Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Towersheep  (Read 10812 times)

Offline arth987

Re: Towersheep
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 08:36:14 PM »
I don't really wanna get into this.. but that has been a rule.. i also think that since it wasn't written down he wouldn't have known regardless of the fact that its common sense that you take a punishment and not try to end it yourself, but i also think that you should have gagged him again not perma and told him not to leave and rejoin again or he will be perma gagged.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
You're not supposed to follow it. This is just proof that this rule was not made for you. You just happened to break it.

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 08:44:08 PM »
You're not supposed to follow it. This is just proof that this rule was not made for you. You just happened to break it.
I should not follow it, so I cannot know about the rule... Makes complete sense...  /sarcasm
Rule was not made for me... You still (perma)gagged me.
"Happened to break it"... Well I just so "happened" to accuse you of admin abuse.

It all doesn't make any damn sense.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
The re-joining to avoid a mute/gag.. That's after TWO rejoins. The first rejoin is a warning and regag, the second is a pgag. Two other admins said this to you, and you said "no, it's always been one rejoin." Then why do I waste my time warning people when they avoid the first time?

Tower, I'm almost positive it's after two rejoins. Lately you've been a little.. quick to admin. Had a CvG friend pop in and he was asking me why the head admin to this server was muting and gagging people for saying you were acting like a douche when you were yelling at them for saying "this map is overplayed." Or when I killed myself on my innocent round to watch a video and you were killed on your T round for it. You told me to leave and when I said no, you kicked me. Just saying.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »
@Waff: It's always been a 1 rejoin. If you want to give the person another chance that it your call as an admin. I have never said warn then pgag. Now I know where the idea of that comes from. I let admins who want to be nice do so, I am not a dictator. That said, I've told finnie not to troll several times (not today) and gagged him some of those times.

Your CvG friend was mic-spamming the whole preround into the actual round about it. He would not drop it, so I yelled (maybe I shouldn't have).
Another guy called me a douche for the gag, I warned him not to do it again, he called me a douche again. he was gagged.
I have been quick to admin because there have been a lot of people breaking the rules since the MOTD broke. I'd rather the trolls rage quit the server than our regulars see admins do nothing about blatant trolling.

@You have every right to suspect that I abused because the rule was not posted, I honestly thought it was there but I am human and make mistaked. TTT admins who are active know the rule and have been pmuting/pgagging for it.

by Kwaurtz

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »
Just want to defend my friend here now. He did not use the mic to say anything about it to you. He was typing to me about it. The only time he did use mic was after the round started and was playing the game.

And also: Quick to admin trolls? Am I a troll? You told me to leave when you were killed on your T round because of me, and when I was trying to tell you that I didn't know anyone was around me, that I just wanted to watch my video, you kicked me. I mean. I guess now I can do that too now, I suppose? Kick anyone that kills me on my T round without a good reason when they refuse to leave when I tell them to. Or I'm just a troll and you can quickly admin me all you want.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 09:16:41 PM »
I was out of line. Not gonna make excuses.
I may have mixed up which was your friend but thats why there was a mute and gag so close together. This thread is about finnie. Amd the pgag. If you think i abused feel free to make a thread.

by Kwaurtz

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »
Alright. For TS: I have looked at the punishment standards and I see that it is, in fact, a single rejoin. Could you please do something to change it to two? Games do tend to crash at the worst times, and it'll give us a better reputation as a gaming community if we lay off being so.. well, not giving any warnings. I would love this to be changed for the derogatory speech as well. Then people won't find us such butthurt admins.

And please, for future references, don't be so hurtful to players in-game. If someone yelled at me, do you not expect me to yell back? Then to be muted for defending myself? Again, giving us a bad rep.

To Finnie: I haven't seen your actions in-game, and I was alive when you were gagged in dead chat, so I couldn't see that either. But seeing how you're acting here and in the shoutbox, I really do side with Tower. I kind of feel like this should be his final warning, though. One more screw up and it's a pgag. We can't really prove that he crashed, but coming back and saying "haha?" Sort of on the fence about it.

Offline Andredem

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »
2 rejoins would be better. It really does kind of get the accidently disconnect cases out of the way. Personally, I understand where TowerSheep is coming from when he talks about Finnie trolling before, so I won't side with the admin abuse. But I will side with a rule change to 2 warnings- which should land Finnie getting ungagged.. idk... TowerSheep says Finnie's done it before and maybe he deserved the permanent gag anyway. And in TTT you can still use binds and microphone use, which is essentially better than typing on TTT. 

I'm not sure if I can agree with the admin abuse. TowerSheep is responsible and is one of the best leaders I've seen, even though he gets angry, which is human. I get angry. Everyone does.

Maybe with the whole unposted official rule controversy thing can be reversed and changed to 2 rejoins.  We'll always have this rejoining pmute/pgag process scarred into each and every one of us from this case.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:47:11 PM by Andredem »
"Get busy livin' or get busy dying"

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 09:57:19 PM »
Towersheep did something similar last night on ventrillo when all of us were having a debate with doombringer about doom 3 when at random towersheep told off all of us in the channel and then Banned doombringer after he said something jokingly back
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:01:39 PM by alechertrocks »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 10:13:14 PM »
Okay, not going to get to far into this, but a few comments.

The haha thing kind of makes me doubt DCing was an accident, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say this:

If you know you have a glitch that makes you disconnect, try not to activate it.  If you have no choice but to activate it, or need to rejoin for some reason, simply let the admins know you will be rejoining and it'll be fine.  If you do disconnect on accident, and were gagged before leaving, maybe just don't rejoin immediately?  Wait 15-20 minutes and you'll be fine.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 10:15:33 PM »
Okay, not going to get to far into this, but a few comments.

The haha thing kind of makes me doubt DCing was an accident, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say this:

If you know you have a glitch that makes you disconnect, try not to activate it.  If you have no choice but to activate it, or need to rejoin for some reason, simply let the admins know you will be rejoining and it'll be fine.  If you do disconnect on accident, and were gagged before leaving, maybe just don't rejoin immediately?  Wait 15-20 minutes and you'll be fine.

or we could just change the rule to 2 rejoins instead

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 10:22:56 PM »
Since most of the admins want it, I will change it to 2 rejoins. Next time Finnie is on, please ungag him. If we are changing the rule I'm not going to hold the punishment against him.  However, Finnie the next gag will be perma. As I've gagged you several times now and I'm tired of the trolling.

@Alec: Last night was a terrible night for me personally (more stress than I was able to handle). I've apologized to artix and dante about the whole thing. Again, I admit I was wrong. I am a human with emotions, I do fuck up. It's funny because I heard no one (including inject) complain. In fact someone even said he deserved it. Also you, Irish, Artix, and Dante were doing nothing but trolling each other over the same damn points.

@Waff: I posted that AFTER he made this thread (To be fair) because I didn't realize I had not posted it.

I still await CL's to put their opinions in to if this was abuse or not. As far as I see, he broke a rule and was punished.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »
@Alec: Last night was a terrible night for me personally (more stress than I was able to handle). I've apologized to artix and dante about the whole thing. Again, I admit I was wrong. I am a human with emotions, I do fuck up. It's funny because I heard no one (including inject) complain. In fact someone even said he deserved it. Also you, Irish, Artix, and Dante were doing nothing but trolling each other over the same damn points.

This isn't the first time you've decided to tell people off in ventrillo first off, secondly losing your temper is one thing we all do that its normal , but to lose your temper and then use your admin powers for personal gain is a different story entirely and no one complains because it would just add fuel to the fire and cause more drama.

edit: ya the last line of this was a little harsh
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:49:38 AM by alechertrocks »

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »

This isn't the first time you've decided to tell people off in ventrillo first off, secondly losing your temper is one thing we all do that its normal , but to lose your temper and then use your admin powers for personal gain is a different story entirely and no one complains because it would just add fuel to the fire and cause more drama.

Again, I admit I was wrong. I apologized to him. I actually tried to unban him but I don't know how to unban people on vent. I also left the room to prevent me from doing anything else stupid.

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal