Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Insurgency Server?  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Insurgency Server?
« on: November 04, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »
Is there any want of an Insurgency server? I suggest anyone who likes Counter Strike or deathmatch games in general:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/17700/

it's considered a "realistic" counterpart to CSS, if you're in to that. It's even fun when you die because it usually makes sense where you died from unlike in CSS where a punk ass bitch with his AWP is just killing everyone he sees up close that motherfucker

unless you count the random rpgs that sometimes kill you when they shouldn't, and the two-shot kill for many guns, it's pretty fun. Would be pretty easy to populate as long as we have a starting base of people from the community, as only like 4 servers are ever populated at a time and then a bunch of others with no players.

I suggest having the mod that allows you to type "!guns" that lets you pick your guns instead of just being assigned the roles it gives you. Cadaver might know more, as he has played it longer than me.

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Insurgency Server?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:31:18 PM »
If you want this. Post for it!
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:31:18 PM »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »
*semi-interest post*

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 07:20:35 PM »
Cadaver might know more, as he has played it longer than me.

Yes, considering I used to be an admin for an Insurgency server before I ever joined CTC.

It is simply this: One side is the Marines.  The other is the Insurgency.  You play in Iraq based maps.  You are limited to certain weapons by character class.  There are 4 classes per side.  It can be run as team death match or by taking objectives in a map.  Typically there are 3 to five objectives to capture per map.  Objectives maps work one of two ways: Linear (Take objective A, then B, then C.) or just take all the objectives, not in a specific order.

It is similar to CS:S, except there is no bomb to defuse.  And there is respawning during the match. And you die a lot easier.  One shot one kill is very possible, even without headshotting the opponent.   Ammo is limited, though there are ammo crates in game.

Typically you are limited to your battle rifle, pistol, and a couple of grenades.  No 20 different weapons.  You can pick up weapons from your dead enemy or friendlies.

RPG is quite fun, and an easy to shoot, and is a noobs firearm.   The L1A1 is my favorite (Great Britian's edition of the FAL.)

Oh, it was the Half Life 2 Mod of the Year in 2007.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/insurgency

http://steamcommunity.com/games/Insurgency

The original creators of the mod look to be making a new (unfortunately pay to play) version, soon.

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 07:35:48 PM »
I vote yes

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »
SO WE ARE ALL IN AGREEMENT YES? GOOD. NO SHUT UP EVERYONE IS YES

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 01:52:10 PM »
yeah
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 03:17:11 PM »
The original creators of the mod look to be making a new (unfortunately pay to play) version, soon.
They did a kickstart, didn't make the required cash.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
SO WE ARE ALL IN AGREEMENT YES? GOOD. NO SHUT UP EVERYONE IS YES
r u?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal