's alright

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 02:34:56 AM »
If the player has been causing trouble/rdming then they should be banned, but if it is a result of rdm self defense, crowbar fights, or anything along those lines it's really just a waste of time if you're going to have them appeal on the forum and vouch for their unban XD.

If they were actually breaking server rules and you chose not to ban them it would be favoritism, but I see no harm in giving people a round or two to raise their karma if they haven't been RDMing. Use your best judgement.

If players are trying to pressure you into doing something, tell them to F-off and let you do your job (Maybe politer than that though). If it was an admin, tell them to do it themselves if you do not agree with it.

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 02:41:33 AM »
This ban is like banning jesus, +1 storm has never done a bad thing in TTT, unlike me.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 02:52:25 AM »
Did you permaban the other guy? Somebody unban him, I am not home.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 02:54:18 AM »
hmm? the 10 rdms guy? yeah, btw I'm gonna screen all of the rdm 7+ I ban and compile them into the worst round of ttt ever :D

By kwuartz

Offline Ashes Relandi

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 04:59:46 AM »
Only person who can do a FULL unban is inject. otherwise if it doesn't work (pretty sure its a wee ban) then wait it out.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 04:59:46 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal