Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: We HAVE to work out the ban issue.  (Read 1951 times)

Offline TheSlyder

We HAVE to work out the ban issue.
« on: January 15, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »
I can't ban. At all. I've tried every format. I've tried with quotation marks, without, I've tried names, steam IDs, everything. Nothing works.

So what does Slyder do when there are blantant trolls fucking shit and dicking about?

He silences them, freezes them, and lets everybody play pinata. That doesn't cut it though at 4am when I'm sleepy, we have a busy server, and there are no other admins.

We had two or three gentlemen (Please check the ban request board if you haven't already) who where RDMing everything in sight while spouting all kinds of offensive nonsense regarding 9/11.

The best I could do was silence them and slay them every round until they left of their own free will. I'm sure if not banned they'll return.

Not to mention the fact that our server for about thirty minutes was a pathetic joke with one admin who couldn't do anything to take control of the situation.

We need to get this issue resolved. I know Kwaurtz has been having his own issues with bans, though not as severe as mine. I didn't want Sourcemod, and I'll be fucked right in my dick if I'm the one that has to get to the bottom of this.

I like Sourcemod, it's given me a lot of nice features we didn't have with Evolve, but do something right or don't do it.

Offline Klondor

Re: We HAVE to work out the ban issue.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »
It seems to be some sort of glitch, some people have been able to ban and some havent I wonder whats going on.
"Lets Go Bub"

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 08:48:34 AM »
the best thing to do is to kick them get the IP last thing in their name
then you type sm_banip "ip" "time" "reason"

the only 100% safe ban way I have found as of yet, I hope this info helps =)

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »
My bans work fine for some reason now.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:47:15 PM »
ill test it out tonight srry i have been swamped with work around cg

Offline TheSlyder

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 11:09:12 PM »
I discovered today that the /addban command works for me.

It seems I can't ban anyone ON the server using the /ban command (Or any other command I tried) EXCEPT if I use the /admin command and set up the ban through the user interface, it works then.

So at least that's somewhat under control. I can ban people that leave, and I can ban people who are on the server, it's just significantly more inconvenient than it was with Evolve.

How does Sourcemod work exactly? Can we use add-ons that'll create new commands and such? If so, I'd love to be able to have the /spec command again. It's annoying having to shuffle through players to find an accused aimbotter, or using the /goto command and mash "E" on the player like madman to spectate him.

I'm liking sourcemod, I just wish it were as simple as quickly typing "!ban STEAMID 10080 Being a dickwad" for a ban, instead of having command A for off-server bans, and command B for on-server bans, both of them with reversed format (Ban is STEAMID then time, Addban is time, then STEAMID.)

I've no idea why the guy who coded Sourcemod would consciously decide to handle things like this.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 08:26:30 AM »
Banip works rather similar to normal ban =P

but the very thing we tried to stop has happened though, like i'd ban some1 and they'd be back just a sec later, then i used banip and they were gone=P

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »
applying fixes now across the

darkrp and ttt server

Offline OMG_ZombiePenguin

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 12:51:51 AM »
I thought that it said " We HAVE to Work out". sad face I got pumped

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:17 AM »