Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trade Server - Random Giveaways!  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Trade Server - Random Giveaways!
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:36:18 AM »
I'm going to try to start doing random giveaways on the server when I am on to promote it, if anyone wants to donate items I will gladly take them and give them away first.

I just gave about 5 -  7 items away, and I encourage people playing to do the same if they want to promote the server.

Actually choose the items and players at random, or as random as you can be. I only trade doubles of items though.

Offline Finniespin

Re: Trade Server - Random Giveaways!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 01:49:25 AM »
I'm in, I have some random weapons to get rid of.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 01:49:25 AM »

Offline Blazyd

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 02:11:28 AM »
The server is up there with other high trade servers like skial and cwg. It's going pretty well

Someone stole my sweetroll - TowerSheep 8/7/12   â˜‚

Offline Leomire

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:20:55 AM »
I'll support by giving away some stranges.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 08:54:59 PM »
ANYTHING I have doubles of you can have

even a few vintage ones

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »
Excellent and proven strategy, Corey.  Used it to promote the Saxton Server.

I will be on Saxton sometime soon, to finish out what I have been donated to give out. (Like some hats and scrap, etc.)

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
I might giveaway some items.  I stopped giving a shit about tf2 items when I got dota 2.  Those are the only items I care about.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »
So a certain Leomire just gave me stranges, and said do whatever with them, be it give away or use for my own pleasure.

I was wondering, does anyone know how a raffle for them would work? Like have it so people donate a regular item to me so I can give out more for the chance to win the strange? What would be the best way for them all to do it? Make a post on the forums to encourage forum activity?

I honestly don't care that much about stranges, but they apparently are of a higher value in the game.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 09:48:04 PM »
The way I did it was simple: I turned off my Steam Friends, got on the server, and saw how many were on, then randomed the number.  (a simple thing to do on a calculator.) Then I gave them an item.  Ironically, some would not want an item, and would donate XD.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 11:38:46 PM »
Yeah yeah, double post. :P

Make sure you coordinate with the Head Admin,  and let them know who has given you what,  and who you gave it away to. So people do not think you are just trying to get free stuff.  They even questioned me on it on Saxton.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »
Yeah yeah, double post. :P

Make sure you coordinate with the Head Admin,  and let them know who has given you what,  and who you gave it away to. So people do not think you are just trying to get free stuff.  They even questioned me on it on Saxton.

Will do

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal