Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hunger Games  (Read 9907 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Hunger Games
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »
Well inject im sorry to say that movies will always be over hyped. O Wait no im not, im hyped up for W.W.Z and Halo movies! (FINNALY! :D)
No movies are not usually over hyped like this.
21 Jump Street was pretty decent. Not over hyped not hyped at all.

Hunger games is just RANDOMLY hyped for no particular reason. People look for too deep of shit when in reality it's just a fucking movie.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Dante

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 05:21:14 PM »
Wat? I never... I never said anything about.... that. I just said movies always will be over hyped, like hunger games, Harry Potter or Serenity, Or thor, or avenges.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 05:21:14 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »
Well inject im sorry to say that movies will always be over hyped. O Wait no im not, im hyped up for W.W.Z and Halo movies! (FINNALY! :D)

Hunger games is just RANDOMLY hyped for no particular reason. People look for too deep of shit when in reality it's just a fucking movie.

Well they are over-hyped because they know that if it works out for them they will make a shit ton more money then if they just advertised it the week before the movie came out. Also I dunno about you but 21 Jump Street was marketed quite alot around here, alot of commercial spots
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2012, 06:06:20 PM »
Wat? I never... I never said anything about.... that. I just said movies always will be over hyped, like hunger games, Harry Potter or Serenity, Or thor, or avenges.
All theoes movies have bigger reasons to be hyped.

Also Commercials =/= hype, when people SCREAM about it thats hype.

And Serenity was hyped because it was based of the very well liked TV Series. Also it stars Nathan Fillion and hes a bamf so yeah :P

And Thor is a comic, so dur.

Altho nither of these were hyped like this movie. Everyones masturbating furiously to this (hunger games).

I'd rather people just treat it like EVERY SINGLE OTHER MOVIE. and just watch it if they want and stop giving me bs like OH IT"S SOCIETY DE... no its a movie. It makes dollar bills.

Their is better movies.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline whenbananasattack

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:33 AM »

And Serenity was hyped because it was based of the very well liked TV Series. Also it stars Nathan Fillion and hes a bamf so yeah :P

Altho nither of these were hyped like this movie. Everyones masturbating furiously to this (hunger games).

I'd rather people just treat it like EVERY SINGLE OTHER MOVIE. and just watch it if they want and stop giving me bs like OH IT"S SOCIETY DE... no its a movie. It makes dollar bills.

Their is better movies.

Well, to be fair, The Hunger Games was a pretty popular novel, about as popular as some of the works he mentioned, so the hype is not at all surprising and it had about as much "reason" for it.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:23 AM »

Their is better movies.

Well, to be fair, The Hunger Games was a pretty popular novel, about as popular as some of the works he mentioned, so the hype is not at all surprising and it had about as much "reason" for it.
But it had no reason to be popular, and to be fair I never hard of it until the movie.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 01:45:21 AM »
But it had no reason to be popular, and to be fair I never hard of it until the movie.

Maybe it has no reason to be popular and why you haven't heard of it because not many people from where you live HEARD about it yet. Would be a fair assumption. (ie rural vs urban)

Secondly the "hype" in hunger games came so abruptly, before only a few people knew about it and then a few years later they suddenly plan on making a movie.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 03:18:51 AM »
Idc how hyped it is, WE DONT NEED A FUCKING TEAM PEETA OR GALE.  THIS ISN'T TWILIGHT.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Inject is cynical and should stop judging movies on originality rather than it's performance.
No... I just hate when movies get over hyped when there nother special compared to every other movie that comes out. Every looks for some deep meaing or OH MY GOD THIS HASNT BEEN DONE BEFORE GASP!!! When in reality their wrong. I never said the movies bad and I'm not Cynical. I just think the hype for this is stupid and should stop.

1) I've noticed nobody talking about the originality or whether or not it's been done before; actually imagining an argument like that happening IRL seems kinda silly. Not surprised to see it here though.

2) I noticed little to no hype, wasn't on the internet enough I guess. It doesn't help that it was a popular novel amongst teens and adults already; so they had more of a following when it comes out. It was already a well known good book, and now everyone see's the trailers on TV and IT LOOKS AWESOME. It's simple as that really, all the rest is the modern media all over the place. Any time ANYTHING remotely interesting happens there's hype, for little to no reason other than people are bored. Some black kid dies, 5 million people march in the streets protesting failing justice systems, while thousands of people die daily due to other (probably worse) causes and nobody cares. Kind of off topic but really, haven't you noticed how "overhyped" EVERYTHING is these days?

The media is retarded these days, and anything remotely interesting gets blown out of proportion. Stop giving a fuck immediately, and give your own fucks sparingly. You live your life by your opinion anyway, if millions of people are screaming for a movie and you don't want to; ignore the situation and seek happiness elsewhere. There are always the people who love a movie, the people who don't care for it, and those who despise it and talk about it as much as those who liked it. The only movie I recall being the later for was The Last Airbender, for obvious reasons. Only movie I wanted to walk out on in Theaters.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
Lettme necro just this once.

I saw it today and it's kind of disturbing. 12 year olds getting stabbed by 18 year olds...
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Lettme necro just this once.

I saw it today and it's kind of disturbing. 12 year olds getting stabbed by 18 year olds...

Yup, the book was as well.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
Was not overhyped. Its good, very good. I recommend seeing it. Also where the hell do people try to compare this to Twilight? Twilight is not even in the same class, and that is definitely true for the movies.

3 Days isn't log

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 01:05:35 PM »
Movie: Boring as Shit and the camera guys clearly had epilepsy. I'm all for employing disabled people but come on... I couldn't tell what the hell was going on 90% of the time.
Jennifer Lawrence: Hot.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
Movie: Boring as Shit and the camera guys clearly had epilepsy. I'm all for employing disabled people but come on... I couldn't tell what the hell was going on 90% of the time.

To each his own but there is one thing we agree on.

Jennifer Lawrence is HOT. lol

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

This.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal