Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Saxton hale rule addon re-request  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Finniespin

Saxton hale rule addon re-request
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
Since the implementation of the baby face blaster.
There are now even more scouts remaining as last stand.

Could we do a rule that if a player / a scout is the last person standing.
AND with hale having 2k HP left.

Could/can we slay this person. Most times it's just unnecessary waiting for the next round.
And it can take up alot of time.

Thoughts?

Offline Hair Slut

Re: Saxton hale rule addon re-request
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:16 PM »
i agree, maybe add a bleed when a scout is last alive?

so he gets a shot at winning but dies quickly if stupid

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 09:52:16 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
I agree, so many times there are 2 or 1 scouts left, just shooting hale with his pistol when he has 4 or 5K of hp left, and if its not that they just run forever until they get caught.

Maybe a vote slay command?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »
2k damage is easy as hell to do with last stand crits, especially if you can just run backwards and keep unloading on the Hale.
Can't we just use common sense to determine if the scout is wasting time or is trying to kill the Hale/HHHJR/Vangineer/CBS, if he is trying to kill the Hale then he is going to get raged, if he is just running around not doing any damage then we get to slay him. On top of that we have a 3 scout limit in place.

I can't comment on if its even possible to add a bleed effect to the last one standing, and if we did there is still the matter of bonk/mad milk/plain old medkits to heal the scout and it encourages camping as the hale, which is the last thing the we need.

Damn it people posting while I'm writing this shit. Crow if you have last stand crits a pistol shot does 45 damage, a clip has 12 bullets that means with one full clip a scout can do over 500 damage, that's more than most crappy soldiers and pyros manage with their whole lives.
I need a new sig...

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »
2k damage is easy as hell to do with last stand crits, especially if you can just run backwards and keep unloading on the Hale.
Can't we just use common sense to determine if the scout is wasting time or is trying to kill the Hale/HHHJR/Vangineer/CBS, if he is trying to kill the Hale then he is going to get raged, if he is just running around not doing any damage then we get to slay him. On top of that we have a 3 scout limit in place.

I can't comment on if its even possible to add a bleed effect to the last one standing, and if we did there is still the matter of bonk/mad milk/plain old medkits to heal the scout and it encourages camping as the hale, which is the last thing the we need.

Damn it people posting while I'm writing this shit. Crow if you have last stand crits a pistol shot does 45 damage, a clip has 12 bullets that means with one full clip a scout can do over 500 damage, that's more than most crappy soldiers and pyros manage with their whole lives.

I'm talking about 4 or 5K not 2K. Sometimes I see scouts try to kill a hale with 10K and usually that scout is somebody that is not good, not somebody that is good at playing scout or epic, just a nobody that runs after he shoots one clip in the general direction of Hale.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 10:16:04 PM »
I agree, so many times there are 2 or 1 scouts left, just shooting hale with his pistol when he has 4 or 5K of hp left, and if its not that they just run forever until they get caught.

This is the main reason I don't play hale very often. I think that the scout should be slain if they are really wasting everyone's time.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
Yes, 2k is kind of harsh. And it is possible.

But I can notice if a scout is noob yes or no.

First of all I look at the damage meter. Most times they don't even have above 200 damage.
Second of all I look at their movement. Most scouts are sometimes camping/hiding.
Or waiting for hale to show up.

I know only a few people who can manage to do AT MAX 2k damage alone.
But those people are very few.

You and me sym, are one of those.

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »

I'm talking about 4 or 5K not 2K. Sometimes I see scouts try to kill a hale with 10K and usually that scout is somebody that is not good, not somebody that is good at playing scout or epic, just a nobody that runs after he shoots one clip in the general direction of Hale.
Would be amazing if you pointed that 4/5k health out because finni was talking about 2K. And this come back to my first point, lets just use common sense, if the scout is shooting at the hale then going for ammo while doing decent damage then let him until he gets raged. If he misses 11 out of his 12 bullets each time and keeps running around in circles then we tell him to man up and fight the Hale/whoever or get slain.

And I don't know if it's a timezone thing but I almost never see a scout running around for too long against a hale, they either die early on or get raged. That being said quite often I am the scout that is shooting at the hale with last stand crits, but in my defense I usually do 3k+ damage, excluding the times when the hale is good and then this whole rule thingy wouldn't apply anyway.
I need a new sig...

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
Yes, you are the very few people that can do more damage.

But when there are ALOT of people on.
It's fairly good for players to have more playtime rather than spectating.

Most people will leave if they have to wait to long. Seen that happen quite a few times.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »
Yes Symbols you are certainly the exception to the rule, most times however its a single scout that has done 100 damage the entire round, and does maybe 300 before he dies, but the person playing always ends up taking 5 minutes to do that 300 damage. This is why I have a book to read when I play the game.

3 Days isn't log

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 10:38:16 PM »
It's fairly good for players to have more playtime rather than spectating.
That's why I'm saying we use Rule#7 "Use common sense", if the scout is doing well the hale will rage him and he will die, everyone gets to play, if the scout/whoeverthefuckhappenstobealive isn't doing any damage at all and is just wasting time running away from the hale then we slay him and everyone gets to play.

DAMN IT CROW, the second time you posted something while im writing a terrible response to finni but what I am trying to say applies anyway.
I need a new sig...

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »
That's a fairly (In my opinion) terrible rule.

Like those kids know what "Common sense" is.
Most times people don't even read the rules.

Sorta besides the point.

We need this as a rule aside. The "common sense" rule can be easily avoided.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:46:14 PM by Finniespin »

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 10:55:05 PM »
That's a fairly [terrible/bad] rule (In my opinion).

Like those kids know what "Common sense" is.
That's why we don't give admin rights to the kids, we have admins to enforce the rules, kind of the point of having admins wouldn't you say?

Besides there is another problem that if someone wants to waste time they could do it fairly well as a soldier (mantreads jumps get you across the map, demomen with a few heads and the charging target can keep running forever, spy with the stranger can stay invisible pretty much forever and so on and so forth)
So there are admins to see that this doesn't happen. If we let the kids voteslay then they will abuse the living shit out of it, if we just add bleed to the last one alive then the hale will just camp.

And least we forget the gamemode already has things in place to avoid this the last stand crits being one: more damage = faster rage = faster game over, secondly the hale builds rage over time as well. As long as yahtzee manages to keep a decent admin staff it shouldn't be a problem.
I need a new sig...

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
Yathzee!

Implement the rule you lazy-ass

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
Notion Carried. As of Today July 8th 2012, this rule is now in effect.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal