Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (Possible Perma) Ban?  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Justsomeguy

(Possible Perma) Ban?
« on: April 27, 2011, 01:33:22 AM »
Who were you banned by: TowerSheep? I think

Why were you banned: Probably for raging and RDM'ing

What server where you banned from: TTT

What date and/or time around were you banned: I don't recall

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13391439

Your in game name: Justsomeguy

Link to your steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Justsomeguy759

Additional comments: I really am not sure why I am still banned, but then again I was quite a rager back in the day. I couldn't find anything on Source Bans, so I don't know I'd like a Un-Ban so I can play on a GOOD TTT server.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:28:13 PM by Inject OH 4 »

Offline TowerSheep

Re: (Possible Perma) Ban?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:35:09 PM »
I don't remember banning you. I don't recognize your name.

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:35:09 PM »

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »
Justsomeguy - go up to the top menu and click on "Bans."  Then search through the database, and find when you were banned, why you were banned, and whom by.  Copy and paste the info on here.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:39:42 PM »
Justsomeguy - go up to the top menu and click on "Bans."  Then search through the database, and find when you were banned, why you were banned, and whom by.  Copy and paste the info on here.

Additional comments: I really am not sure why I am still banned, but then again I was quite a rager back in the day. I couldn't find anything on Source Bans, so I don't know I'd like a Un-Ban so I can play on a GOOD TTT server.
Phim Bogason

Offline Justsomeguy

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:30:28 AM »
Well I tried using my IP(although I now have a new ISP) and my Steam_ID to search Sourcebans and still can't find anything when I join the server it just says "You have been banned from this server." so I imagine it's server side, I am un-certain as to what action can be taken and I'll await another response.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 02:19:43 PM »
I suppose we could run his Steam ID through and unban him, if anything bad happens just give him a ban again.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 06:39:38 PM »
Hmm.   After doing advance searches on the Ban List, I do not see your name, nor steam ID on the list.  After searching Tower Sheep's ban, I do not see any posting close to your info.   I think a different admin banned you.

I think Dark is right.  There is doubt here, and unbanning may be the best route. 

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 07:20:01 AM »
Actually it is a while since justsomeguy played on TTT, by that I mean before we got the whole sourcebans installed, I don't know if all bans were ported over there but in any case it seems this one is one of the unported ones.

I actually think I remember this guy if I got it right he revenge rdmed then left, pretty sure that's what happened but then again long time ago so I really do not remember that well.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 01:00:52 PM »
I blame Jorgen. If it's before source bans and for rdm/leave shouldn't we unban him?

by Kwaurtz

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 01:14:01 PM »
tower revenge rdm and leave is a multiple offence sort of thing, revenge rdm is an instant 1 week ban whilst leaving makes it worse, so perma.

I did not ban him though I was just there I believe.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »
Ah, well seeing as it is long gone from old bans (by speculation) and that this was from revenge rdm (which means he isn't exactly a bad person, just taking revenge against someone who themselves rdm'd) I don't see any reason to not unban. If anything goes wrong like I said before just re-ban him

Guys agree on this?

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
Ah, well seeing as it is long gone from old bans (by speculation) and that this was from revenge rdm (which means he isn't exactly a bad person, just taking revenge against someone who themselves rdm'd) I don't see any reason to not unban. If anything goes wrong like I said before just re-ban him

Guys agree on this?
not really, revenge RDM is not always based on getting legit RDMed before, some people just rage because they died and yell RDM and then kill the person even though the killer had a perfectly legit reason.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 02:07:55 PM »

Guys agree on this?
not really, revenge RDM is not always based on getting legit RDMed before, some people just rage because they died and yell RDM and then kill the person even though the killer had a perfectly legit reason.
True, it depends on scenario I guess.

Offline (=CG=) DoomBringerDANTE

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
Jorgen is right emo. Just because it was revenge rdm dosent mean the one who revenged rdmed is good. Last time I was on ttt I killed a traitor on lost temple who was fighting another guy with only crowbars. He thought I rdmed and I told him "you two were attacking each other and the inno was the only one who took damage". Next round its richland and he tries killing me when he is detective and im t the second the round started. I killed him. He tried again when i was detctive and he was inno. I killed once again with frenchy to the head and tower banned him (diffrent guy than op). Now he was banned for revenge rdm. Do you think he was in the right?

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Malkavian
Quotes From/About Malkavians:
"Hee, hee! Watch it squirm! Now poke out its eyes!" - the last words heard by a victim of a Malkavian connoisseur.------
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen.  When a Malkavian acts, leave. 
When two Malkavians gather, run."
-Gangrel, on Malkavians------
"When you find yourself falling into madness, dive!" Malkavian saying---

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 07:45:24 PM »
Jorgen is right emo. Just because it was revenge rdm dosent mean the one who revenged rdmed is good. Last time I was on ttt I killed a traitor on lost temple who was fighting another guy with only crowbars. He thought I rdmed and I told him "you two were attacking each other and the inno was the only one who took damage". Next round its richland and he tries killing me when he is detective and im t the second the round started. I killed him. He tried again when i was detctive and he was inno. I killed once again with frenchy to the head and tower banned him (diffrent guy than op). Now he was banned for revenge rdm. Do you think he was in the right?
Well yeah, that's why I read his post and replied to it saying that "oh yeah, true my bad lol" lol

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 07:45:24 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal